Author Topic: The Game is called Aces High  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
The Game is called Aces High
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 02:02:57 PM »
Originally posted by airbumba
so there you sit broken hearted,
you paid your dime , but no ferrets farted.

:D    ;)

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 02:06:12 PM »
Originally posted by TinmanX
I thought it was a poker game, I'm still a little disappointed.

LOL, you must have typed the wrong address in for your poker game..I think you meant to go to http://www.aceshigh.com    not flyaceshigh.com

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 02:51:44 PM »
"and all the people who do all kinds of dweeb stuff should be expelled from the MA."

I think so, I think AH should have a 3 month probation period for newbs to fly in and then they should have to pass some form of a basic flying test to get into the MA, nothing too difficult just the regular flight basics, and some basic acm's such as immel, split s, and high and low yo yo's. IMO a smaller more skilled community is better than 600 dweebs diving down from 25k in La7's or spit 16's with guns ablazing for the HO attempt. When I started playing over a year ago this game had on average 250-300 ppl in the MA at any given time. The game was by far better during that time in just about every aspect than it is now. It is  being flooded by the 12-15 year olds that accidentally switch there t.v.'s over to the military channel by mistake when they were tryin to click on MTV

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 03:03:22 PM »
Originally posted by Iceman24
"and all the people who do all kinds of dweeb stuff should be expelled from the MA."

I think so, I think AH should have a 3 month probation period for newbs to fly in and then they should have to pass some form of a basic flying test to get into the MA,

Would this be free in your proposal?

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 03:46:29 PM »
free ???  heck no !!!  nothing in life is free -  $29.99 for the test :D

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Re: The Game is called Aces High
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 04:37:15 PM »
Originally posted by wylieboy
You know lookin through the wish lists and stuff I have come to conclusion that most of you gentlemen have already come to.

Most probably play with GVs at times so most probably haven't drawn that conclusion.

I mean gv's are nice and all and they're fun to have battles in but the real purpose for this game is for the airplanes

The real purpose is to give a client an enjoyable gameing experience so they will pony up for a subscription.

so why are these people wanting to have new gvs and stuff. we should be askin for new airplanes and stuff that flys. well thats all

It's not like the B-29 and nook doesn't get requested a couple of times a week.

Don't forget the the stuff that flys also flys against Ground Vehicles only two of which have a real chance to down said aircraft.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 04:39:08 PM »

I think so, I think AH should have a 3 month probation period for newbs to fly in and then they should have to pass some form of a basic flying test to get into the MA, nothing too difficult just the regular flight basics, and some basic acm's such as immel, split s, and high and low yo yo's. IMO a smaller more skilled community is better than 600 dweebs diving down from 25k in La7's or spit 16's with guns ablazing for the HO attempt. When I started playing over a year ago this game had on average 250-300 ppl in the MA at any given time. The game was by far better during that time in just about every aspect than it is now. It is  being flooded by the 12-15 year olds that accidentally switch there t.v.'s over to the military channel by mistake when they were tryin to click on MTV

So you're saying you want to make it much easier for the noob's to kill you? I agree with that. :)

Ren
The Damned

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 04:41:21 PM »
"So you're saying you want to make it much easier for the noob's to kill you? I agree with that. "

ummm yeah, but correctly, and in a very less dweebish style :D

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 04:49:03 PM »
"So you're saying you want to make it much easier for the noob's to kill you? I agree with that. "

ummm yeah, but correctly, and in a very less dweebish style :D

Ah, ok.:) The secret is not letting them kill you in any style.

Here's an interesting concept (which goes completely againsts Boelcke's Dicata but might make it much more interesting for you)....here's the rule...

2. Always carry through an attack when you have started it.

Ok, now don't follow that rule. ISO of jumping right on his 6 let him get some angles and work for a shot. Then see of you can work your way out of it. It improves your ability to defend yourself and gives the noob a chance to get a shot off. It can be a great confidence builder for the both of you. :)

Of course, you might get surprised but some old vet who smokes you on his firing pass. :)

Ren
The Damned

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
Re: The Game is called Aces High
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 05:03:45 PM »
Originally posted by wylieboy
This game is suppose to be an aircraft game! not some gv game I mean gv's are nice and all and they're fun to have battles in but the real purpose for this game is for the airplanes so why are these people wanting to have new gvs and stuff. we should be askin for new airplanes and stuff that flys. well thats all

You said it yourself, "they're fun to have battles in" and that's probably a good enough reason. But allow me to suggest a line of reasoning you might not have considered yet...

You are correct about the airplanes, and the thing we shouldn't forget about the airplanes in WWII is that they didn't just fight each other. Infact fighting each other wasn't even their primary function. The main purpose of aircraft in WWII was bombing, both tactical and strategic and of course reconnaissance. Tactical bombing took the form of either close air support of ground troops, or battlefield interdiction and the strategic bombing was intended to destroy the means of production. Fighters were used in an ancillary role, both to prevent and support those missions, and to do that they had to fight each other. If there were no bombers and no reconnaissance, there would be no point in putting fighters in the air.  

Bombing was so important, that many fighters were adapted to ground attack, with the ability to carry bombs and rockets... and once you decide you want to fly that sort of mission, it wouldn't be much fun if you didn't have a nice assortment of GVs to kill, because for  anyone who enjoys ground attack, each type of vehicle presents a different challenge, so the more there are, and the more people who drive them, the more targets there will be, and the more fun will be had by all.

More variety in a game like this can only mean more fun for more people, and that's got to be good.

Hope that helps...

Badboy
The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline MINNOW

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 05:04:21 PM »

LMAO  Thats just what HTC should do... bite the hand that feeds

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 05:31:26 PM »
Originally posted by badhorse
Whether the orginal post was sarcasm or not, as a newb myself I appreciate your thoughts Simaril.  In my short time (just short of 2 months) on AHII I have met some wonderfully helpful people.  But there are a few that expect everyone to know everything. I spent hours offline and in the TA prior to going into the MA so that I would know the basics, but the learning curve is huge on this game.  Everytime I log on I learn something new. (usually a new way to get shot down!).

Your attitude is very refreshing and I thank you for it.

The gentlemen and few ladies in the game that are the ones you speak of helping newer players are usually not found in the BBS. Most of us are dweebs who come in here to complain and battle egos. I know of alot of great pilots in-game who changed my flying experience greatly and they are not found in here. They may not be the greatest but they are helpfull. The pilots found in here are also some of the best pilots in the game. Some of the best fighter pilots can be found currently posting in here. But most forms of help in here are heaped with sarcasm and other things we shall not speak of. Either way help for newer players is here, its just seems that the ones that are the loudest are the ones who'd rather not help.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 05:32:47 PM »
Thats a cool idea Ren, gonna try it out.   :)

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2006, 05:49:43 PM »
You what this game needs,

UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2006, 06:28:23 PM »
Originally posted by BlueJ1
But most forms of help in here are heaped with sarcasm and other things we shall not speak of. Either way help for newer players is here, its just seems that the ones that are the loudest are the ones who'd rather not help.

Generalizations based on opinion, and not experience or fact, are worth nothing.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech