Author Topic: Force Feedback Issue (MS FF PPro 2)  (Read 1893 times)

Offline eh

• Copper Member
Force Feedback Issue (MS FF PPro 2)
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2006, 12:21:41 PM »
Digr, you are right. This sort of thing did happen in Air Warrior. But exactly the same stick problems (but not restricted to any one type) happened with a forced upgrade to Warbirds about a year and a half ago. It took 3 weeks before all of the problems with all of the sticks could be solved, and I had to wait it out.

It isn't a symptom that Aces High is deteriorating. Consider all of the sticks that are out there, and the fact that our beloved FFPro sticks haven't been made for years, are unsupported, and that the software won't even install on some systems (64 bit) and so on, and it's a wonder that more upgrade problems don't get reported. Actually, it is high time we retired these old sticks. The only problem is, they are wonderful, but so was my 1987 Nissan which got retired this year. The fact that AH is working so hard to solve the problems which a tiny minority is having with ancient sticks testifies to the strength of the game and the dedication of the staff that is responsible for it, not to the game's deterioration.

eh?

Offline gw327th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2006, 12:31:37 PM »
mine is the green lite one.Still will not center.

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Patch 3 ??
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2006, 01:31:53 PM »
Originally posted by Swoop
Have you actually asked anyone or are you just whinging on general principle?

I dont whine on general principle for any reason. Matter of fact I dont whine. I just like to get what I pay for, thats a direct, not general principle

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2006, 01:33:31 PM »
Of course I called Texas, seems like a few dontlike it when someone complains about any problem. Im waiting to be told its my problem, like they always did in AW

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2006, 01:37:04 PM »
Originally posted by eh
Consider all of the sticks that are out there, and the fact that our beloved FFPro sticks haven't been made for years, are unsupported, and that the software won't even install on some systems (64 bit)
eh?

I dont ude a 64 bit system and every other game still works with this stick. It worked with patch 1 but patch 2 wiped it out

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2006, 01:38:40 PM »
Have you not read my posts Dig?  We have a potential fix, it is open to be used by anyone that wants to.  All you have to do is PM me.  If you do not want to use it, then that is ok.

Also note, we have never, ever said or inferred this was the users fault.  We do not do that.  We find the problem and fix it.  Blame games are for politicians, not game producers.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 01:41:21 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
4.0 software
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2006, 01:40:21 PM »
Mine came with 4.0 software disc

Offline Irwink!

• Nickel Member
      • http://msn.com
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2006, 01:47:09 PM »
Have just finished flying with the fix Skuzzy mentioned. It works as far as the auto-centering goes. That's all I ever used anyway. Have not tried effects for weapons fire, damage, buffet etc. I've enabled trim forces as per usual and it works. You don't seem to be able to adjust the degree of force as of yet but it's just a quick fix at this point and at least enables me to fly and provide target practice for the enemy.:D

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2006, 01:48:54 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Have you not read my posts Dig?  We have a potential fix, it is open to be used by anyone that wants to.  All you have to do is PM me.  If you do not want to use it, then that is ok.

Also note, we have never, ever said or inferred this was the users fault.  We do not do that.  We find the problem and fix it.  Blame games are for politicians, not game producers.

Tried every fix you and every one else posted, all a no go. I would be happy if it would just center untill it got fixed. But yet Still no change.
Also not saying HTC blames the user, but sure is sounding familiar.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2006, 02:01:32 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 02:19:55 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2006, 02:13:05 PM »
Ok Skuzzy, the patch works.  Everything works on it, self center, the gun forces, crash, etc.  I think the force output should be turned up some though.  I have it set at 100% for all forces and it seems alittle weaker then before.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2006, 02:17:21 PM »
Didn't want everyone grabbing it Swoop.  Things like this are optional for everyone.

Although, it is possible, this test fix will have to last you over the weekend.  We need a little recoup time to find out if any other pressing issues need to be addressed.
If that is decided, we will then post instructions and the link so anyone can grab it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2006, 02:19:11 PM »
See Rule #4

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
MS FF2 problem
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2006, 02:47:44 PM »
Bottom line is the problem didn't show up until Patch #2.  It appears that while MS has stopped making the FF2 , there are a lot of gamers that still have and use them.  Perhaps the problem is in Patch #2 and the patch sould be withdrawn until the issue with the game controlers is resolved.

Worked fine with patch #1.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline benytree

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2006, 02:49:18 PM »
umm...tell us the problem

whats wrong?