Author Topic: Russian Diplomats Murdered....oh my  (Read 1149 times)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Russian Diplomats Murdered....oh my
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2006, 05:20:06 PM »
Few statements made here makes me wonder...

If the russians by some accounts gave us bad intel....sold Iraq stuff when they weren't supposed to...don't really back the war at all.....and yet they make statements to the US to please find them and kill them??

IF I had the power...I would very quietly say...............Huh   NO !!!!

Find em on your own...have a nice day.

Did I read this thread right in hearing that ?
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2006, 05:38:30 PM »
Originally posted by Neubob
What's a rake?

"Rake" = "grabli". Try stepping on it and you'll get a bang in a forehead. A sane man never steps on one rake twice. Wise men never step on a rake that someone already stepped on. IMHO US now is perfecting in rake-racing. :(

Originally posted by Neubob
If you're talking about lawn-care equipment, we prefer John Deere tractors and migrant laborers.

I don't know about a tractor brand, but migrant labour is quite popular at Muscovite's "dachas". If you want to ruin your countryhouse - feel free to invite a brigade of Moldavian workers. :) My Father sold his "dacha" about 10 years ago, so now I excersice at my friends. So far the achievement was building a firewood shelter for 5 cubic meters and a stand for a 1 cubic meter water canister 3 meters high in one day. Both things still stand. It was 5 years ago. I also remember digging a bomb-shelter style cellar ("pogreb"), building a terrace so the wooden house built in XVIII century won't collapse and othe heroic deeds performed after a third glass.

I had a motor-electrical-equipment store near my subway station (Leninskiy prospekt, where I work), and they had a Motorized Lawnmover on display as an advertisement. What amazed me was that it had a headlight. Incredible. If you want to cut the grass at night - voila! :D

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2006, 05:51:05 PM »
Originally posted by ChickenHawk
I couldn't agree more that this isn't working. But if you kill off an entire village by poisoning their water, you can pretty much forget taking the high road and you might as well just call yourself a terrorist state.  Because that's what it is, terrorism.

1) Terrorism is an attempt to force someone to perform as you wish by scaring him. (sorry for a lame translation from Russian). Killing some people living in a certain location isn't terrorism. It's a war crime. So far no Soviet officers were found guilty by international courts. And we didn't refrain from sending our servicemen to such courts as US did. Do you remember anything like Abu Graib from Afghanistan 1979-89?

2) I doubt that Soviet Army did such things in Afghanistan. It's hard to believe. In 1986 I heard Voice of America seriously reporting Soviet Army using poisonous gases in Afghanistan, and it was a blatant lie. There was absolutely no chance that USSR could ever use WMD in a local conflict.

3) VoA also reported Soviet Army spreading toys filled with explosives so Afghani kids will blow themselves up. I have several friends who fought there and they say they saw such explosive toys definetly made outside USSR. It's no problem telling if the toy was made here or "there" for a person who spent his childhood in USSR.

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2006, 06:02:55 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
1) Terrorism is an attempt to force someone to perform as you wish by scaring him. (sorry for a lame translation from Russian).

Actually your English is quite good.

I think the village down the road would be pretty scared.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2006, 06:11:19 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop
Few statements made here makes me wonder...

If the russians by some accounts gave us bad intel....sold Iraq stuff when they weren't supposed to...don't really back the war at all.....and yet they make statements to the US to please find them and kill them??

IF I had the power...I would very quietly say...............Huh   NO !!!!

US sold some veeery serious stuf to Iraq when USSR abandoned all contracts with an aggressor, I mean 1980-85.

Do you really think that if USSR... er, RF, "backed the war" you could win the way you did? So far one whisper from Kremlin made you guys scrap your launch facilities in Turkey in 35 hours instead of 72, and so on. Providing aircraft defence for Vietnam was real fun, and there was absolutely nothing US could do about it. Should I continue?

You, not us, occupy a souverign country, caging it's [formally] democratically elected leader, unable to restore law and order on occupied territory. So athetically unable that you can't do anything about diplomatic representatives  being murdered under your responsibility. It's an utter failure. Do something, please, if you can. If you can't - then admit that you criminaly invaded a country and provide environment for international terrorism.

I am angry. Please, think about it. All Russians that have a radio or TV and know about this sad accident demand a revenge. It's YOUR responsibilty.

Originally posted by RedTop
Find em on your own...have a nice day.

Did I read this thread right in hearing that ?

Are you serious? Do you really want Russian Army to kick occupants out of Iraq and perform our own justice?! No way. You started this mess, so it's up to you. If Haliburton gets Soviet/Russian contracts in Iraq after InterEnergoService employees got kidnapped back in 2003 - stop complaining about "Russian barbarians". Do something! You rule there, not us. We don't want to have common business with occupants on occupied land. So far we may easily find people guilty for this situation, but I doubt that Alfa will storm the White House. They definetly can, but it's... inappropriate behaviour.

Sorry for being impolite.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2006, 06:13:09 PM »

BTW, in Soviet times USSR seldomly did anything about Soviet citizens held for ransom or killed in third-world countries. Even Soviet scienticts "disappeared" in the US were out of attention. :(

I guess Lebenon was the acception.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2006, 06:19:11 PM »
Originally posted by Estel
Your guys will ask for help from artillery and evacution helicopters. It's a fact. I know history of Vietnam war. And I found there many situations when Delta interrupted missions and asked for evaco.

Although elite units of spetsnaz received training in both styles of combat, in Afgan they used, just as Delta, tactic of being dropped behind enemy lines, making ambush and retreating on a chopper. There is nothing wrong with tactics that work well.

Source: http://www.agentura.ru/library/spetsnaz50/

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2006, 06:22:51 PM »
IAnd Afghanistan wasn't occupied.

That's because the Soviet troops were too afraid to leave their bases.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2006, 06:24:20 PM »
Actually your English is quite good.

Thanks.

I think the village down the road would be pretty scared.

During Caucasian War 1818-68 standard tactics that lead to victory was burning a mountain village, killing everyone except 3-4 "freedom fighters" who were sent to neighbouring villages. Neighbours usually met Russian troops with bread and salt, because they got warned that a death of a single Russian soldier was a reason for such measures. It took 30 years to adopt such tactics, before that Russians thought too much about "human rights" and other crap, as if they were fighting in Europe, like the occupation of France in 1814-1818.

Please don't call me "inhuman murderer" and "fascist". Just remember what happened to Indians in the US at the same time, while Chechens and other "freedom fighters" got national autonomys and ruled their land under Russian Empire and USSR, and they still so in Russian Federation. Just remember that imam Shamil lived in Kaluga on Russian govt money, his sons were raised together with Russian aristocracy children and Imperial govt payed for his "haj" where he died in Mecca.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2006, 06:28:08 PM »
Originally posted by Russian
Although elite units of spetsnaz received training in both styles of combat, in Afgan they used, just as Delta, tactic of being dropped behind enemy lines, making ambush and retreating on a chopper. There is nothing wrong with tactics that work well.

Source: http://www.agentura.ru/library/spetsnaz50/

Estel flew on such missions in mid-90s from Tajikistan. JFYI ;) When I first met him in 1997 he had his face still severely burnt by mountain sun...

I suppose he knows what he speaks about.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2006, 06:34:53 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
That's because the Soviet troops were too afraid to leave their bases.

Really?!

Is it possible for American soldiers in Kabul to run away from a base unarmed just to go to the market to buy some stuff?!

Russians/Soviets could walk in Kabul and other places without being afraid of kidnapping or such things. "Shuravi" (Soviet) is still a respected name there.

Soviets felt much more free and easy in Afghanistan then Americans seem to feel now in Iraq. And it was not about terror, but about trade and understanding that everyone does their job.

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2006, 06:44:05 PM »
Estel flew on such missions in mid-90s from Tajikistan. JFYI ;) When I first met him in 1997 he had his face still severely burnt by mountain sun...

I suppose he knows what he speaks about.

If he substitutes ‘marines’ for Delta, then that statement will be correct. That’s the only part I disagree on.  

Was he part of spetnaz or disantniki?

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2006, 06:56:38 PM »
Originally posted by Russian
If he substitutes ‘marines’ for Delta, then that statement will be correct. That’s the only part I disagree on.  

Was he part of spetnaz or disantniki?

He was a helicopter pilot.

We have all kinds of interesting people in Russian WBFH crowd... I hope Estel will forgive me :(

When I was in a hospital a year ago - in my room I had old men who have been to Cuba 1962, Hungary 1956, Chechoslovakia 1968 and one man who was in nazi concentration camp with his Mother when he was 3 years old...

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2006, 07:58:09 AM »
Go get 'em President Putin.

==============

Putin orders forces to destroy hostage killers
Russian special services told to strike militants who killed 4 workers in Iraq

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13163804/

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2006, 08:39:38 AM »
Boroda...

:rofl

Afghanistan wasn't occupied...

:lol

Thanks for the laugh, that one's gonna keep me entertained on a long drive today.

:aok