Author Topic: FE & collisions etc.  (Read 3504 times)

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2006, 08:19:31 PM »
Just accept it's vodoo and move on:D
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2006, 08:22:37 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Belive this is a keeper. But since all of what is is just 1 & 0's in the computer would not it be the best judge of what is, is?

But now that we don't even know what is, is,and everone else is "ahhh this is hard" seeing there Is and Is's different how is is,is confused.

HiTech
:lol

Offline AWRaid

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
      • Semper Fi
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2006, 10:07:28 PM »
best way to avoid colliding --- avoid the HOs
-Raid

<S> SDShill <S>

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2006, 11:08:18 PM »
or just turn of collisions..i know this  encourages hoing right?:confused: like 95% of people dont already do it?

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2006, 12:43:23 AM »
If you want a translation of HT's post, you're gonna have to go to the con.  I'm sure if you hand him a glass of scotch and a pencil/scratchpad, he'll be happy to explain it for the billionth time :)  Face to face discussion with HT and Pyro is the best way to answer ANY question about the game, arena, etc.

As annoying as I've been sometimes, HT and Pyro NEVER blew me off at a con when I had a question, and that's pretty cool.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2006, 08:27:38 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but in the below diagram the Red pilot who perhaps could have avoided the collision takes the damage... and the blue pilot is told  "Red has collided with you."

If the red pilot was firing as he collided then both would be damaged.
Red from the collision.
Blue from the bullets.
But Blue would still see the message "Red has collided with you."

Correct...?

Perhaps this is the root cause of the perceived problem with the collision system...

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2006, 08:48:22 AM »
I think that about sums it up perfectly.

Doing a graphic seems so obvious that I dont know why nobody's posted one before...hopefully the pic will clear up any remaining doubts!

PS....Keep that pic at its current address, I ahve a feeling it will be linked when the NEXT collision complaint shows up!
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2006, 08:50:17 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
Belive this is a keeper. But since all of what is is just 1 & 0's in the computer would not it be the best judge of what is, is?

But now that we don't even know what is, is,and everone else is "ahhh this is hard" seeing there Is and Is's different how is is,is confused.

HiTech

Ah, as with the tree in a golden forest...
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Docc

• Copper Member
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2006, 09:32:26 AM »
"
Correct me if I am wrong, but in the below diagram the Red pilot who perhaps could have avoided the collision takes the damage... and the blue pilot is told "Red has collided with you."

Unfortunately in the game, the BLUE pilot takes more damage...even with no bullets being fired.  

The RED pilot may lose an oil line or engine, But the BLUE pilot loses a tail and dies.

This is what is really wrong with the collision model...the BLUE pilot is penalized for something he didn't see or do.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2006, 09:38:26 AM »
But how do you know that the other pilot did not fire at the last moment....

If I had a gun sight full of Rook I sure as hell would be firing......

Offline Docc

• Copper Member
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2006, 09:44:21 AM »
Tell me how a C-47 can shoot at you and I will start flying them all the time.  Also has happened to me with other planes which private messages confirm were out of ammo.  In each case I got the message that "XXXX has collided with you".  In each case I lost a tail while he flew away apparently unscathed.

I play with a higher (but steady) ping time than most.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2006, 10:10:38 AM »
Docc, seriously, why do you even bother? The **** you keep stating as fact isn't possible according to anyone, and you won't provide any sort of "proof". You continue to describe situations that the programmers say aren't even remotely possible, but you dismiss their input, and respond with, "well so-and-so said this, so HTC must be wrong".

Has it occured to you, even for one fleeting moment, that the guy who coded this game, and oversees all aspects of it, probably knows a little bit more about it than you? Your inability to accept the obvious amazes me.
You show up in every one of these threads talking crazy ****, but you won't provide even one film of all these incidents which, if you could actually be believed, occur at 2 second intervals every time you fly.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Docc

• Copper Member
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2006, 10:19:14 AM »
I learned to ignore you a long time ago too.

As soon as I can figure a way to prove it to you I will.......as has been stated above filming won;t do it.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2006, 10:20:57 AM »
Not that I would have used the same words as hub...

I have to agree.

Film it, Post it....

EDIT: OK Assumeing your the blue plane above what would you film show?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 10:23:30 AM by mussie »

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
FE & collisions etc.
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2006, 10:22:46 AM »
What is on film is what happened. You could ask HiTech if you don't believe me, but you've already proven you are more interested in complaining than understanding how collisions work.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech