Author Topic: Yet another corrupt congressman gets nailed.  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Yet another corrupt congressman gets nailed.
« on: May 21, 2006, 04:26:32 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060521/ap_on_go_co/congressman_probe_7;_ylt=A9FJqa1P2nBE_SIAGBmGbToC;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

This crap is getting way outta hand and has been accepted for far too long.  Time to start locking these POS's up.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 04:45:12 PM »
I agree. Dead links are the worst. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 05:27:24 PM »
Looks like Cunningham will get a roommate.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 05:29:02 PM »
Let me guess...

It's Democrat, eh? No? Yes?

Because there must be some reason why, after the wave corruption scandals that have been (and continue to be) plaguing the Republicans whilst leaving you completely mute, you would choose just this moment to speak up about it.... no?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »
Are you talkin' to me? Are YOU talkin' to ME?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 05:35:59 PM »
No no.... Bodhi, and his new found outrage.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Re: Yet another corrupt congressman gets nailed.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 05:43:43 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060521/ap_on_go_co/congressman_probe_7;_ylt=A9FJqa1P2nBE_SIAGBmGbToC;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

This crap is getting way outta hand and has been accepted for far too long.  Time to start locking these POS's up.

Hi Bodhi.. the link is not working. Can't see who got nailed, what the charges were or what it's all about.. do you have another link or a name?

thanks!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 06:00:53 PM »
It's Jefferson, Democratic Congressman of Washington, for bribery, involving something to do with Nigeria (lol, if I get one more of those Nigerian scam emails I'm going to write to my local omnbudsman for redress).

At least I'm pretty sure....

Something tells me that Bodhi aint talking about Republicans Tobin, Reed, Cunningham, Abramoff, Libby, Delay, Fletcher, Lewis, Volz, and crap... where do I stop?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 06:07:46 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Something tells me that Bodhi aint talking about Republicans Tobin, Reed, Cunningham, Abramoff, Libby, Delay, Fletcher, Lewis, Volz, and crap... where do I stop?

how about right after "Something.." :)

Just another reason for term limits ... once they get in and get the power, one way or another, it is impossible to get them out

By the time they get through with their competition, the challengers own mothers don't vote for them ....
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 06:39:03 PM »
I would be careful getting up on that high horse.  The person you voted for is probably just as guilty of something.  The only difference is, she/he has not gotten caught yet.

Term limits will not help and will exacerbate the problems with corruption and politicians not doing anything (other than taking money).  Short term thinking never solves long term problems.

Who cares what party they are in.  By default, they are crooked.  They have to be in order to get where they are.  We just would not have it any other way.  We glorify the criminal.  We put them up on pedestals.  We idolize them.  We pay them large amounts of money for the rights to thier story.  We give them ungodly amounts of free press.  We put them on television so they can tell use thier sad tale.  We are entertained by them.

It must be true, as all the news channels make huge deals out of it.  There is a reason for it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 06:42:07 PM »
I never understood the infatuation some have with the "Godfather" trilogy or "The Sopranos" thang. *ShruG*

But then .... I do kinda like Jesse James and "The Young Guns."

Go figure.

Three Stooge slap the entire hill.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 06:46:06 PM »
Scuzzy, for someone that seems to believe that nothing can be done about the political situation anyways and that it's pointless to discuss it, you sure do post about it alot.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 06:48:59 PM »
He's a disgruntled optimist like me. It's easy to spot. :)

Offline Makarov9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org/
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 06:51:17 PM »
Being from the New Orleans area, I'm glad they finally nailed that corrupt SOB. He's had his hand in the pot for a long time. Catch em' all...either side of the aisle.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 06:53:35 PM by Makarov9 »

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 07:19:26 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Scuzzy, for someone that seems to believe that nothing can be done about the political situation anyways and that it's pointless to discuss it, you sure do post about it alot.

I kinda doubt anybody has written more letters, made more calls and harrased more crooks in brooks brothers suits. He's entitled to to be disgusted.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.