Author Topic: Ram model needs changing  (Read 5039 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2006, 01:12:13 PM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
Actually if a collision is registered on both FEs it involves 4 planes but I'm not going to explain it.

No need to explain it. If for example there are 5 planes in a dogfight including mine. I effectively have 5 planes of me. One on my FE and one on each of the other 4 FE's. None of them are in the exact same place in the exact same time frame.

I did explain what I meant by the post you quoted in another post. ;)

I understand all of this Clifra. There just has to be a better way is all I'm trying to say. That better way just hasnt been found yet.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2006, 01:17:50 PM »
Originally posted by JMFJ
I did state that when I collided I felt like it was my own fault, no need to continue that angle we agree.  Anytime I collide whether I die or they do I still know it was my own damn fault for getting that close to the plane or involving myself in a ho in the first place.

Agreed, drop the "it's your fault" stuff already, that is NOT what we are discussing here.

Cliff, please explain how a HO mutual collision (the screenshot I posted) with a combined ramming speed of ~800mph would not be catastrophic. I understand two planes traveling in the same direction, one rolling for an overshoot could have non-catastrophic damage applied. But in those instances it is not seen or registered as a mutual collision, only the HO does that and the speed differential would be catasrophic to aluminum airframes or human occupants.

Also, if his engine hit both of my horizontals and my rudder how was my fuse not impacted or either of his wings? I'm not being snide I'm confused by what his FE reported. Since his engine is what was damaged it must have been applied by my FE, so if any part of my plane hit his spinner that reciprocating damage would have been applied by my FE? Okay...NOW I am getting a headache...can my FE apply damage to my plane based upon what it "sees"?

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2006, 01:37:02 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
IntardNet 101 technique don't fly well in this BBS. The "I wasn't speaking about anyone specific" backpeddle is a 10 yard penalty. Play on.

I wish to challenge that flag/penalty call.  I didn't want to point fingers at specific people cause I didn't want to change the topic of the thread.  If I did we would be arguing about that rather than "constructively" discussing what we are now.

Silmaril

Sorry for the different emotions in my post I'm bi-polar, hehehe.

JMFJ

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2006, 01:43:30 PM »
OT: bi-polar?  Is that like a frigid lesbian or a gay polar bear? :D
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2006, 01:47:50 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
:lol

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: JMFJ doesnt get it and thinks he does
« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2006, 01:55:44 PM »
I don't think I ever stated I had a full grasp of the software of this product.

Keep in mind i'm not trying to suggest software capabilities, what is or is not.  I'm suggesting outcome concepts, i'm just saying if the truth of the matter is when collisions occur it is usually mass damage to both parties involved so why not in the game.

If something can't be implemented to be a fair/logical outcome, then it would be better if it was never implemented at all.  If plane location is random computer to computer it seems that the collision model no matter how it is set up will be based on chaos theory.  So maybe it would be best to be removed until something that was more predictable was in place.

Besides it's rare to have a collision, more times than not it usually involves me participating in a head on balls to the wall guns blazin HO, or when I come in with way to much E on a set of bombers and don't pull out in time.  I've only had it happen once in a turnfight of which case I died, and herblife lived.

Question:  If your plane isn't where my computer says it is, should my bullets also not do damage?  Seems that would also be in the same realm of debate.  Whether it's my plane hitting your plane, or my bullets hitting your plane.  If your not really there, well it probably shouldn't do any damage.

JMFJ

You obviously dont understand what you are suggesting would work to everyones disadvantage. If you dont ram a plane you wont get hurt except by bullets. It really is that simple. What you are asking for is no collisions which would bring out goofier flying than we have now and its already very goofy. Id rather that the goofiest guys get pointed out with little white messages like we have now. In the rare instances where good sticks ram someone you just have to shrug and admit he couldnt have meant to do that and move on. Just think of a jeep inside your tiger and then supplant gvs for planes and youll get the idea. No thanks.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2006, 01:59:35 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy

see rule #................... hehehehe

Comon now skuzzy I have important emails you're suppose to be answering.

JMFJ

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #172 on: June 07, 2006, 02:06:58 PM »
I wish to challenge that flag/penalty call. I didn't want to point fingers at specific people cause I didn't want to change the topic of the thread.

There would be no flag/penalty if you had just left the below out of your post. No you did not name specific people, but your insinuation was pointing the finger at anyone who had been actively participating in this thread prior to your contribution and could have resulted in changing the topic of the thread sans names.

Bottom line ... it was uneeded.

It would be nice if peoples suggestions wouldn't be caked with personal gain incentives, most suggestions seem to be full of things that benefit that particular players abilities or lack there of.

Oppinions should not come out of both sides of your mouth. Supporting realism when it's a change in your favor, but not supporting it when it's not in your favor.

I'M NOT POINTING AT YOU SIMARIL, just noting some of these players posts sit on both sides of the fence, depending on whether they gain an advantage by the change or not.

JMFJ
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2006, 02:11:27 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
I wish to challenge that flag/penalty call. I didn't want to point fingers at specific people cause I didn't want to change the topic of the thread.

There would be no flag/penalty if you had just left the below out of your post. No you did not name specific people, but your insinuation was pointing the finger at anyone who had been actively participating in this thread prior to your contribution and could have resulted in changing the topic of the thread sans names.

Bottom line ... it was uneeded.

LOL:rofl

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2006, 03:11:24 PM »
Play stands as called on the field.

JMFJ is charged with a time-out.

4th and 20.

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2006, 03:32:20 PM »
JMFJ<------ in the huddle.

Okay guys we're gonna go for a fake punt. hehehehe

Go long cause uncle rico's got a gun.

JMFJ

Offline AKWarp

• Copper Member
      • http://10mbfree.com/edlance/
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2006, 04:31:20 PM »
I've been with AH since it's inception.  In all that time I have "won" a collision exactly twice.

I have NEVER witnessed huge space differences between aircraft during any collision, regardless of who collided with whom (theoretically, this would show depending on how the FE registers which person hit which).

Any change to the model, be it to turn off collisions completely, or have both aircraft die would be a boon for me and I'm all for it.  At least this way, I either don't die because someone rams me, or he dies as well.  I'm sick of "my" FE seeing something everyone else's apparently doesn't, especially when it wasn't me doing the ramming.

Turn it off, or have both aircraft take damage any time a collision is registered, regardless of which FE sees it.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2006, 06:44:05 PM »
You don't "win" collisions. If you fly into another players plane, you take damage. If you don't, you don't take damage. If another player flies his plane into you, he takes damage. If he doesn't, he doesn't take damage.

If you didn't ram, and took damage, you were shot. There is no ramming without taking damage, and there is no taking damage from being rammed.

If anyone knows more about the collision model code than HT, I urge you to step forward and set him straight. Otherwise, this is how it works, and I suggest you accept it, even if you don't understand it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 06:46:56 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline viator

• Zinc Member
my opinion
« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2006, 04:35:11 PM »
to my opinion it is right who affirm:
1) the position in the space  is given by famous Cartesian coordinates on the plain X,Y more in the space Z.//
2( to the Cartesian coordinates  we have to add factor time T that moves the point according to a speed V
3( the point of meeting of the players is the site of the server which he has rented a certain bandwidth to allow JxN players to frequent the site./
4) the speed of the packets (IP) is not equal for all (ping) therefore if a p-layer fas a tallping her pc elaborates  the frame 1/1bis/1tris..exc. while what has lower elaborates  the frame 1-2-3 ..exc.-(to parity of pc).-
Everything this us traslated in differente position in the space therefore when you have in the gunsight the target if you are not lined up on the same straight line you shoot in the void.-
The phenomenon is underlined when you shoot in defection.- The slowest will have to anticipate the hit  of very comparison to the fastest to center the target.-( I alwais write of speed of ping).-
This also explain because the collisio happenthat is the player sees the target where in effects is not.-- We are writing of thousanths of seconds that transated: (VxT) - (VxT)= quite a lot space if we consider the high speeds of the targets.-
Excuse my bad English.- Ciao from Viator.-

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Ram model needs changing
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2006, 06:02:16 PM »
I had an interesting experience last night. Bishops rooks and knights were all fighting over A5 and there were a lot of planes in the area. While I was diving through a huge horde to clear my wingman I see a P38 in a ninety degree bank and coming at me. I pulled up briefly and got the message XXXXXXX has collided with you. Sure enough the P38 falls in pieces I am not damaged and I get no kill (I didnt shoot him).

I think its working as expected.:aok
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:08:36 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.