Author Topic: runners  (Read 2374 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 10:18:35 AM »
Originally posted by icemaw
now just who is more stupid the guy that runs for a sector or the guy who chases him with little to no chance of catching him. coarse you can spend your 15 bucks anyway you like just like the runner does
I didnt call running stupid, although it is lame, pathetic, cowardly, lame..oh I already said that.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 10:41:53 AM »
No but he's calling you stupid :D

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
runners
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 10:43:27 AM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
I don't get why some people whine about the RunStang tactic...  You can't TnB in a 51, only idiots try to knife fight splits and LaLas in a Stang.

The Stang does certain things well, and people complain when 51 pilots use the strengths of the plane to fight, and don't get sucked into a situation where the 51 is at a disadvantage.

How stupid is that?

not stupid at all actually. despite what most think the pony is an excellent turnfighter. it cant climb or accelerate as fast as some, so you do need to watch the energy difference between yourself and the enemy, but if the auxilary fuel tank is drained in the pony it is a very stable and capable turnfighter.

come by the TA some time, i'll show you some things. pony can actually pull off moves that a spitfire can't dream of. all just practise with any plane really. anyway, a pony with 50% fuel and combat flaps shouldnt be underestimated. just because the majority of dweebish MA pilots fly them in an *energy conserving* way doesnt mean that everyone does:aok

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
runners
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 10:44:54 AM »
This is the same guys that runs from a fight and then waits till ya engage in another fight,,,,then comes back and cherry pics!!...You  know...like a guy named turn!!
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
runners
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 10:50:35 AM »
Why didn't you just put your plane into a tree, then you'd've found out who it was..... Oh..... Wait..... This is an SkyRock thread.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 10:53:23 AM by TinmanX »
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
runners
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 11:02:32 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril
They're not compaining about extension...its the failure to fight thats the point. Once he extended to, at most, 2.0, he had a choice. He could do a split S and remerge, nose to nose and immelman to start a real fight from there. Or, he could have run home.

When he refused a fight, but came back to go for the HO shot and a attempted pick, well, he ought to realize guys who like the fight arent gunna think much of it. Especially when the victim had sought out a disadvantged fight for a challenge.

And before you say it, yeah thats how they fought in world WAR two. This being a GAME, well, as the fighter guys like to say "Why not fight? Even if you die, you get a new plane!"

I guess I should have read the initial post more carefully.  Yeah I try not to run-run unless I'm out of ammo.  Going bingo in the middle of a fight is a real drag.

Some of you guys responding to my post are really beyond jerks.  Take a deep breath and try to get a little perspective before you flame.

Pooface I will look for you in the TA, can't say when I'll be there though, you know how it goes, family and all. Thanks.

I've been ok in the stang, my problem is realizing when the line has been crossed and I'm now fighting at a disadvantage.  With so many planes, sometimes you forget the other's strengths, and going in without an understanding of the adversaries' advantages, regardless of the pilot's skill, will get you killed most often.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
runners
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 11:12:29 AM »
I guess I should have read the initial post more carefully.  Yeah I try not to run-run unless I'm out of ammo.  Going bingo in the middle of a fight is a real drag.

Some of you guys responding to my post are really beyond jerks.  Take a deep breath and try to get a little perspective before you flame.

Pooface I will look for you in the TA, can't say when I'll be there though, you know how it goes, family and all. Thanks.

I've been ok in the stang, my problem is realizing when the line has been crossed and I'm now fighting at a disadvantage.  With so many planes, sometimes you forget the other's strengths, and going in without an understanding of the adversaries' advantages, regardless of the pilot's skill, will get you killed most often.

just ignore some of the tools:aok ;)

as for fighting at a disadvantage, dont back out of the fight, record what happens, and fight your way out. if you die watch the film, see what happened. fighting at a disadvantage and getting your arse handed to you for a while is, i find, the best way to learn advanced ACM's.

it can be hard at the beginning, and it isnt fun to lose a lot, but you cant learn if you cant lose. infact, some of my best AH moments have been going into a massive fight, 10 on 1 in a cruddy ride, at a huge disadvantage, and using that disadvantage as an aggressive tactic. you'd be surprised how many people in AH are so desperate for a kill that they forget all about tactics and intelligence, come swooping straight in for you, only for you to pull a nice slow barrel roll to avoid their BnZ attack, and nail them in the cockpit from 50 yards as they try to come up again:cool:

(did that to some poor 262 pilot last night in an f4f no less) :D

there are more advantages than just the 'i have more alt and speed than you' mentality. you can use slow speed to your advantage, it's just trial and error. like i said, record your fights, see what you did wrong, and change that thing the next time.

that's how i taught myself the rolling scissors, just trial and error, watching old films, using my views and such. i'll look for you in the TA:aok

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2006, 12:07:39 PM »
Originally posted by TinmanX
Why didn't you just put your plane into a tree, then you'd've found out who it was..... Oh..... Wait..... This is an SkyRock thread.
LMAO  I know who it was because I recorded it!  It was Coors!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2006, 12:24:20 PM »
Some of you guys responding to my post are really beyond jerks. Take a deep breath and try to get a little perspective before you flame.

We'll cmon now, you missread the post and come off as if you support the LAME style of fighting, then when you are called on it you get mad and call everyone jerks.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
runners
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2006, 12:28:18 PM »
Yeah, ya jerk.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 12:33:04 PM »
More crybabies.  Whaa you typed not nice words to me :cry  :rofl :lol :D

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
runners
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2006, 12:34:05 PM »
That was a joke.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 12:36:19 PM »
I know scotty, so was mine hence the :D

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
runners
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2006, 12:36:35 PM »
I don't get why some people whine about the RunStang tactic...  You can't TnB in a 51, only idiots try to knife fight splits and LaLas in a Stang.

How stupid is that?

You can't TNB in a P-51? accordig to AH you sure  can :D

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
runners
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2006, 12:40:58 PM »
Originally posted by Glasses
You can't TNB in a P-51? accordig to AH you sure  can :D

I've been corrected as above and will attend remedial P-51 classes with the honorable Pooface.