Author Topic: 'Day Without Immigrants' under way  (Read 6551 times)

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
'Day Without Immigrants' under way
« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2006, 11:18:54 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
This thread was one hour and forty-four minutes closer to ending before you replied to it. ;)

That would have been quite insightful... But Mr Big posted in response to a different remark and ruined it for you :aok
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #226 on: May 08, 2006, 11:30:28 PM »
Originally posted by Kurt
That would have been quite insightful... But Mr Big posted in response to a different remark and ruined it for you :aok

The bastige. :D
sand

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #227 on: May 08, 2006, 11:55:39 PM »
if so much of the mexican workforce comes to america, i wonder how it affects the mexican economy.
maybe shut the border & mexico becomes china, but with burritos, tacos & enchiladas

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2006, 08:22:16 AM »
well... whatever your solution... unless you take the time to email or snailmail or even call your representitives..... you aren't doing anything.

I think most of the politicians know that the only solution that will work is to crack down on the employers...

Sadly... I don't think they are interested in a real solution.  As pasta said... if you try to use a fake ID to buy something or get a loan or buy a firearm... 600 feds and 700 SWAT will be at your door (or maybe the neighbors first) kicking it in...

It would be dead simple to catch all the fake ID's and have a 24 hour waiting period for hiring...

The result would be that instead of "bi lingual" being the most desirable hiring trait... "citizen" would be.

If you care... write your representitives...

lazs

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2006, 09:46:23 AM »
What I don't  understand is why it's such a big problem to find employers who hire illigals?

It seems obvious for me that illigals are paid less than minimal wage. If it is not the case it just means that minimal wage is too low. But paying subminimal wage is already illigal, and any speculations about fake IDs just have no sence, employers know for sure that they are hiring illigals.

I think that such things like paying less than minimal wage can be found by good accountant even from balance sheets. May be not to prove that but start to suspect.
Actually, even this is not necessary. All of you know where illigals work, and what kind of companies hire them. These companies have to do that otherwise they won't be competitive on the market, but it is another story. I think, US officials are not silly than you, and they all know this as well.

The question is: why they know that, and do nothing or very little?

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2006, 10:01:16 AM »
We just all need international IDs. Something easy to verify. Maybe a bar code tattooed on your hand or forehead. ;)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2006, 10:04:25 AM »
Microchips, like dogs and cats.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2006, 10:31:19 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Microchips, like dogs and cats.

The problem with microchips is that they can be easily replaced or removed. Get a fake one every time you switch jobs or need to change your identity. Tattoos can be removed too but not easily or without leaving evidence.

Of course then someone will come up with an ink that can be made to disappear. I suppose ID tattoo ink will have to be government regulated and verifiable by any scanner. The scanner will link back to a world wide database identifying the individual and recording the scan and it's intended purpose.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 10:41:18 AM by lukster »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: May 09, 2006, 10:38:45 AM »
Not where I'm going to have them put the chip.  ;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2006, 11:09:05 AM »
Originally posted by Vad
What I don't  understand is why it's such a big problem to find employers who hire illigals?

It seems obvious for me that illigals are paid less than minimal wage. If it is not the case it just means that minimal wage is too low. But paying subminimal wage is already illigal, and any speculations about fake IDs just have no sence, employers know for sure that they are hiring illigals.

I think that such things like paying less than minimal wage can be found by good accountant even from balance sheets. May be not to prove that but start to suspect.
Actually, even this is not necessary. All of you know where illigals work, and what kind of companies hire them. These companies have to do that otherwise they won't be competitive on the market, but it is another story. I think, US officials are not silly than you, and they all know this as well.

The question is: why they know that, and do nothing or very little?

You can bet that the people that are using fake IDs are getting paid minimum wage or better.
sand

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2006, 11:22:48 AM »
A background check like they use for guns would be a start.

That way, if the 20 year old Mexican standing in front of you is using the SSAN of a dead 90 year old one might surmise there is something amiss.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2006, 09:36:51 AM »
So, when our elected officials fail to act what are we going to do about it? When will we collectively open our windows and yell "I'm mad as hell as I'm not going to take it anymore"? Will yelling do any good? I'm betting a tax revolt would get some real attention.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2006, 10:02:53 AM »
Originally posted by lukster
So, when our elected officials fail to act what are we going to do about it? When will we collectively open our windows and yell "I'm mad as hell as I'm not going to take it anymore"? Will yelling do any good? I'm betting a tax revolt would get some real attention.

A tax revolt would get the first 1,000 or so made an example of (loose all assets, long prison term), that would be the end of the revolt.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2006, 10:17:23 AM »
Originally posted by Shamus
A tax revolt would get the first 1,000 or so made an example of (loose all assets, long prison term), that would be the end of the revolt.

shamus

That's what "they" want you to think. ;)

One of my customers is a CPA. We were talking one day and he told me that I would be very surprised to learn how many people go years without filing. Imagine what would happen if 100 million people simply "delayed" filing one year.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. John F. Kennedy
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 10:25:41 AM by lukster »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2006, 10:46:24 AM »
Vote, and spread the word.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you