Author Topic: Yet another corrupt congressman gets nailed.  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Yet another corrupt congressman gets nailed.
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2006, 11:21:21 PM »
coupla ice cubes short of an abramoff.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2006, 11:36:16 PM »
No pressure or anything Hang, but whenever you're ready, I'd love to hear your take on Mark Warner, Wesley Clark, Bill Richardson, Al Gore and Russ Feingold.

Of course, they may be "puzzies", as far as you're concerned. I'm not sure how, but... I guess we'll just have to take your word on that?

And...... maybe they're corrupt?

I'm not sure how that is either....

But we'll only know after your thorough vetting system. I'm certainly waiting for the results of your investigation.

Spell it out.

Can anyone lend Hang a hand here? I'm sure he'd appreciate the help.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 11:40:13 PM by Nash »

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2006, 12:30:17 AM »
They're gun snatchin' baby killin democrats. And Gore is a loser.. how's his global warming crusade going, anyway?

Damn, now i gotta take a crap again. gawdamned feinsten fanclub liberal weenies chafe my bellybutton cheeks.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2006, 12:39:06 AM »
A cursory search of Richardson brings up the name Guy Riordan.Richardson appointed Riordan, who owns a commercial hunting ranch, to the state Gaming Commission. Riordan’s name came up in the federal corruption trial of former Treasurer Robert Vigil; Richardson promptly donated all previous contributions from Riordan to charity.

Then you have Gerald Peters who has majority ownership of Century Bank. The state Public Regulation Commission is considering changing a nearly $1 million-a-year contract with Century Bank because the bank is receiving a higher fee than allowed by state regulation. Peters is a "a significant campaign contributor to Gov. Bill Richardson".

There's also some concern that campaign contributions resulted in support for the "Railrunner" commuter railroad to the tune of about $300 million in governmental financing; it's projected to lose about $9 million the first year (90% loss).

Lastly, Richardson has "taken tens of thousands of dollars worth of free corporate jet flights from the world's largest smokeless-tobacco company in his role as head of the Democratic Governors Association. That company— UST, the parent corporation of the firm that makes Skoal, Copenhagen and other brands— lobbied hard at the New Mexico Legislature earlier this year for a tobacco-tax change that critics said would have exclusively benefited UST. The bill, sponsored by Richardson's chief legislative ally, House Speaker Ben Lujan, passed the House after a state financial impact report to lawmakers was drastically changed using UST's numbers."

Smoking gun? Nope.

A shining example.... maybe not. Might not want to put him on a pedestal just yet. Blankets start to unravel a few threads at a time.

Skuzzy may be right; just sayin'.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2006, 12:43:20 AM »
Gore? His "Chinese money laundering" goes back to his 1990 Senate race, before the '96 fiasco where about $50K was given by monks and nuns who had taken a vow of poverty, right?

Kinda makes Skuzzy look right; seems they all have a little "dirt" on their shoes.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2006, 12:43:27 AM »
Yeah reckoned as much.

I know yer only joking Hang....

But doesn't it say something to you when it's oh-so easy to blurt out some kind of..... nonsense...... in response to a simple question?

Democrats puzzies? Simple question.

How?

And Corrupt?

How?

That's all. Not hard. You got an answer?

Wanna ask me the same question about Republicans?

Wanna hear me talk about the 101st and Abrahmoff? I'll sure as hell have an answer for anyone with the patience to sit through it.

Don't call Democrats p*ssies unless you're serious.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2006, 12:47:11 AM »
I'd say that about anyone that supports excuses rather than accountability and responsibility.

Lots of those on both sides of the aisle anymore.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2006, 01:04:15 AM »
"both sides of the isle"..... garbage.

Clinton knew how to balance a budget. Okay?

This current party of "accountability" appearently doesn't know how to do that.

I'm so tired of this "both sides" crap.... because it isn't both sides.

If you read between the lines, the Republicans campaigned on a platform of "We don't know what the hell we are doing - but be afraid, be very afraid."

Ya know, it's crazy the kind of stuff y'all try to pawn off on us as just being reality, the way it was....

**** that.  It was goobly-guck then, and it's the same now.... and we didn't eat it then, and we sure as hell aren't eating it now.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 01:10:43 AM by Nash »

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2006, 05:09:54 AM »
Originally posted by ASTAC
Yeah..Mark Warner was Governor of Virginia..That should be enough to disqualify anybody....what a **** hole this place is.

Of course he did play the "bait and switch" with the "Car tax" here too.  but thats just normal politics.

I gave you my take on Mark Warner
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2006, 05:56:15 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
Yeah, 100%, I'll grant you that.

100% curiosity that Gunslinger is expressing it now.

Lets see....Where was that 100% determination when it has come to, oh, the dozens of Republicans booted from their jobs into probation or the pen?

Hypocrites are us.

Ahem

Nash I though you only came out of hiding when there was Republican blood in the water?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 06:22:37 AM by Gunslinger »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2006, 06:45:24 AM »
Thrawn, you are correct.  I should keep my mouth shut.  Every once in a while I try to test the waters.  In general, I so stay out of these things, but not always.  It is not good to allow your own mind to fester on internal topics which bother you.  So I do a reality check.

Eagler, the "high horse" comment was not directed at you.  It was a general comment.

Eagler, I see "term limits" as a bandaid.  It does not address the actual problem, but attempts to patch it up.  The problem with band-aids, is you can only have so many before they just wiil not stay in place any longer.
The real problem you want to address are the people who continually put the same people into office.  Forcing someone not to run only forces people to vote for somone who could be worse (and by the looks of things, that is getting to be a high percentage bet).

It has been said, time and time again, "an honest person (used to be man,..) could never win an election".  Truer words have never been spoken.  But why is it true (assuming you believe it, and I do)?  It's certainly not the fault of the people who run.  It all goes back to us.  The people who pull the lever and cast the vote.  We do not want honesty.  We want to be lied to.  We want to see the world through rose-colored glasses.  We want to pretend everything is hunky dory.

We also need a scapegoat.  Someone we can blame for the problems we have.  Hard to blame an honest person.  Easy to blame a corrupt, morally bankrupt, slime-ball.

Of course, there is another side of that coin.  The politician who just might try to make a difference.  Guess what?  He/She can't.  Why?  Well, all the rest of his/her compatriots will do everything they can to make sure the 'honest' guy/gal gets nowhere.  Thus, in the next election we will boot him/her out in favor of the crook.

We are led to the shearing like sheep.  Once stripped of our coat, we complain, but come next election, we will do it all over again.  We like the food they feed us.  It is easier to swallow, than changing to another brand/type of feed.  Baaaaaaa.  Hear me roar.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 06:47:59 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2006, 07:01:56 AM »
Hmm...

Since we're askin'....

Has anyone got anything on Mark Warner, Wesley Clark, Bill Richardson, Al Gore or Russ Feingold?

If anyone's got the dirt, it's gonna be somebody here.

So?

Their Democrats what more of a reason do you need? By nature Democrats are lying theiving weazels and should never be more than entertainers. Repubs aren't much better but at least you can trust them with your kids.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2006, 07:15:30 AM »
I wouldn't trust any of them with kids, mine or anyone elses.

I'm with skuzzy.  Mute, kick, and ban the whole lot of them.  Allow 20% chosen by their peers as "key leadership" to serve either a set extended period or indefinately (as long as they are re-elected that is), but boot the other 80% at 2 terms.  Any hint of corruption not dealt with by those who elected the corrupt ones, and the outgoing congressmen who have nothing to lose could give the corrupt ones in the extended term crew the big boot.

Maybe people would actually take part in politics if they thought it mattered, and with that much turnover it DEFINATELY would matter.  More people would get a chance to serve and try to make a difference.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2006, 07:51:05 AM »
[BClinton knew how to balance a budget. Okay?

[/B]

clinton never balanced any budget, the PROJECTED SURPLUS only happened after the republicans got control of congress, but the surplus never materialized, when the govt has extra money it wants to spend it. There is always some good project (pork) to spend the extra money on.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2006, 07:59:11 AM »
Yeah, 100%, I'll grant you that.

100% curiosity that Gunslinger is expressing it now.

Lets see....Where was that 100% determination when it has come to, oh, the dozens of Republicans booted from their jobs into probation or the pen?

Hypocrites are us.
Quote from: Ripsnort
Speaking of moral-values, or lack thereof...

William Jefferson Clinton- Impeached by the House of Representatives over allegations of perjury and obstruction of justice, but acquitted by the Senate. Scandals include Whitewater - Travelgate Gennifer Flowersgate - Filegate - Vince Fostergate - Whitewater Billing Recordsgate - Paula Jonesgate- Lincoln Bedroomgate - Donations from Convicted Drug and Weapons Dealersgate - Lippogate - Chinagate - The Lewinsky Affair - Perjury and Jobs for Lewinskygate - Kathleen Willeygate - Web Hubbell Prison Phone Callgate - Selling Military Technology to the Chinesegate - Jaunita Broaddrick Gate - Lootergate - Pardongate

Edward Moore Kennedy - Democrat - U. S. Senator from Massachusetts. Pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, after his car plunged off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island killing passenger Mary Jo Kopechne.

Barney Frank - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Massachusetts from 1981 to present. Admitted to having paid Stephen L. Gobie, a male prostitute, for sex and subsequently hiring Gobie as his personal assistant. Gobie used the congressman's Washington apartment for prostitution. A move to expel Frank from the House of Representatives failed and a motion to censure him failed.

DNC - The Federal Election Commission imposed $719,000 in fines against participants in the 1996 Democratic Party fundraising scandals involving contributions from China, Korea and other foreign sources. The Federal Election Commission said it decided to drop cases against contributors of more than $3 million in illegal DNC contributions because the respondents left the country or the corporations are defunct.

Sandy Berger - Democrat - National Security Advisor during the Clinton Administration. Berger became the focus of a criminal investigation after removing highly classified terrorism documents and handwritten notes from the National Archives during preparations for the Sept. 11 commission hearings.

Robert Torricelli - Democrat - Withdrew from the 2002 Senate race with less than 30 days before the election because of controversy over personal gifts he took from a major campaign donor and questions about campaign donations from 1996.

James McGreevey - Democrat - New Jersey Governor . Admitted to having a gay affair. Resigned after allegations of sexual harassment, rumors of being blackmailed on top of fundraising investigations and indictments.

Jesse Jackson - Democrat - Democratic candidate for President. Admitted to having an extramarital affair and fathering a illegitimate child.

Gary Condit - Democrat - US Democratic Congressman from California. Condit had an affair with an intern. Condit, covered up the affair and lied to police after she went missing. No charges were ever filed against Condit. Her remains were discovered in a Washington DC park..

Sowande Ajumoke Omokunde - Democrat - the son of newly elected U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore, was booked on charges of criminal damage to property for allegedly slashing tires on 20 vans and cars rented by the Republican Party for use in Election Day voter turnout efforts.

Daniel David Rostenkowski - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Illinois from 1959 to 1995. Indicted on 17 felony charges- pleaded guilty to two counts of misuse of public funds and sentenced to seventeen months in federal prison.

Melvin Jay Reynolds - U.S. Representative from Illinois from 1993 to 1995. Convicted on sexual misconduct and obstruction of justice charges and sentenced to five years in prison.

Charles Coles Diggs, Jr. - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Michigan from 1955 to 1980. Convicted on eleven counts of mail fraud and filing false payroll forms- sentenced to three years in prison.

George Rogers - Democrat - Massachusetts State House of Representatives from 1965 to 1970. M000ember of Massachusetts State Senate from 1975 to 1978. Convicted of bribery in 1978 and sentenced to two years in prison.

Don Siegelman - Democrat Governor Alabama - indicted in a bid-rigging scheme involving a maternity-care program. The charges accused Siegelmanand his former chief of staff of helping Tuscaloosa physician Phillip Bobo rig bids. Siegelman was accused of moving $550,000 from the state education budget to the State Fire College in Tuscaloosa so Bobo could use the money to pay off a competitor for a state contract for maternity care.

John Murtha, Jr. - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania. Implicated in the Abscam sting, in which FBI agents impersonating Arab businessmen offered bribes to political figures; Murtha was cited as an unindicted co-conspirator

- Democrat - U.S. Representative from Massachusetts from 1973 to 1997. The first openly gay member of Congress. Censured by the House of Representatives for having sexual relations with a teenage House page.

James C. Green - Democrat - North Carolina State House of Representatives from 1961 to 1977. Charged with accepting a bribe from an undercover FBI agent, but was acquitted. Convicted of tax evasion in 1997.

Frederick Richmond - Democrat - U.S. Representative from New York from 1975 to 1982. Arrested in Washington, D.C., in 1978 for soliciting sex from a minor and from an undercover police officer - pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor. Also - charged with tax evasion, marijuana possession, and improper payments to a federal employee - pleaded guilty.

Raymond Lederer - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania from 1977 to 1981. Implicated in the Abscam sting - convicted of bribery and sentenced to three years in prison and fined $20,000.

Harrison Arlington Williams, Jr. - Democrat - U.S. Senator from New Jersey from 1959 to 1970. Implicated in the Abscam sting. Allegedly accepted an 18% interest in a titanium mine. Convicted of nine counts of bribery, conspiracy, receiving an unlawful gratuity, conflict of interest, and interstate travel in aid of racketeering. Sentenced to three years in prison and fined $50,000.

Frank Thompson, Jr. - Democrat - U.S. Representative from New Jersey from 1955 to 1980. Implicated in the Abscam sting, convicted on bribery and conspiracy charges. Sentenced to three years in prison

Michael Joseph Myers - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania from 1976 to 1980. Implicated in the Abscam sting - convicted of bribery and conspiracy; sentenced to three years in prison and fined $20,000; expelled from the House of Representatives on October 2, 1980.

John Michael Murphy - Democrat - U.S. Representative from New York from 1963 to 1981. Implicated in the Abscam sting. Convicted of conspiracy, conflict of interest, and accepting an illegal gratuity. Sentenced to three years in prison and fined $20,000.

John Wilson Jenrette, Jr - Democrat - U.S. Representative from South Carolina from 1975 to 1980. Implicated in the Abscam sting. Convicted on bribery and conspiracy charges and sentenced to prison

Neil Goldschmidt - Democrat - Oregon governor. Admitted to having an illegal sexual relationship with a 14-year-old teenager while he was serving as Mayor of Portland.

Alcee Lamar Hastings - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Florida. Impeached and removed from office as federal judge in 1989 over bribery charges.

Marion Barry - Democrat - mayor of Washington, D.C., from 1979 to 1991 and again from 1995 to 1999. Convicted of cocaine possession after being caught on videotape smoking crack cocaine. Sentenced to six months in prison.

Mario Biaggi - Democrat - U.S. Representative from New York from 1969 to 1988. Indicted on federal charges that he had accepted bribes in return for influence on federal contracts.Convicted of obstructing justice and accepting illegal gratuities. Tried in 1988 on federal racketeering charges and convicted on 15 felony counts.

Lee Alexander - Democrat - Mayor of Syracuse, N.Y. from 1970 to 1985. Was indicted over a $1.5 million kickback scandal. Pleaded guilty to racketeering and tax evasion charges. Served six years in prison.

Bill Campbell - Democrat - Mayor of Atlanta. Indicted and charged with fraud over claims he accepted improper payments from contractors seeking city contracts.

Frank Ballance - Democrat - Congressman North Carolina. Pleaded guilty to one charge of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and money laundering related to mishandling of money by his charitable foundation.

Hazel O'Leary - Democrat - Secretary of Energy during the Clinton Administration - O'leary took trips all over the world as Secretary with as many 50 staff members and at times rented a plane, which was used by Madonna during her concert tours.

cont.