Author Topic: Iran pulled the "no oil" card..  (Read 532 times)

Offline LLv34 Jarsci

• Nickel Member
Iran pulled the "no oil" card..
« on: June 04, 2006, 04:39:54 PM »
Well they finally did it. Officially claimed that current situation may stop oil export...

Well, I don´t believe it goes to that,  they need the money as much as everyone, but here is a good opportunity to make fast money for oil industry and refineries, again..

Tomorrow petrol prices will bump up 10% at gas stations all over the world , just for this threat, and when all is solved the prices will drop initially 5% and rest...well... never?

And later this year Exxon, Shell and other big companies report record profits...

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 04:55:37 PM »
I like to ride my bicycle.......
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 05:05:22 PM »
Everytime Iran says something stupid it's billions$$ in Muslim coffers.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 05:30:57 PM »
Refer to my 'Is this the answer???' thread for an interesting potential solution to all these problems.

Oh how I would love to see all those countries sink into a deep, dark economic depression.

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 06:59:13 PM »
Why is it that whenever ANYBODY says ANYTHING baout oil, gas, oil companies, cars, planes, trains, suv's, bycicles, or the NSE, the price of gas goes up? And why is it that the oil companies can make 4,000,000 a quarter, and I can barely make 18,000 a year

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 07:11:34 PM »
They are pretty reliant on oil sales....sure, we'd see a spike in prices, thanks to the futures market...but they are slicing their own financial throat.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 07:50:34 PM »
Not to change the subject, but I thought Iraq was about oil? How come we've (USA) yet to reap those benefits of unlimited oil at cheap prices?

Offline mentalguy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 08:31:52 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Not to change the subject, but I thought Iraq was about oil? How come we've (USA) yet to reap those benefits of unlimited oil at cheap prices?

Because Iraq wasn't about oil?:huh
PFC. Corey "Mentalguy" Gibson
USMC

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 08:32:29 PM »
Well oil will be even cheaper after we invade Iran...won't it?

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 08:41:19 PM »
I think its time to revive the Neutron Bomb
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 08:42:19 PM »

slowly Rip,
petrodollar versus petroeuro

International buyers will have a choice of buying a barrel of oil for $50 dollars on the NYMEX and IPE - or purchase a barrel of oil for €37 - €40 euros via the Iranian Bourse. This assumes the euro maintains its current 20-25% appreciated value relative to the dollar - and assumes that some sort of "intervention" is not undertaken against Iran. The upcoming bourse will introduce petrodollar versus petroeuro currency hedging, and fundamentally new dynamics to the biggest market in the world - global oil and gas trades.

anybody oil?
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline AlGorithm

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 12:02:23 AM »
Ripsnort wrote;

Nobody ever said Iraq was about getting cheap oil to the consumer. As Exxon's filings will show, this war sure has been great for the big oil businesses.

It is, was and will continue to be about oil . Right now, it's about oil on the battlefield. If Iran does shut down the Gulf (which they can do for a finite period of time). Iraq's oil will be running the land based assets we deploy against Iran.

Iran is in a position to control the gulf. That would mean no exports from Saudi, Kuwait, Iraq, Iran, Qatar, Bahrain etc., cutting gross US imports by about 30%. We couldn't run a war and keep the domestic economy running for long without that oil.

Controlling (somewhat) Iraq provides not only a strategic base for operations against Iran and Syria, but also a supply of oil close to the battlefield.

If we can keep the Shia population from blowing it up...

On a side note... I noticed a local gas station chain here increased their prices by 10 cents a gallon in the late morning of 9/11/01. Retail gas prices have never been back to the level they were since.

But it's still not about oil, right?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 08:37:23 AM »
don't forget that the government makes big money on gas at the pumps.... their profits increase much more than the oil companies... the sales tax revenue for instance is way up...  where the oil companies make about 9 cents a gallon in profit our federl, state and local government are up to over 50 cents a gallon profit... for no investment.

dmf... if you are concerned about the cost then you should be shouting to slow the massive profits the govenment makes on fuel.

lazs

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 08:43:57 AM »

That's funny, the country was told it was about WMD's.

Maybe it should have been about oil, at least this Admin. could find that.

Offline LLv34 Jarsci

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 09:01:22 AM »
I was wrong, prices jumped "only" 5% today , caused by Iran´s threat to stop selling oil.

Here in Finland petrol prices have set sums of taxes, not percentage of value except 22% vat. But consumers stop buying fuel if prices go too high and use other means of transportation or just stop travelling so much. Well in overall it would be better for everyones health to use bike..

This way government does lose money, sales go down-->taxes go down.