Author Topic: My Mom  (Read 2417 times)

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
My Mom
« on: June 22, 2006, 02:37:56 AM »
Tragically , this Sunday, while returning from a visit to my dad for fathers day, my mother and brother were involved in a violent head on collision, which took my mothers life instantly and left my brother severely injured. I’m not posting for the sadness of it all, but to just tell you  a bit about my mom.

This will help and by taking a minute or so to read this , you’re helping me cope, and for that I thank you all to no end, , my virtual friends.

My mother was born June 8, 1934 Mary June Frost in Edmonton , Alberta, Canada. She had a jawbone defect that gave her a speech impediment, but that never stopped her from talking up a storm J  Years of surgery fixed that and she went on to lead the debate team.
Not much could stop her.

During WW2, she was a platform girl. These were school kids who passed out chocolate and cigarettes to soldiers on trains , bound for the horrors of war. She often told me, that, that was one of the tasks she was most proud of.

She paid her way into nursing college by winning art contests, she was a great artist. She kept herself in college by picking tobacco. After graduating she came to Montreal and started working at Ste.Mary’s Hospital, where she worked for 45 years.

Her achievements at that hospital are too numerous to mention here, but I’m most proud of her returning to McGill University at 45, to get a degree in hospital management. Years later McGill would award her a fellowship. She really was a story of working your way to the top. She retired a few years ago as head of 5 dept.s and assistant nursing director, quite good for a small prairie girl.

She will be dearly missed by many.

Bt this shouldn’t be all sad, I will celebrate her life, while mourning the loss. So on that note, some of her art work is below, sorry for the quality of the pics, I am a bit shaky.

In closing I want to thank you for taking the time to know my mom, you would’ve liked her, she had quite the sense of humour . You’ve helped me by reading this, thank you all so much, I mean that, .

Maybe do me one more favour, give your moms a call and say hi , will ya., thanks again.

Andrew

I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
My Mom
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 02:59:41 AM »
Airbumba
 I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother, She sounds like she was a wonderful mom. By her paintings she was definately talented in the arts.
My prayers go out to you and your family in this time of mourning.
I will also keep your brother in my prayers in hopes he recovers from his injuries fully and quickly.
my friend and God bless

HONDO
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
My Mom
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 03:13:38 AM »
Airbumba,

from the entire LTAR squadron and myself our deepest condolances.

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mom with many gifts.

<>

Offline betty

• Gold Member
My Mom
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 03:19:53 AM »
OMG...airbumba, i am sorry to hear bout ur mom, myself, my family and my squad " the unforgiven" all send our prayers and thoughts out to you and your family.

<>

~betty~
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline belethch

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.c-hawks.com
My Mom
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 04:34:32 AM »
our prayers are with youre whole family, and our deepest condolences from the C-Hawks.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
My Mom
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 04:47:35 AM »
My deepest condolences to you and your family Airbumba. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope your brother will get well fast.

Your Mom, sounds like she was one heck of a woman. And a great artist.

>>S<<
21 is only half the truth.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
My Mom
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 05:08:30 AM »
nothing i can say makes it ok, you have my thoughts and prayers mate, stay strong.

Your mother was quite the artist!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Oobi

• Zinc Member
My Mom
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 06:24:46 AM »
She was a very fine artist. My condolences to you and  your family, very sorry for your loss. .

--Oobi

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
My Mom
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 06:39:24 AM »
Andrew,
     It sounds like she was an amazing woman and a wonderful Mother, I know she will be missed. I lost my Mother when I was 14 and my Father when I was 27, I know how hard it can be.
       Her artwork looks wonderful and you can see she had a passion for it.

Your family will be in my families prayers.

Pete

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
My Mom
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 06:43:01 AM »
and my condolences.

Very nice paintings there, it seems she lived a full life and made the lives of those around her richer.

My prayers for you and yours.

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline 27th

• Copper Member
My Mom
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 06:51:58 AM »

My condolences and Godspeed

27th

Offline paulobrien6969

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/rafspitfires/index.htm
My Mom
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 06:58:01 AM »
my condolences mate
you and your family are in my thoughts
great paintings shes done there

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
My Mom
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 07:01:54 AM »
From my family to yours, we offer the deepest of sympathy.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
My Mom
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 07:07:02 AM »
I lost my mother earlier this month. I feel your pain.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
My Mom
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 07:12:24 AM »
In all honesty I think that Your Moms artwork is truly fantastic, she was a very talented woman, her paintings display both a high degree of skill and the  ability to capture the natural beauty of a landscape. ( I love the one with the mountain goat)

She sounds like she was a exceptional mother and person that put her responsibilities before her desires. I am pretty sure that had I known her I would have found her someone to both respect and admire.  

Give your brother my best wish’s I hope he has a quick recovery…

Take care of yourself Andrew.

Mussie