Author Topic: Major SPYWARE PROBLEM!  (Read 1080 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Major SPYWARE PROBLEM!
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2006, 09:20:48 PM »
oh, and stay AWAY from "About . com."

Far far far away
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Major SPYWARE PROBLEM!
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2006, 09:42:37 PM »
It may be edgy to kick Firefox, but I think the program is trying to be better than the spamware Internet explorer.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Major SPYWARE PROBLEM!
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2006, 10:06:09 PM »
IMHO the Firefox debate is just another version of the the devil you know vs the devil you don't.  The same community that loves to flame IE bugs remains vigilantly quiet about similar bugs in firefox.

I'm always sitting behind a Sonicwall with antispyware at the gateway, and run McAfee Managed AV/AS. No massive overheads and it works just nicely.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Major SPYWARE PROBLEM!
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2006, 10:59:28 PM »
Mac, preach on brother Amen!!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :aok
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Major SPYWARE PROBLEM!
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2006, 07:41:53 AM »
I can just hear Skuzzy saying...

"Aight, aight...I put on my Robe and Wizards hat..."

:D

Mac

How ya doing Mav?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Major SPYWARE PROBLEM!
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2006, 10:43:49 AM »
Geez, dunt get so defensive.  It was an "FYI".  Nothing more.  I could care less what browser anyone uses.

Just don't think FireFox is bullet-proof.  It is software and no software is perfect.

Most people will never have a problem with any browser.  I know I have not and have been around the Internet longer than most people.  But I do a lot of things, right up front, to prevent problems instead of accepting the defaults (which pretty much will gaurantee problems).
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Major SPYWARE PROBLEM!
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2006, 10:46:25 AM »
...and THAT is great advice.  5 cents of prevention is worth a buck of cure.  Good browsing habits are the key to avoiding infection.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Major SPYWARE PROBLEM!
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2006, 08:55:27 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Geez, dunt get so defensive.  It was an "FYI".  Nothing more.  I could care less what browser anyone uses.

Just don't think FireFox is bullet-proof.  It is software and no software is perfect.

Most people will never have a problem with any browser.  I know I have not and have been around the Internet longer than most people.  But I do a lot of things, right up front, to prevent problems instead of accepting the defaults (which pretty much will gaurantee problems).

:D
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
Major SPYWARE PROBLEM!
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2006, 09:07:34 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Most people will never have a problem with any browser.

Most people without kids, maybe. I'd be willing to bet a beer that at least 75% of the computers used by people 18 yrs and younger are, or have been infected with spyware/malware. I work on computers/networks for a living and while I target only businesses I never refuse to work on my business customer's home computers. The vast majority of their problems are spyware/malware related.