Author Topic: Aaliyah dies in plane crash.  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Aaliyah dies in plane crash.
« on: August 27, 2001, 07:24:00 AM »
Well i guess theres to many old farts here to give an damn but this is an great loss.

She was only 22 and had life going for here big time and then boom in an plane crash she dies suddenly.

Well live life to the outmost fullest guys, you certainly dont know when or where u will pass on...

Regards.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2001, 07:32:00 AM »
Who is Aaliyah?

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2001, 07:36:00 AM »
North-American female blues singer.
Edit: Added Link.

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: Staga ]

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2001, 07:51:00 AM »
Yes, it is a sad thing.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/27/aaliyah.death/index.html

"Gloria Knowles, who works for Abaco Air Ltd. at Marsh Harbour airport, said baggage handlers reported the plane was overloaded with suitcases.

She said the handlers and the plane's pilot complained about the heavy load but the passengers insisted on taking everything with them."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/2001-08-25-aaliyah.htm

She had finished making a music video and was bound for Miami on Saturday when her chartered twin-engine Cessna 402B crashed after takeoff at Marsh Harbour International Airport on Abaco Island. The craft, which apparently suffered engine failure, exploded on impact 200 feet beyond the runway."

It's sad that the baggage handlers didn't do their job.

It's sad that some passengers think the laws of physics and flight don't apply to aircraft in which THEY are traveling.

It's extremely sad that the pilot-in-command COMPLETELY failed to do his job on the baggage situation. (It's going to be a very easy and lucrative law suit, however.)

It's sad that Fate somehow knows when you are overgrossed and then picks that time to fail an engine on takeoff. It's almost as if someone or something malicious IS watching... and laughing.

It's sad that she and the other eight are gone. Really sad because this was most likely a "preventable" accident.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2001, 07:56:00 AM »
I don't understand one thing, why is everyone careing about her, what about other 8 people? I got into big fight with my girlfriend about this. How can you pay so much attantion to just one person when those "OTHERS" died just like her and no one said one word.   :mad:

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2001, 08:03:00 AM »
EDITED OUT.

Russian please dont hijack this thread, if you dont aprove to my post about Aaliya dying then please start your own.

Regards.

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: Maniac ]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2001, 08:52:00 AM »
Ahhhhh.... the gal from "Romeo must Die".

And Toad... I couldn't agree more.

And Russian... What's worse... someone being saddened because someone they are familiar with died in a plane crash or being pissed about the other 8 that died (whom you didn't even know).

AKDejaVu

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »
Rich bastard, deserved to die IMO. Every year hundreds of people die in plane crashes, sometimes somebody famous, but i dont care a jack as long as my relatives or i dont   :D

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2001, 10:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by Tuomio:
Rich bastard, deserved to die IMO. Every year hundreds of people die in plane crashes, sometimes somebody famous, but i dont care a jack as long as my relatives or i dont     :D

That is the most reasonable view. You are just not supposed to say it in public and expect any respect afterwards, at least in this country.
 It's called politeness and it only seems optional to stupid people.

miko

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: miko2d ]

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2001, 10:20:00 AM »
Originally posted by Tuomio:
Rich bastard, deserved to die IMO. Every year hundreds of people die in plane crashes, sometimes somebody famous, but i dont care a jack as long as my relatives or i dont    :D

This is how I feel too. Not part she deserved to die but the rest. And I’m not hijacking this thread. “Put your hands up, over your head. Get down on your knees. Don’t move!!!

;)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2001, 12:01:00 PM »
Tuomio and Russian are obviously 2 homosexuals with no music taste...

Regards.

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2001, 12:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac:
Tuomio and Russian are obviously 2 homosexuals with no music taste...

Regards.

Hmm, I state my opinion and get attacked. Isn't that nice. So becouse I don't bend over for music artist like many people do, I'm homesexual? Its a sad, sad  world when people care about entertainment so much. Go read a book, Maniac.
  :(  toejam happens, you don't have to cry about it.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2001, 01:06:00 PM »
Yeah, it's tragic.
Yeah it was preventable, but we can't go back and prevent it.
message for the future: I don't care how pretty she is, don't overload the plane.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2001, 02:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by Russian:
Hmm, I state my opinion and get attacked. Isn't that nice.

Next time when someone you care about dies, do not forget to post here about it. Then we can all come in and say how we do not care.

Obviously Maniac started this thread for people who do care about Aaliyah death and if you don't, nobody makes you come and post here.

miko

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: miko2d ]

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2001, 03:12:00 PM »
Wasn't familiar with her as much as I was her aunt, Gladys Knight.

Still sad when a young life is taken, no matter what his/her stature in life.