Author Topic: New Patch...  (Read 179 times)

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
New Patch...
« on: June 04, 2006, 07:09:44 AM »
been away for a little bit, so just DL'd the new version today. i see a lot of people complaining about it, but personally, i havent noticed any performance issues, infact, it may have got better.

now of course, i dont fly with the mouse, so i dont know, but i think the way it was before was fine. however if HT has other plans for it it may be best to leave it as it is now.

i think the user interface is really great, im sure it will save much confusion for new players, and although the layout feels quite odd now, with some getting used to, i reckon it'll run more easily and smooth the whole playing experience.

i also like the mission editor, cool beans! :)

all in all, well done HT, it's a job well done

there are small problems sure, but they will be fixed im sure.

hangar and convergence layout is easier too, i like it!:aok

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
New Patch...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 07:48:51 AM »
I agree with you Poo that the interface will make playing Aces High easier for new players.

Some bugs to work out and some new procedures to old matters to become accutomed.  I used the mission planner extensively on Saturday the 5th and it generally worked well once I did things its way.  There were upon occasion some bugs that did not allow me to select certain planes.

They'll gnaw it out.

hap

Offline paulobrien6969

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/rafspitfires/index.htm
New Patch...
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 07:51:30 AM »
hanger layout is much improved
was sometimes a struggle

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
New Patch...
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 08:00:31 AM »
Originally posted by paulobrien6969
hanger layout is much improved
was sometimes a struggle

yeah. i remember the radio box getting in the way of some of the ord layouts, so you had to pan the view and look to the right so you could click on the bombs or droptanks. much easier now. convergence distance doesnt go through the wall now either :lol