Author Topic: runners  (Read 2372 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
runners
« on: May 15, 2006, 08:13:47 AM »
caught a pony cherry picking so I nose down to get lil more speed to merge withhim and came up bout 800 off his 6.  I followed this pony for a sector as he slowly out climbed and ran.  as he was 3.5 out I turned and broke off as we were well past his back base.  I started engaging some cons killed a yak and then as I looped back towards their base I noticed pony coming in with lots o smash.  I saw him coming in on me 12 but I was at to[p and had no E.  I tried to roll around HO but to no avail.  It was the same running pony.  The Ho had killed me eng so I glided slowly to earth as I wondered who this lame arse was that played it so cowardly.  Was it pacerr, no we on same team now.  Was it Sehob, no were on same team as well.  It was a rook which meant it could be many but the curiosity was killin me.  any guesses?    (hint: cold mtn spring water is used in the brewing):rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 08:22:30 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Those P51 mad L33t safe flying skills at it again.  What else could he do skyrock, he's in a WWII BnZ plane your not supposed to turn em.  Or wait he was out gas or bullets, or what were all the reasons people run...  LOLHROTFFPAOMS:rofl

Hurry every one get in here before someone cries "Oh not another runner thread. :cry "  LOLH
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 08:53:34 AM by mars01 »

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
runners
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 08:33:26 AM »
You caught me:D

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 08:41:10 AM »
Originally posted by mars01
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Those mad L33t safe flying skills at it again.  What else could he do skyrock, he's in a WWII BnZ plane your not supposed to turn em.  Or wait he was out gas or bullets, or what were all the reasons people run...  LOLHROTFFPAOMS:rofl

Hurry every one get in here before someone cries "Oh not another runner thread. :cry "  LOLH

At 3.5K out manuvers can be made to give you an advantage in an attack.  I guess maybe the guy had a phone call or something.  At any rate his attack on me was pretty lame as well coming in from the 12.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
runners
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 08:51:34 AM »
Everyone makes fun of la drivers....but I gotta tell ya, I can see why folks fly um......they get sick of chasing these type of guys all over the map....
   I myself like to fly the slow planes...after a while I gotta jump in LA cause people keep running from me!!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 08:54:33 AM by Kaw1000 »
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
runners
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 08:58:48 AM »
Usual tactics of most runners. They run until you get bored and turn away from them, then turn too and attack you from behind. They call that "playing smart" :lol In fact that only way they can get somebody's six :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 09:01:07 AM by Oleg »
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline oneace

• Zinc Member
runners
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 09:04:13 AM »
Was not me 03,maybe it was spook,

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
runners
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 09:05:38 AM »
LOL Paccer.

I watched him vulch a field, when he was finished VOLCHING! in teh LAY!7 he tucked tail and ran back to base. zFomvg.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
runners
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 09:53:36 AM »
I don't get why some people whine about the RunStang tactic...  You can't TnB in a 51, only idiots try to knife fight splits and LaLas in a Stang.

The Stang does certain things well, and people complain when 51 pilots use the strengths of the plane to fight, and don't get sucked into a situation where the 51 is at a disadvantage.

How stupid is that?

Offline Arcades057

• Copper Member
runners
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 09:57:49 AM »
I don't know why everyone complains about running like a scared woman from a fight only to get pounced from behind.  What's wrong with making my score bigger at the expense of gameplay and fun?  Wow, you guys act like this is a game!!1  THis is WAR!!!  I can't lose my Peepee-51!  

:aok

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
runners
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 10:07:48 AM »
now just who is more stupid the guy that runs for a sector or the guy who chases him with little to no chance of catching him. coarse you can spend your 15 bucks anyway you like just like the runner does
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
runners
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 10:08:34 AM »
There's a difference between flying to a plane's strengths and just plain chicken-chitness. Real BnZ is a completely different animal and contrary to opinion requires a lot more aggresiveness than running like a scared little girl and not turning to fight until the enemy gives up chasing you.

And don't you go blamin' the Rooks for that. I see it all the time with Bish and Nit ElGays, Doras and Runstangs (had a Nit 51 bounce me the other night from 5k above--I was already at 15k to avoid that same thing!--MISS, and run like hell all the way back to base rather than zoom up and reverse for another pass, even though he already had like 5000x's the E as me).
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 10:11:05 AM »
I don't get why some people whine about the RunStang tactic... You can't TnB in a 51, only idiots try to knife fight splits and LaLas in a Stang.
Many guys do and are successful in them without being timid little puzzies.

If you think that what skyrcok explained is tactics then you are confused.  Extending to max 2k and continuing the fight are tactics.  Running for a sector or more till the pursuer gets bored and turns, then coming back just to HO.  LAME, LAME, LAME.  And if that is how you fly, you are LAME.

now just who is more stupid the guy that runs for a sector or the guy who chases him with little to no chance of catching him. coarse you can spend your 15 bucks anyway you like just like the runner does

the guy that runs for a sector :aok
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 10:13:58 AM by mars01 »

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 10:15:25 AM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
I don't get why some people whine about the RunStang tactic...  You can't TnB in a 51, only idiots try to knife fight splits and LaLas in a Stang.

The Stang does certain things well, and people complain when 51 pilots use the strengths of the plane to fight, and don't get sucked into a situation where the 51 is at a disadvantage.

How stupid is that?

They're not compaining about extension...its the failure to fight thats the point. Once he extended to, at most, 2.0, he had a choice. He could do a split S and remerge, nose to nose and immelman to start a real fight from there. Or, he could have run home.

When he refused a fight, but came back to go for the HO shot and a attempted pick, well, he ought to realize guys who like the fight arent gunna think much of it. Especially when the victim had sought out a disadvantged fight for a challenge.

And before you say it, yeah thats how they fought in world WAR two. This being a GAME, well, as the fighter guys like to say "Why not fight? Even if you die, you get a new plane!"
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
runners
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 10:17:07 AM »
Originally posted by scottydawg

How stupid is that?
give me 3.5k seperation and 1500 feet above alt adv and I will kill the bogety on my 6!  That is lame u even trying to defend cowardly run tactics.