Author Topic: Winter Map W/ Skins  (Read 5400 times)

Offline HeLLcAt

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/xiZm04
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 02:38:25 AM »
I want this map now. It reminds me of the summertime in Ohio! It snows in May here in Cleveland, THE BEST city ever though!

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 04:56:07 AM »
Amazing how 1 tile I posted ages ago circulates. :D
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 05:30:05 AM »
Toadkill, try the link again. It worked fine for me when I just tried it.  As for the tile, it's not from anything to do w/ AH.  It came from a site that has a bunch of seamless tiles for website backgrounds.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Bogie603rd

• Silver Member
      • http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »
Invalid download link.

Powered by flatFileHost

oh and... the tile. If I save it as an 8 bit bitmap. Will I also get the small hills so GV's can hide behind them?
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare:
http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com
Join our TeamSpeak server, Click Here.

New forum ID: Denholm

Offline toadkill

• Nickel Member
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 11:16:30 AM »
<S>
Toad

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 03:00:16 PM »
I'll try another host for the file.  If you want the hills & no trees, rename the bmp to terr0004 or terr0006 in your texscr file.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline benytree

• Copper Member
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 04:04:17 PM »
Ranger, why arent you hosting anymore?

Offline Bogie603rd

• Silver Member
      • http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 06:33:59 PM »
Originally posted by USRanger
I'll try another host for the file.  If you want the hills & no trees, rename the bmp to terr0004 or terr0006 in your texscr file.

Well I want the trees. But I want to know if I save the file as an 8bit bitmap image. And I place the file in my texsrc folder. Will the hills and trees appear on the tile? Or do I have to place those manually?
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare:
http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com
Join our TeamSpeak server, Click Here.

New forum ID: Denholm

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 05:42:09 AM »
Originally posted by USRanger
Toadkill, try the link again. It worked fine for me when I just tried it.  As for the tile, it's not from anything to do w/ AH.  It came from a site that has a bunch of seamless tiles for website backgrounds.
Interesting since that tile is a part of experimental tiles I made a long time ago. Not that I care, it's just interesting.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 09:11:51 AM »
It sounds like someone lifted your whole set NHawk but most of the stuff on the net is copied and recopied from someone else's work.  You'd at least appreciate an acknowledgement if not an at-a-boy when you catch someone using your stuff.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006, 12:19:06 PM »
Nah, I'm sure I posted it in a few places. And if I posted it on the web, so far as I'm concerned it's fair game.

There's only been on thing that was publicly available that I ever cared about. And that only took a single cease and desist letter for them to stop using it. Ticked off about 5000 people on AOL, but they stopped using it. :aok

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2006, 03:22:55 PM »
NHawk, if you made the tile, it's very nice & I'm sorry if it's out on the web.  I'd never "steal" another players work on purpose.  I'm a very honorable person.  So as for you Easyscor, I don't need any lessons about manners & courtesy from some compu-dweeb.  I've had plenty of training in those areas, thank you very much.  I don't need some yay-hoo in some cubicle telling me when to say thank you.  NHawk,  if you posted it way back THANKS! (Better dweeb?)
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 03:44:18 PM »
wow mates calm down. I think he was only pointing it out!
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 06:49:13 PM »
I don't need some idiot I've never met try and tarnish my good name saying I "got caught" doing anything.  I thought the tile was an original for AH since I got it off some website backgrounds site, which I've already said.  I'm trying to re-find the site so I can post a link.  If NHawk says he made it, I believe him & give him total credit.  I accept him for his word, but I expect the same in return.  I could have just as easily said "Oh yeah, prove it!"  But like I said, I believe NHawk.  So I don't need some moron saying I "got caught".  If I was worried about that, why the fug would I post the texture pic?  The only thing "getting caught" around here is Mr. Opinion's lip on my zipper.  <> NHawk for a beautiful texture.  I will change mine to avoid further controversy.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Winter Map W/ Skins
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006, 05:45:49 AM »
Ranger... calm down, use it. If it was something I really cared about it never would have been posted on the web. We're cool.
:aok

Edit: Once I sift through all of my CDs (about 1000) I'll WILL post the complete set for everyone to use as they like. It was part of this group...

« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 06:09:34 AM by NHawk »