Author Topic: Force Feedback Issue (MS FF PPro 2)  (Read 1885 times)

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Force Feedback Issue (MS FF PPro 2)
« on: June 02, 2006, 08:55:24 AM »
Skuzzy,
I have a MS FF Precision Pro 2 that works correctly everywhere, except in AH2 V2.08...

When the update installed, the stick and switches were functioning properly, but there was no force.  I checked all my settings and it should have been working...  I then unplugged and reconnected my JStick USB while the game was up which got the force working, but then the remainder of the stick functions quit working...

I messed with it for about an hour before I got frustrated with it...  Suggestions?

Offline Lucchini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 12:07:43 PM »
Same here, force come late. For istance. after a 10 secs burst, or a long stall.
Please fix it.

TY
Lucchini

Offline Hyflyer81

• Zinc Member
      • http://geocities.com/hyflyer81
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 08:37:53 PM »
sidewinder 3dpro force feedback same problem no feedback on guns weapons stall buffet what else anyways good going hitech

Offline Hyflyer81

• Zinc Member
      • http://geocities.com/hyflyer81
Sidewinder force feed back doesnt work right
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 08:47:34 PM »
I dont have time for this bull watermelon paying money and cant get my stick to work first its duel core problem and now I cant fly with feed back!!! Looking for other sim to fly! Sheesh I'm soo pissed.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 06:31:14 AM »
There is a bug in the force feedback support, which effects various forces.  You should still be able to map all the commands/functions to the inputs of the stick.  If you are having issues with mapping functions, then we need to know.  Keep in mind, we can no longer obtain a MS stick of any kind.

The problem stemmed from a change MS did in DirectInput.  HT has already found it and the force feedback support should be corrected in the next update.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline eh

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 12:12:16 PM »
I have one of those sticks too, but I always used it with the force turned off in AH because it would quit at the top of the loop, leaving the stick floppy, so that was not an issue for me.

However, when the new upgrade came out, NONE of my FFPro 2 stick settings survived, and I had to program the stick from scratch and through trial and error, despite the existence of a help file and a post by hammer which really did clue me in to the basics. So don't give up; it can be done.

I learned a lot that way, so maybe I can help with the procedure. I know that if I had to do it all over again, it would take ten minutes now, not 4 hours.

Also, when you get it back to normal, go to the Settings folder in Aces High, and choose to display the files by type. You will find three .jsm files in there, and they seem to be your saved stick settings. They will open with Notepad, btw, so you might want to associate them with Notepad. I copied those files as backups in case another version or patch messes with my j/s settings again.

Good luck.

Offline Flism

• Zinc Member
FFB still problematic on new patch (MS FFB2)
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 03:24:50 PM »
Greetings,

Have just got onto AH with ver 2.08 patch 2, seems that this one further worsens FFB settings on my MS FF2. Have checked with a couple of other players, and they seem to have the same issue. Feedback has been totally disabled in game with the latest patch for us.

I saw this post on the issues before, and understand from reading the patch 2 list FFB support's getting fixed. not for me on FF2 unfortunately.

Last patch forces were still very much playable, none in tower but it kickstarts on the runway for me. Any help would be appreciated.

S!

Flism

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 04:16:46 PM »
Working on it.  There does seem to be an issue.

Any other FF (non-MS) stick users having this problem?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
NO FORCEFEEDBACK
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 04:37:17 PM »
I have the MS FF 2. worked fine untill 208.2 arrived. No feedback, no pressure, wont even center itself. If it cant be fixed, no me either.
Microsoft is the problem they say. If they cant get it fixed, not buying another stick, this one cost $100.
So if it cant be fixed, its been fun flying with you all < S >

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 04:39:46 PM »
We apologize for the bug, but we are working on it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 04:55:47 PM »
Keep checking this thread.

NOTE: You can disable forces and the stick will center and act like a regular stick for right now.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 04:59:49 PM »
I am having same problem with same stick. Will keep an eye on this post. Also tried turnign it off and its not wanting to center or keep tension. So I'm learning how to use it with no resistance at all.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 05:07:59 PM »
So when you disable the force feedback in the game it is not centering?  Odd.  The stick we have does.  When you plug the power into the stick, does it center?  Or does it flop around?  Not connected to the computer.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 05:36:29 PM »
Hello?

Looks like this is going to be a bugger.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Deth7

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.pigstompers.net
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 05:45:49 PM »
patch 2 msffpp2 stick still zero forces....
EA Still Blows...AOL Still Sux