Author Topic: runners  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2006, 04:36:13 PM »
Originally posted by Pooface
just ignore some of the tools:aok ;)

...snip....

like i said, record your fights, see what you did wrong, and change that thing the next time.

that's how i taught myself the rolling scissors, just trial and error, watching old films, using my views and such. i'll look for you in the TA:aok

Another tip -- if I've just been owned by a non-jerk good stick, I'll often throw a salute then PM and ask what I did wrong. I get a lot from that, especially the subjective stuff I wouldnt pick up on my own -- like "you were too aggressive after the first merge, and when you burned the E you werent aggressive enough."

IIn my experience, almost all the guys who really know their stuff are very open to this appoach and respond helpfully. As I think about it, the most irritating MA'ers are the midrange wannabes out to prove something that isnt true about their skills....
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2006, 04:44:45 PM »
Originally posted by Spatula
Just love these "He wont fight the way i want him to fight" whines. Cracks me up. Some people aint going to play into your hands, deal with it...
I love it when people chase faster planes than the one they're in - really stupid! think about it, just for a couple of seconds think a little bit in to the future...

Wow, you have the IQ of a kitchen utinsel as well!  I actually only called this out because of the reasoning behind this particular running incident.  Many run because they don't know what to do.  I never post comments about noobs running because they probably don't really know what to do to stay alive when someone is "really" after their arse.  There are, on the other hand, some in this game who are vets and should have by now at least attempted to learn some counter acm's for situations when they don't have the advantage.  Instead they sink into a deep cauldron of lameness in the feeble attempt to keep their rank looking good.  While it is reasonable to "go through a period of learning" where timidness seems an option but in the concept of a "game" lets not waste time sightseeing virtual Trinity countryside, LETS FIGHT!  Just so you know I am not just picking on Coors, here is the rest of the A-list of lamers:

pacerr
sehob
Glasses
all 190D pilots hee hee jk
SHawk would make this list accept he will go to the DA to fight
any other A-list lamers that I'm missing?  Please feel free to add to the list of A-list score twit runners
next week we'll have the A-list of suicide idiot vulchers followed by A-list of camper dorks:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
runners
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2006, 05:59:07 PM »
Round it out with A-list of out of control egos:aok

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: runners
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2006, 06:34:05 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
  (hint: cold mtn spring water is used in the brewing):rolleyes:
Almost a decade and nothings changed :)

If you're making a list, there are a few Shills I can think of.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
runners
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2006, 07:21:23 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
The LA7.  Ive yet to see one approach and try to avoid a HO. They work for it above all else.

I second that.

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
runners
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »
Wow, you have the IQ of a kitchen utinsel as well!

Lets try and not get into personal slag-offs eh?
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
runners
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2006, 08:06:13 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Another tip -- if I've just been owned by a non-jerk good stick, I'll often throw a salute then PM and ask what I did wrong. I get a lot from that, especially the subjective stuff I wouldnt pick up on my own -- like "you were too aggressive after the first merge, and when you burned the E you werent aggressive enough."

Great suggestion, Simaril, I will try this.

- oldman

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2006, 08:44:18 PM »
Originally posted by Spatula
Lets try and not get into personal slag-offs eh?
Well the use of the word stupid seems to set the tone don't you think?:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
runners
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2006, 08:50:35 PM »
Originally posted by navajoboy
nice big brother defense.
i know coors kicked my butt a few times too....

I heard about that, 2 beers and then what happened. :aok
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
runners
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2006, 12:04:22 AM »
Well the use of the word stupid seems to set the tone don't you think?:aok

Im not calling anyone in particular stupid. It was more general than that.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
runners
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2006, 12:26:22 AM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
I second that.

Then you've never fought me.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
runners
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2006, 12:51:29 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Great suggestion, Simaril, I will try this.

- oldman

Is there anyone you have ever NOT saluted?  You are probably the only person I can honestly say I have NEVER seen lose their temper.  

:D

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2006, 02:15:14 AM »
Please feel free to add to the list of A-list score twit runners
next week we'll have the A-list of suicide idiot vulchers followed by A-list of camper dorks:aok
Strangely, those guys would make all three lists.  I guess if you're lame, you're lame in everything you do.

Oh, and Glasses isn't timid, he just shreaks and yells so much about uber allied fawk yeah flaps and flight models that he's too busy holding down the mic key or typing whines to fight.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2006, 03:25:33 AM »
I  HATE RUBNNERS@@#
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2006, 06:16:13 AM »
Originally posted by Stang
Strangely, those guys would make all three lists.  I guess if you're lame, you're lame in everything you do.

Oh, and Glasses isn't timid, he just shreaks and yells so much about uber allied fawk yeah flaps and flight models that he's too busy holding down the mic key or typing whines to fight.
LMAO, I know I just put his name in there to piss him off, undoubtedly it's real easy to do!  hee hee:D