Author Topic: Anyone want to finish this?  (Read 612 times)

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
Anyone want to finish this?
« on: June 12, 2006, 10:59:32 AM »
http://www.thesproge.com/uploads/Insomnia3.bmp

I don't have the patience to build it, but i know there are alot of talented guys on these forums that could really do it justice. I don't think i added enough airfields, and i didn't add the towns or strats either. I was thinking of putting all the strats for each zone within a 10 mile radius to increase bomber targets.

I don't have photoshop, only ms paint, and i think it looks a bit cartoonish overall. So if anyone wants to take over where i left off, feel free.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 11:04:54 AM by Speed55 »
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 02:40:31 PM »
I'll grab it. It has small map (256 mile) written all over it. A couple of the islands need to be moved a little, but other than that it should work. Skuzzy, what do you think? Max alt 7140, 36 to 38 bases per side.

Here's the layout he posted...

Here's a quick terrain. It's not as bland as it looks...
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Re: Anyone want to finish this?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 02:37:51 PM »
Originally posted by Speed55
I was thinking of putting all the strats for each zone within a 10 mile radius to increase bomber targets.

Bomber Alley... I like it

Offline FighterPuke

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 02:42:07 AM »
Id like to take a look at what you have.....I am by no means an expert but I will give it my all.  

Ryan

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 01:59:31 PM »
Buff drivers would love this map.  Good starting altitude, medium to long runs to target.  Predictable coorridors for interceptors.

Decent GV battles, once enemy pushes onto shores, and the they have FT island to play with until then.

Possible problem for task force admirals..... those are some narrow channels youve got there, Id expect lots of "cant move there, land" messages when plotting courses.  

Seems to be a smaller map...might want to reduce sides to 2 or 3 task forces and ports apeice, but that is a balance issue really.  Have to play it to see which works better.  With 4, you might see task forces bothing FT island more than youd like to see.

A short-lived map, but with plenty of action on all fronts until it flips.

Might consider making a couple more airfields near each HQ a large base.

Hope to see this map in MA sometime.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 02:15:20 PM »
Islands have already been moved to equalize distances and CVs can pass through all areas.

I'm setting the base locations now. I'll send the bitmap to HT for approval when that's done.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 09:28:45 PM »
Nhawk your newest map is great.  i love the GV action.   i hope it turns out as well as your last one      :D