Author Topic: Things that will and will not change.  (Read 3345 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Things that will and will not change.
« on: June 03, 2006, 10:53:26 AM »
1. We will be adding a mouse ativate toggle. This will be just like holding the left mouse button down. Press once mouse is live, press again mouse centers.

2. Clip board postions. Will be adding a feature that will save the clip board position for each location and save 2 postions for page open and page closed. Locations are tower/hanger/oclub/inflight.

3. Will be adding a double click button feature, so to map a joy stick button just double click the button and the function chooser window will open. I.E. just like double clicking the item in the list box.

4. There might still be issues with Force Feed back effects.

5. Debating on an auto mode select option that would chouse mode 2 for vehicles mode 1 for planes.

Things that will not change.

1. There will not be a map in the hangar. This is do to the fact that providing the map, the clip board takes up to much of the screen in the hangar with the swing page open.

2. You will not be able to map 2 functions to one button.

This is not a complete list, but only the ones I could think of at the moment.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 10:59:09 AM »
So no 12x50cals for the 38L huh?  one can dream i guess. :)
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 11:11:07 AM »
Hey HiTech, can we get the VOX window back in the tower? That was a nice little piece of info to have available when trying to get a mission organized. Before it was there all the time, now you have to open the comms window to see who is there and it cluters up the screen more, and you can't see the text at the bottom of the screen. I know you can move that but I tend to leave it at the bottom so it doesn't obscure my view while flying.

Thanks
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 11:25:50 AM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
Hey HiTech, can we get the VOX window back in the tower?

I second that request.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re: Things that will and will not change.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 11:28:39 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
1. We will be adding a mouse ativate toggle. This will be just like holding the left mouse button down. Press once mouse is live, press again mouse centers.

2. Clip board postions. Will be adding a feature that will save the clip board position for each location and save 2 postions for page open and page closed. Locations are tower/hanger/oclub/inflight.

3. Will be adding a double click button feature, so to map a joy stick button just double click the button and the function chooser window will open. I.E. just like double clicking the item in the list box.

4. There might still be issues with Force Feed back effects.

5. Debating on an auto mode select option that would chouse mode 2 for vehicles mode 1 for planes.

1. There will not be a map in the hangar. This is do to the fact that providing the map, the clip board takes up to much of the screen in the hangar with the swing page open.

Thanks a lot for the update! >>S<<
21 is only half the truth.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 11:29:24 AM »

How about a toggle for this under Flight options, say, in the same menu as tracers/combat trim/etc ?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 11:33:30 AM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
Hey HiTech, can we get the VOX window back in the tower? That was a nice little piece of info to have available when trying to get a mission organized. Before it was there all the time, now you have to open the comms window to see who is there and it cluters up the screen more, and you can't see the text at the bottom of the screen. I know you can move that but I tend to leave it at the bottom so it doesn't obscure my view while flying.

Thanks

I'm another one for having this back in the tower.  A lot easier to account for everyone in missions.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Casper1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 11:38:13 AM »
agreed - need the tower vox window back.

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 11:41:34 AM »
Thank you for the support for us mouses.:aok

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 12:03:25 PM »

Umm which direction was that base I wanted to spawn into? :O :huh :huh
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 12:05:27 PM »

Seems like a step backwards IMO.

We used to be able to go transparently from GV to fiter to jabo to buff using same buttons for toggling weapons etc.

Now we need multiple buttons or modes, thought the idea would be to rationalise things, not make things even more convoluted/complicated.

Just a thought.

As an aside - Overall throughout my 5 years or so in AH it has been a good quality game, but this patch though has caused nothing but chaos.
Most of the bugs were already known from the beta (mission planner etc), yet here we are 'full release' with very similar if not identical bugs.
I have no doubt they'll get fixed sometime, but just seems odd.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 12:14:42 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 12:27:18 PM »
Vox box back defentally ...
 or at least a toggle command for it please ....Beg beg beg .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 01:57:02 PM »
"1. We will be adding a mouse ativate toggle. This will be just like holding the left mouse button down. Press once mouse is live, press again mouse centers."

Thank gwad ! :aok

Hitech are you going to set this button to the right mouse side like it was before.

Or are you going to set it to keyboard ? < prefer this one.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 02:07:21 PM »

Is there a way to control the pop-up speed on the clipboard? If not, and since you're working on that code anyway, could you add one? Especially for missions where you're popping your map up a lot to keep track of everything this would be helpful.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 02:11:55 PM »
I would like to see the vox back as well....I dont understand why it was taken away to begin with???

Okay, im not really understanding what HTC meant about not being able to map 1 button with two functions....Does that mean that the trigger on my joystick can no longer act as fire primary weapon in aircraft, and fire guns in my tank?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group