Author Topic: Aaliyah dies in plane crash.  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Aaliyah dies in plane crash.
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2001, 04:58:00 PM »
Think it was Josef Stalin that said "One death is a tragedy, one million a statistic".  At least, if it wasn't him, I've heard it attributed to him.  

In America at least, having money and/or fame make you "special".  This is both good and bad.  In your life you will be harried relentlessly and singled out for behaviour that you and many of the "common rabble" share (i.e. adultery, drug habits, what have you).  However, in your death you will be remembered as something better than you probably actually were.  The only reason anyone even knows this plane crashed is because this artist was on board, had she not been there it wouldn't have even been news.

By the way, I have absolutely no idea who she was, never listened to R&B or blues.  Doesn't mean that those who mourn her passing have feelings that are any less valid than those who don't, though.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2001, 05:35:00 PM »
Welcome to our great community <Snicker>
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2001, 05:49:00 PM »
Rich bastard, deserved to die IMO

IMO, you also deserve to die, amazinhunk. And I do hope you die soon. Morons like you are in short supply around me though. I'm glad, or I'd be in jail already with many charges.

Yes she was rich. Yes, many people die in plane crashes but are not mourned. That is sad.

But to say that she DESERVED to die?
only because she was rich?
she was a black artist who had to work very hard for what she achieved. I believe you are envious. I believe that for that, you too deserve to die.

diddlying dork.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2001, 06:04:00 PM »
Nice troll, Russian. It worked.

Add Aaliyah to the list of young performers that we will not get to enjoy in the future...

Kevin Gilbert
Selena Quintanilla Perez
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Joey Calleja

The list goes on...

These people are not "special" but they had the ability to touch the lives of millions. It's sad.
sand

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2001, 06:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tuomio:
Rich bastard, deserved to die IMO. Every year hundreds of people die in plane crashes, sometimes somebody famous, but i dont care a jack as long as my relatives or i dont    :D

lol....wow! can't say i was expecting that one.

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2001, 06:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d:

Next time when someone you care about dies, do not forget to post here about it. Then we can all come in and say how we do not care.

miko

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: miko2d ]

I understand that 100%. The only thing that I'm saying how can you take it soo badly? If you mention her, say that other people were there too. Sorry for expresing my rights.

Dyraki, esli bi' oni c'hili v rossii, oni bi ponili o chom ya govoru  :(

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2001, 06:54:00 PM »
they understand you just fine, Russian. It's what you said that pissed people off.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2001, 07:06:00 PM »
So some rich broad dies.

Are we supposed to mpourn for someone we don't know or don't appreciate her works?

I don't think so. I mpourn more over the kids who've lost their father than some rich girl.

Too bad for her though; she had it all set up: money looks, career.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2001, 07:07:00 PM »
It is sad that no one mentions the 8 others.

But give me a good REASON why she DESERVED to die.

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2001, 07:15:00 PM »
Thats better, praise your anger so you can join the dark side my son.

Yes i deserve to die, but so do YOU.

ps. This whole thing was just, that nobody cares about those 8 others. If ive said, that they (8 others) deserved to die, you would prolly just said, "thats rude, roflmao". Hypocricy in its best. Animal, i give you 1 star for that.

Edit: I bet she had to work hard for her money..But if we look it mathematicly, not as hard as i have to. Point? She got more, i got less, i was jealous, but not anymore.

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: Tuomio ]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2001, 07:23:00 PM »
Actually Tuiomo... you only proved you are an ass.

I don't particularly care about any of the participants in the plane.  I'm not glad they died, I'm just not impacted.  Its sad to see a series of blatant mistakes cause a group of people's deaths.

What I do care about is someone citing that this person deserved it.  That makes you an ass.  I believe I am more than qualified in the ways of the bellybutton to know a brother when I see him.

Animal doesn't quite make the bellybutton level.  More like an armpit.  Not quite as stinky.. but still someplace you don't really wanna lick.

AKDejaVu

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2001, 07:40:00 PM »
We all have our own malfunctions. I bet you have one too deja. Does that make you an bellybutton too?

This (my post) arguing gets inflated. Tell you the truth that i didnt actually mean what i said, just wanted to see the reaction. I got what i wanted.

Edit: Animal, ofcourse i dont mean that rich people should die. It was just (bad) joke type of thing.

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: Tuomio ]

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2001, 07:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Animal:
But give me a good REASON why she DESERVED to die.

When did I said that animal?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2001, 08:28:00 PM »
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

— Captain A. G. Lamplugh, British Aviation Insurance Group, London. Circa early 1930's.

Whenever we talk about a pilot who has been killed in a flying accident, we should all keep one thing in mind. He called upon the sum of all his knowledge and made a judgment. He believed in it so strongly that he knowingly bet his life on it. That his judgment was faulty is a tragedy, not stupidity. Every instructor, supervisor, and contemporary who ever spoke to him had an opportunity to influence his judgment, so a little bit of all of us goes with every pilot we lose.

— author unknown
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2001, 10:02:00 PM »
ps. This whole thing was just, that nobody cares about those 8 others. If ive said, that they (8 others) deserved to die, you would prolly just said, "thats rude, roflmao". Hypocricy in its best. Animal, i give you 1 star for that.

LOL shows that you dont know me. Had you said all of them deserved to die, I would have been MUCH more angry. Now I realize that you are just a handsomehunk with a big mouth.

I dont give a diddly about this dumb rating system. Its only made for guys like you, find what others think of them important.

Hypocricy? LOL, seems like you try to know better about others than you know about youself pal.

I stand by my word: You are a moron.