Author Topic: 'Day Without Immigrants' under way  (Read 6448 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
'Day Without Immigrants' under way
« on: May 01, 2006, 02:04:31 PM »

Jeff Salsbery told The Associated Press that he was losing thousands of dollars because 25 Latino workers hadn't shown up at his Carmel, Indiana, landscaping company.

"I'm not very happy this morning," Salsbery told the AP. "We're basically shut down in our busiest month of the year."

Well, Jeff, ol' buddy.... you'd be a whole lot unhappier if they put me in charge of enforcement.

Here you are basically admitting that you knowingly employ illegals and crying that you're losing money.

I throw your sad arse in jail and simultaneously fine you as much as the law allowed.

YOU asnd those like YOU, Jeff, are one of the, if not THE, major reason we have a problem with illegals in this country.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 02:07:41 PM »
Can't say that I've noticed them being gone.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 02:08:28 PM »
I have no sympathy for illegals or anyone that takes part in this sissy protest.  If they dont like things here, they need to pack their bags and leave the USA

Time to build a berlin wall between mexico and the US and shoot anyone that tries to cross illegally
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 02:09:15 PM »
Build the wall, sure.... save the shooting for people like ol' Jeff. They are the reason illegals come here.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 02:18:32 PM »

Never forget this!!!!!
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 02:48:21 PM »
Now you are getting it Toad old bean...

make it a one year mandatory jail sentance for anyone employing illegals and the problem goes away like magic... along with some of the sleazest scum bag employers since the slave trader days..

Those employers are not even one tiny step above the slavers.  They are making a profit off of Americans and illegals.

I would not be opposed to putting a bounty on em.

lazs

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 02:49:34 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Build the wall, sure.... save the shooting for people like ol' Jeff. They are the reason illegals come here.

:aok :aok :aok :aok :aok  

BTW.. I approve. ;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 02:55:59 PM »
Laz, I think it's already against the law.

Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):

A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:

* assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or

* encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or

* knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

Penalties upon conviction include criminal fines, imprisonment, and forfeiture of vehicles and real property used to commit the crime.

And this is from law.com

Six of seven current and former IFCO managers charged with felony conspiracy to harbor illegal aliens were released on bond and are to appear May 4 in Albany, N.Y., where the criminal complaint was filed and the investigation began at a suburban IFCO facility.

The managers could face up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each alien involved, as well as forfeitures.

Start locking up the guys doing the hiring for 10 years and see how fast jobs for illegals dry up. No jobs, no point in coming here illegally.

It's the same old story; our problems are not new. Most of them have been around a long time; laws are on the books to deal with them.

However, the laws are not being enforced. What a suprise. The problem is us.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 03:08:16 PM »
I haven't seen a lawn service all day, anywhere, not even at one of the dozens of gas stations I've driven by. My office is in a neighborhood, and I pass through or past several on my way home. Not a single trailer of lawn equipment anywhere.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Re: 'Day Without Immigrants' under way
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 03:38:56 PM »

Well, Jeff, ol' buddy.... you'd be a whole lot unhappier if they put me in charge of enforcement.

Here you are basically admitting that you knowingly employ illegals and crying that you're losing money.

I throw your sad arse in jail and simultaneously fine you as much as the law allowed.

YOU asnd those like YOU, Jeff, are one of the, if not THE, major reason we have a problem with illegals in this country.

I'm wondering where in Salsbery's quote did he admit to hiring illegal immigrants. :rolleyes:
sand

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 03:42:16 PM »
I heard on the radio that today is "Pinko de Mayo" :D
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: 'Day Without Immigrants' under way
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 04:10:08 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
I'm wondering where in Salsbery's quote did he admit to hiring illegal immigrants. :rolleyes:

The whole purpose of the walkout and marches is to protest the "tough immigration laws" and make it easier to get citizenship.

So you think all those protesting already have their papers?

Landscape businesses are primary employment sources for illegals. It's possible Jeff ONLY hires legal citizens but it is extremely unlikely that that is the case.

I hope they investigate every single one of Jeff's employees and fine him according to statute if there are any that are illegal.

But then I feel that way about everyone using illegal immigrants as labor.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 04:13:08 PM »
I suppose on may 5th that stupid mexican day I should have banners that say

"Support America, deport illegals" :D
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: 'Day Without Immigrants' under way
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 04:13:54 PM »

So you think all those protesting already have their papers?

Many (if not most) probably do.
sand

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 04:24:26 PM »
I think your estimate is way, way off.

On February 7, 1997 the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) released its latest estimate for the size and growth of the illegal alien population in the United States, updating its 1994 report.

One of the findings was that the illegal population is 54 percent Mexican.

Who's primarily marching and boycotting today?

Quotes About National Immigrant Boycott

— Quotes from immigrants, business owners and others about Monday's national boycott.

"I really hope and I dream that we are not made into criminals, that there not be roundups and that they don't build that big wall they're talking about building." _ Jorge Reyes, an illegal immigrant who has been in the United States for six years, at a rally in Allentown, Pa.

___

"We don't come here the legal way. But we don't come here to do anything bad, just support our family because our country is so very poor." _ Derrick Trundle, 29, a landscape worker and native of Honduras, at a rally in New Orleans.

___

"I'm not very happy this morning. We're basically shut down in our busiest month of the year. It's going to cost me thousands of dollars today." _ Jeff Salsbery, owner of Salsbery Brothers Landscaping in Carmel, Ind.

___

"Every time I see an immigrant, I say, 'Thank you for doing things for my country.'" _ Lupe Flores, 66, a native of Texas wrapped in an American flag as she marched through Milwaukee.

___

"If I lose my job, it's worth it. It's worth losing several jobs to get my papers." _ Jose Cruz, 23, an immigrant from El Salvador who took the day off from his construction job to attend a rally in Homestead, Fla.

___

"If he leaves, it's going to be hard for us." _ Halee Cisneros, 11, talking about her father, an illegal immigrant, at a rally in Phoenix.

___

"If there is ever a time to show the world we are a compassionate people, this is it." _ Eamonn O'Neill, 64, who has tried to become a U.S. citizen since arriving from Ireland in 1965, at a rally in Milwaukee.

___

"These guys come here, they work hard and they're honest. They're salt of the earth. They provide a vibrancy to our economy and our country that is fading." _ Denver-area contractor Chuck Saxton, who hires temporary workers and suspects some of his crews have been illegal immigrants.

___

"I think it galvanizes average Americans into believing that there's a real problem that needs to be solved. The other thing that I think is important to note is these demonstrators here today do not speak for law-abiding Latino-American citizens." _ Republican National Committeeman Randy Pullen, a supporter of an Arizona law passed in 2004 to limit public services for illegal immigrants, outside a home-improvement store in Phoenix.

Yah... they're all legal.  :rolleyes: