Author Topic: Aaliyah dies in plane crash.  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Aaliyah dies in plane crash.
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2001, 02:00:00 AM »
So some rich broad dies.
Are we supposed to mpourn for someone we don't know or don't appreciate her works?

I don't think so. I mpourn more over the kids who've lost their father than some rich girl.

Too bad for her though; she had it all set up: money looks, career.

Santa your contradicting yourself with that last sentance.... Thats was djust the point i was trying to get trough, she was young had the looks had the money had the future, and then suddenly BOOM!

I´f you dont find this sad then i guess people really cant think outside their own big heads and they think they are the center of the world...

I did enjoy the music she made (and the movies she was in btw) but im not an real 'fan' of her, dont own her records etc but i still find it sad...

Of course its sad that the other 8 died, but i have no clue who even was in the AC with her... And it is an sad fact that this would not even been mentioned if she wasnt there.

Regards.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2001, 02:46:00 AM »
Hmm. It was sort of black humor said over a person which none of us know. Anything except what he read from papers or similar.

What i get is like ive said that same thing in the earlier post few days ago that "officer down, please take a moment". That would be wrong place to say such a thing. But here, no. Read the rest of my first message. I care about as much of those passengers as i do now when theres pop star named Aliyah with them. "bugger" is maybe the feeling that i feel over those. And im very sure that thats even better than rest of the world feels.

So, dont act like ive hurt you personally, because i didnt. If i somehow hurted your classy bellybutton saying normal joke that "rich people are scum of the earth", then fine. Animal is really acting like a kid, get over it.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2001, 02:49:00 AM »
Seems like you are backing out on your statement.

lol, you are so full of it, little man.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2001, 04:24:00 AM »
Edit: I bet she had to work hard for her money..But if we look it mathematicly, not as hard as i have to. Point? She got more, i got less, i was jealous, but not anymore.

By all means you have every right to try and do what she did, djust because you made an lousy choice in careers dont take it out on everybody else   :rolleyes:

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2001, 04:41:00 AM »
Animal: Yes im maybe full of it. But youre still amusing me. You are acting like i would be somehow responsible of her death, even IF i would think that she really deserved to die (which i dont, this was about third time i even heard that name and i bet she wasnt even rich compared to other pop artists). Yes im backing up from that statement, since so many didnt get it. My native language isnt english so sometimes my humour gets people even angry.

Maniac: Yes she very well had right to do what she did. Did i say otherwise? We didnt talk about careers, but who works hardest for his money, that can be calculated quite accurately you know, i give you the formula:
If somebody makes a million in year and i make 40,000 both doing same amount work in hours, who works most for x amount of bucks?

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2001, 06:13:00 AM »
I'm not acting like you are responsible. I'm acting like I'm pissed off at someone with a big jealous mouth. But of course, you woudlnt have said that in a bar in front of many people, or at the con in front of me if I was there. You are not responsible, you are just a moron.

My native language isnt english so sometimes my humour gets people even angry.

Hmmm.. you dont have to be great in english to understand that "DESERVED TO DIE" are big, straight forward words.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2001, 06:58:00 AM »
Not contradicting myself. Am saying it's too bad for her, but my Danish jantelag sort of says "serves that rich bastard right, who does she think she is?".

Of course this is not how I feel. Too bad for her and her loved ones, but really doesn't affect me at all.

You know about the jantelag maniac, yer Swedish  :)

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2001, 07:09:00 AM »
I wonder who was responsibe for overloading the plane. I'm sure it wasn't a voluntary decision of the pilot..

No idea who she is, movies or music. Thousands of people who don't deserve to die, do die everyday from all sorts fo accidents.
She asked for hers, sounds to me.

I don't understand why she should be mourned more then any of the 100s of people who died in car accidents or starvation around the world.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2001, 07:17:00 AM »
Maybe their last thoughts were "Hmm maybe we should listen that pilot next time and let they send some of our gears afterwards".

Too bad there's usually no "Next time" in aerial accidents.

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: Staga ]

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2001, 07:24:00 AM »
Aaliyah is with Allah.

May she rest in peace.

I’ve received some additional information about this incident from an “inside source”. It seems that the aircraft’s baggage wasn’t the only thing overweight.

Brace yourselves…

Aaliyah had gained six pounds over her summer tour. It seems that all those post concert binges of Ding Dongs and Twinkies did her in.

The weight gain coupled with the fact that she was nearing the mandatory retirement age of twenty-three was enough for the corporate powers to initiate her termination clause.

But don’t fret lads. There’s a replacement in the pipeline. She’ll be, you guessed it, cute, perky and have a tight little package.  ;)

Offline Guinn

• Zinc Member
      • http://work.sucks.lol
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2001, 07:27:00 AM »
You cannot choose to mourn, you just mourn the loss if that person was close to you.  I personnally would not come here and say that anyone deserved to die, because they are rich or whatever - this is called bad taste or bad manners, whichever you choose.

Death is not something that anyone deserves for any crime other than causing death intentionally IMHO.

Princess Diana was a well known person to die in an accident and it touched many, just because they dont know them in person doesnt mean you cant mourn.

Let these talk about someone who they felt deserved to be remembered, and dont dare tell them different in their own thread.

*thought of the day*
Chumps like these really exist?

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2001, 07:35:00 AM »
No idea who she is, movies or music. Thousands of people who don't deserve to die, do die everyday from all sorts fo accidents.
She asked for hers, sounds to me.

Well i certainly did enjoy her music
so that should be easy to understand, djust imagine one of your artists that you listen to go and dying and wont be able to put any records anymore.

You know about the jantelag maniac, yer Swedish

Well jealousy aint big in my family, i guess im raised more polish then Swedish  :)

But yes i certainly do know the jantelag very well by living here...

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2001, 07:36:00 AM »
*WHINE*
*WHINE*
*BLAHBLAHBLAH*
*YAHBAHWHINE*

..and always obey the captain who knows his plane maximum load better than you do.

AH community at it's best - aggressive arquing.

Let's just get back to topic, since those other 8 people has been already brought to attention with Aaliyah.

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: Fishu ]

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2001, 10:45:00 AM »
Originally posted by fd ski:
I wonder who was responsibe for overloading the plane. I'm sure it wasn't a voluntary decision of the pilot..

the pilot is ultimately responsible for the aircraft - if he knew it was overloaded and took off then he broke the code.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2001, 11:50:00 AM »
I think Alliyah did ask for it.

The pilot probably and most likely warned the passengers of overloading and I bet the Passengers also handed the pilot a few extra franklins to get them out of thier predicament. Just funny how People with wealth are not concerned with thier own well being.

Goes back to the dawn of Man.

Time=Money

I do feel sorry for Alliyah but i feel more sorry for the children who lost thier idol.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!