Author Topic: P-51D Mustang  (Read 2289 times)

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
P-51D Mustang
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 03:44:22 AM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
Great plane~! Does everythng well. Has a few vices as flws:

The .50 cal's a somewhat neutered in AH2 so you need to unload prior to shooting then hold the trigger for a full second for the kill.

Hope this helps. :)

Yes, someone finally said it, i have been saying the guns r alittle weak for a while and everybody thinks im crazy.

I fly the f4u 90% of the time but certain situations i just need to get in the 51d.  The thing i love about it is most of the time u will be either faster or turn better then the nme. And the high speed turning is excellent. A high speed mustang is hard to follow, i have made spits break tryin to follow me in high g turns. And the thing is feakin fast in the dive. And the views r great. u just cant get slow with it, u lose speed u better off just punchin out early because ur not goin to last long.  Just take ur time learning it, dont get fustrated just try to learn from ur mistakes. 51d prob the fastest unperked plane out there(i dont count the jug because u have to get to 30k to see that speed, in ah thats preety much space) so stay fast and ull be ok.

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
Re: P-51D Mustang
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2006, 04:08:10 AM »
Originally posted by Wasara
I know that I'm talking about one of the icons of airwarfare WWII.Seems that my tactics with this beauty is totally wrong.Even with boom&zoom I can't get any scores.I know it has powerful R&R Merlin but all the same I have not progressed with it in H2H.

Any advices?

Use a 109 :aok
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
P-51D Mustang
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2006, 09:41:36 AM »
Originally posted by bkbandit
Yes, someone finally said it, i have been saying the guns r alittle weak for a while and everybody thinks im crazy.

I fly the f4u 90% of the time but certain situations i just need to get in the 51d.  The thing i love about it is most of the time u will be either faster or turn better then the nme. And the high speed turning is excellent. A high speed mustang is hard to follow, i have made spits break tryin to follow me in high g turns. And the thing is feakin fast in the dive. And the views r great. u just cant get slow with it, u lose speed u better off just punchin out early because ur not goin to last long.  Just take ur time learning it, dont get fustrated just try to learn from ur mistakes. 51d prob the fastest unperked plane out there(i dont count the jug because u have to get to 30k to see that speed, in ah thats preety much space) so stay fast and ull be ok.

Actually, it's more of an evolution of the game.
For those, who have not been around since AH the guns of the P51 are what they are and are fine.
For those who flew during some of the earlier years, they have changed dramatically. Many of the old folks complained to no avail. It is what it is so those who continue with the game have learned to live with it or fly other planes.

The good news is the Pony is still a nice flying plane and/or you have many other planes to chose from. Why do you think so many people fly around in La7's? :)

Hope this explains it a bit more.

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
P-51D Mustang
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2006, 11:22:43 AM »
ren,where you been? brick

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
P-51D Mustang
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2006, 11:31:16 AM »
Normally been up in the TA after 4pm-7 to 8pm days....

You? :)

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
P-51D Mustang
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2006, 08:16:09 AM »
i contacted my internet provider and found myproblem, they are going to fix it on thur. but i start every session in the t.a. haven't seen you in a while was hoping everything ok. see you in there .

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
P-51D Mustang
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2006, 09:04:24 AM »
Told ya it was yer provider. :) Hope they get it up and running for ya.

Offline HeLLcAt

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/xiZm04
P-51D Mustang
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2006, 11:18:58 AM »
Wasara I shot you an email about training if you're still interested.

Offline Wasara

• Zinc Member
P-51D Mustang
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2006, 12:37:22 PM »
I got that,Brad!

And thanks to you others guys too.Seems this thread'll live on.
Happy Trails!