Author Topic: 1/5 of the budget deficit......  (Read 871 times)

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
1/5 of the budget deficit......
« on: June 29, 2006, 02:31:04 PM »
that's how much money Buffet and Gates are going to give away to various charities. Sixty two (62) billion dollars. Or 62,000 million dollars. Equal to 1/5 of the deficit. "The rich don't pay their fair share" (Liberalese for where's my freebes). But the most telling thing is who they won't give it to. The  Government

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 02:38:37 PM »
I'd rather have em put the cash in a pile and burn it, than give it to the government.  At least that way it has a use. It would keep you  warm for a while.
Give it to the gov and it would all go poof.

Bronk
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 02:52:59 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 02:43:47 PM »
I think the point is that even the most liberal will not willingly give to the government...

They chide us for not giving enough in taxes that we feel will be wasted but they don't give to the government.... they have the gall to think that they know who needs the money more than the government does.

we are too dumb to decide but they are smart enough to know better than the government?   How does that work?

lazs

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 02:52:36 PM »
They made money, the government is under an extreme amount of debt.  Hmm,..I think the guys who made money probably do have a better idea of what to do with it than the government does.  How much do we give every year and they still cannot figure out how to balance the budget, much less pay any debt down?

It's thier money.  They can do whatever they want with it.  I am glad they are smart enough not to give it to the government.  They might as well hand it to a bunch of thieving pedophiles as give it to the government.  Not much difference in my book.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Re: 1/5 of the budget deficit......
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 03:14:55 PM »
Originally posted by weaselsan
that's how much money Buffet and Gates are going to give away to various charities. Sixty two (62) billion dollars. Or 62,000 million dollars. Equal to 1/5 of the deficit.

Yeah, but that is the budget deficit THIS YEAR.  62 Billion dollars is only 0.7% of the national debt.

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
Re: Re: 1/5 of the budget deficit......
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 03:38:56 PM »
Originally posted by Mickey1992
Yeah, but that is the budget deficit THIS YEAR.  62 Billion dollars is only 0.7% of the national debt.

Even more reason not to hand it to the government. Have you ever heard a politician refer to a "tax expenditure" a tax expenditure is money they allow you to keep by not taking it from you by taxation. In other words they are saying that technically all monies are the governments. Any money that they allow you to keep is a tax expenditure. How many times have you heard a liberal politician say "Who is going to pay for a tax cut"?

What's even more telling is how the government "Cuts Spending". They "Cut Spending" by passing a 2 Trillion dollar budget, And then only spend 1 trillion 999 billion. Of course then you will have your typical whine "The administration has cut the budget and spent less for impoverished near sighted eskimos (and their families). That would be great, You can drive home in your new BMW and tell the wife, you actually cut the family transportation budget, you where going to buy a McClarren.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 03:45:29 PM »
I think they shoulda donate a billion to HTC...then, and only then is there any chance of actually seeing CT by xmas 06 =)
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 03:47:43 PM »
Yeah and maybe HT would even allow my Dad's B-25 into the game!

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 03:49:57 PM »
I gather the discussion started with philanthropy and has morphed into taxation.

For what government services, if any, would you gladly exchange tax dollars?

hap

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 04:51:02 PM »
very cool toad
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 04:52:06 PM »
Originally posted by Hap
I gather the discussion started with philanthropy and has morphed into taxation.

hap

The relocation of most of congress out of the country comes to mind........
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hap

hap

We'll start with the Federal Department of Education that educates no one. Can we make a game of this? We can balance the budget in no time. And then begin massive tax cuts.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 05:02:20 PM by weaselsan »

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 05:30:07 PM »
actually i asked the question quite seriously . . . what would/will you pay the gov't to do for you???  there's at least 1 answer upon which we should all agree eaisly.

and without admitting that (and others will follow), we prate.
hap
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 05:34:14 PM by Hap »

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 07:10:20 PM »
Originally posted by Hap
actually i asked the question quite seriously . . . what would/will you pay the gov't to do for you???  there's at least 1 answer upon which we should all agree eaisly.

and without admitting that (and others will follow), we prate.
hap

You asked the question "What government services would I exchange for tax dollars, if any?" I answered the question with "The Department of Education" That is just for openers, there's lots more where that came from.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 09:48:54 PM »
Probrably could do without the NSA.

Lets see what else?.

foreign aid programs.

Dept of Education.

Most of the welfare programs.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety