Author Topic: You can tell there are new flyers online...  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
You can tell there are new flyers online...
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2001, 10:29:00 AM »
Naw trim, if there is a way to look up sorties I haven't gotten it yet.  I suppose one way to generalize it is to look at the deaths column- that is the absolute LEAST number of sorties that could have been flown in the plane.  

And Deja is right, the P51 does appear to be getting more use than the LA7, which is rather interesting in my opinion.  Want my opinion of why?  Probably not, but I'll give it to you anyway.  The influx of population, combined with the P51's historical appeal (to Americans anyway), is getting the plane more use.  It will continue for maybe a month or two- 95% of the new P51 drivers will go over to the La7 or the N1K2.  Of course, that also depends on how many actually stick with one plane, instead of trying them all out.  

The N1K2 isn't doing that bad this month, but I'd be surprised if it broke 20k kills.  It might next tour when the new players hear its reputation and decide to fly it.  I think I've actually reached the point where I am not afraid to engage one.  I still do it on my terms only, if possible, but I no longer see it as some sort of super plane.  The Dora and the P51 (the two planes I've flown some this tour) really don't have anything to fear from that plane.  Now it is the LA7 that makes me quake in fear   :p.

It is sort of interesting to me how well I'm doing against N1K2's this tour- I think I'm around 10-1 vs them.

Oh, by the way- I personally can't tell who is a newbie and who is not merely by looking at the icons.  I have to actually fly against them for a few seconds to find out.  The N1K,N1K,N1K,N1K, spit, spit, spit, la7, la7 thing has been a pretty common breakdown for at least the past 3 months.  This past month or so I've been noticing a lot more diversity though, not as much of that.

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: Urchin ]

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2001, 10:42:00 AM »
Perhaps it's just time to perk the perk system nad do away with it. Don't worry about what someone else chooses to fly. They don't make you fly what they want you to fly so just let it go and play YOUR game.

Perking planes/veh's to limit play is just telling those who don't have time, skills (yet) or even care to amass the points to get the "super duper"(TM) planes that they can't enjoy the game as they want.

Play your game and forget about the other guys freedom of choice, lest you lose YOUR freedom of choice. Right Chog fans??????

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2001, 11:04:00 AM »
% of kills is easy to calculate.  I take it a step further and break it down to fighter vs fighter kills.  To be honest, I don't care what bomber pilots are seeing.

As a rule, things even out.  You can argue "kills/sortie" and "Kills/death" all day... but if you see alot of N1K2s flying, they will be getting a larger pecentage of the kills.

There simply isn't a way to calculate the manner in wich the kills and deaths occured.  N1K2s might be able to get multiple kills per sortie, but it is also one of the most commonly vulched planes (spawners) in the arena.  How do you factor that in?  An F4u-1C has the potential to vulch some 20 aircraft in a single sortie... how do you factor that in?  

The truth is, the numbers are so high that you don't really have to.  For ever experienced vet that gets 100 kills with no deaths in an aircraft, there are 20 people that went 0:5.  For ever vulch session, there is a weighted spawning/victim session to accompany it.  The only place where this factor is more prevelant is with lower usage planes... but then the low usage planes is not really why the numbers are being presented.

AKDejaVu

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2001, 11:23:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort:
VMF-323 fighter sweep (P47's)last night over A41:

N1k
N1k
N1k
Spit
Spit
Spit
LA7
LA7
Spit
N1k
N1k
N1k
....P38L (Was Drex, piece of him   :))

Translation :
I vulched the same dweeb sucker who attempted to take off 3 times in a row in a Niki, then 3 times in the Spit, then tried to take off from the FH in a LA7 2 times, then got back in a Niki from 3 various runway. He finally gave up and insulted me on chanel 1.
Ripsnort
 ;) hehehe

Olivier "Frenchy" Raunier

Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »
Wrong again, my silver tongued friend.  Co-alt fights, they were fun!  Especially when that P38 had alt adv. on me and I got pieces of him   ;)

We don't depend on alt like you, we depend on each other  ;)

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2001, 12:22:00 PM »
i have seen a lot more p38's and p51'a lately - a lot more and suddenly too - it's great! i have now gone from full fledged whining to just sorta muttering to myself.

it is still a n1k/spit/la7 arena by and large but at least one of those easymodes actually fought a lot in wwii and not just the last few months.

as long as people have an option like the n1k it'll be every 3rd plane you see like now - just like real life, people don't care HOW they win as long AS they win.

at least seeing all those 51's and 38's makes me think there are some enthusiasts around - got me smiling!  :)

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2001, 12:26:00 PM »
siple

give  bonus perk pionts  <2> if u fly dog planes like  202, 190 ,109, 51b p ,38, jug

coondition = use  75 % fuel and land   :D if dead  but fuel used more like 50 % = <0,5> perk

and dont wory they will go in batle

but still prefer the condition perks  for flying ultimate uber planes

exaple  only 109 F4, 109g6 ,190 a5   a8 perks

count to alove fly 262

people today dont have reason to fly plane what suxx  only some hardcore lovers fly p 38  205  ..... 190  

the rest will take ALWAYS the BEST plane  to colmate hiz ACM

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2001, 12:57:00 PM »
I disagree minus. Flying an "uber" plane, & I use that term loosely, does not mean one is inadequte at BCM.

The n1k turns well and accelerates like a demon, but overall is slow, so it has a weakness that a pilot has to overcome.

The La7 is fast OTD but has bad low speed handling and low ammo, so it has a weakness that a pilot has to compensate for.

The spit turns well & maintains energy very well but ummm, but....does the spit have a weakness?  :)

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2001, 01:13:00 PM »
darwin say something about evolution

:D

niki got the best canons in game

la7  so fast even pony is scared

spit  the most versatile plane in AH

spit can kill you at 1 k to 35K

the global restriction on those planes are always  just nr.1
niki speed slow when below you
la7 cant go high that tru but stil buzing at15 k and clips ? heh many plane got even lower ammo

spit u right damn nasty plane
   ;)
 yea  last thingy  when you buying a boxed game you play it first in easy mode until get bored  with game ? or use cheat codes ?  :D
or will try the most dificult level ?  :eek:

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: minus ]

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »
Just a few pixels again, eh Rip?   :p

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2001, 01:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Drex:
Just a few pixels again, eh Rip?    :p

LOL! Someone beat me to you, that was me draggin for squaddie last night.  Ya got big brass ones, Drex, once you got low, Taps started playing, knew it was a good pilot by the way you handled the P38.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2001, 03:35:00 PM »
We don't depend on alt like you, we depend on each other    ;)

RIP, I guess you didn't read the line on my sig   :D We have a French saying :"you don't teach the monkey how to make the face".
Sweeping in P47s using tactics and teamwork is not something you will teach to the 56th   :D   :D   :D We were already doing it in 1.05, when the Jug was a flying coffin and vastly inpopular.
But we would be very interested on Vids on how you de-ack a field. :D

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: SFRT - Frenchy ]
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2001, 03:35:00 PM »
If it was the same engagement I saw (Drex alone in his 38 in a cloud of probably 8-10 nme)... man I was was laughing my arse off! I hadn't really seen Drex fly before, but wow what a clinic. He made y'all look like fools.  :)

And Rip, a perk the niki thread?  :rolleyes:

Offline Tozza

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2001, 04:07:00 PM »
Rip,

It may massage your ego to list the 20 planes you shot down in 1 sortie but if I was to tell you I had a 13.5" noodle and balls of steel I bet you'd be lost for words.

Tozza

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2001, 07:30:00 PM »
Wrong again, my silver tongued friend.  Co-alt fights, they were fun!  Especially when that P38 had alt adv. on me and I got pieces of him    ;)

We don't depend on alt like you, we depend on each other   ;)

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]

Yikes!! that aint the Frenchy in the 56th FG. We always finding him on the deck...scrambling and turnfighting his D30 :)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011