Author Topic: My MA map almost done  (Read 896 times)

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
My MA map almost done
« on: June 07, 2006, 05:34:09 PM »
Marty McFly

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 05:47:35 PM »
The cool thing I think everyone will like about this map is the closeness of the fighting, it doesn't show but the vehicle spawns are 1/2 mile from base and the front line has two spawn points for each frontline base, let me know what you think I work on it alittle everyday ideas are welcome. all.  P.S Skuzzy what do you think?
Marty McFly

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 05:57:13 PM »
One team has an unfair advantage in that its HQ is on an island far away from any airfields.

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
NOPE
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 06:30:50 PM »
check entire terrain those are the last 3 bases no one will even have to engage, it sucks because it doesn't show actual spawn points there are none at those three bases so I belive that I've given each side a fare advantige and also remember they rotate.
Marty McFly

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 05:43:28 AM »
Actually Raptor is correct in more than one aspect. The factories for 2 sides are grouped around the HQs. The factories for the side that has the HQ out on the island seem to be a whole lot closer to the action.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Re: NOPE
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 05:50:05 AM »
Originally posted by FalconSS
check entire terrain those are the last 3 bases no one will even have to engage, it sucks because it doesn't show actual spawn points there are none at those three bases so I belive that I've given each side a fare advantige and also remember they rotate.
I can see it now. A massive NOE captures those 3 bases before anyone can defend them. :)
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 10:05:22 AM »
I shoud mention that the bases by HQ are protected w/163 base and a VH base so location is doesn't fit into play all have the same advantage.
Marty McFly

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 04:37:23 PM »
No offense meant, but it sound to me that you are ignoring everyone else's opinion.

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 04:50:53 PM »
Raptor asking for an opinion was just a nicAty on my part like or lump it its my map, you guys have seen some of the maps in MA haven't you? Seems to me none have put alot of thought or time into because if thats what I'm suppose to do to make a map everyone likes then I guess I'll just file 13 the whole thing.
Marty McFly

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 05:45:53 PM »
HMM
1st
The cool thing I think everyone will like about this map is the closeness of the fighting

Then it turns into.
like or lump it its my map

Looks to me you have one hq hidden in the mountains, one on a flat plain, and last but not least ... One disproportionate away from everything.

This map is not balanced and probably wot be added unless much fiddling is done.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
can't read huh bronk?
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 03:48:08 AM »
nudge nudge huh bronk ROFLMFAO!
Marty McFly

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 05:48:34 AM »
Originally posted by FalconSS
Raptor asking for an opinion was just a nicAty on my part like or lump it its my map, you guys have seen some of the maps in MA haven't you? Seems to me none have put alot of thought or time into because if thats what I'm suppose to do to make a map everyone likes then I guess I'll just file 13 the whole thing.
I'm sorry if I offended you with my comments. That wasn't the intention.

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 06:26:28 AM »
NHawk you and I are cool no offence taken
Marty McFly

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
My MA map almost done
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 11:50:53 AM »
Falcon,
no offence... but one important thing to begin with might be to measure the distance from each HQ to the center of the map and/or to the initial frontlines. To me it seems that your NW country is kind of in the middle of the NE and S countries, and might get pounded most often.

Another related thing is the length of the frontline for each country. E.g. in Mindanao map the W country practically never gets concuered because its defensible fontline is so narrow and the depth of its area is so deep.

A well balanced map would present equal positions for each country.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
FUG IT
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 05:40:30 PM »
I quit, file 13 and I'll never make another map EVER!
Marty McFly