Author Topic: A reverse thought  (Read 797 times)

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
A reverse thought
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 07:57:47 AM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
you mean 60 cons hovering in vulch formation isnt fun? i especially enjoy being chastised for "upping" on a capped field.."what a dummy! he actually wants to fight!" followed by 25 wtgs on channel 200 for 15 vulches :rolleyes:

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline jamesdeanoo7

• Copper Member
A reverse thought
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 08:38:20 AM »
I have similar views which is why I never understand anybody moaning about he donut  map. Here is a map with fighter combat at its centre which always seems to attract alot of people. Lots of accessable factories etc for those that like ground attack or are just practicing their flying skills. A huge amount of possabilities for gv battles and the map is so huge that anyone who likes buff runs has a chance of getting through and back. I love this game but if I have one gripe its that the smaller maps have such a concentrated and predictable front that with 500 plyers on line all you get is furballs. Bombing runs are intercepted sectors from their targets unless its done in a horde. I just dont understand why the larger maps arent used more often or why in fact we use those small maps at all with so many on line. Why dont we ever use the maps used for scenarios for example . For me new and larger maps would be better but always with a tt and ft incorporated. I know you will still get the dummy who wants to drop the hangers at tt or ft but hey its the dummies $14.99, right ???
 jdjnr ;)

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
A reverse thought
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 03:04:35 PM »
Originally posted by ujustdied
lol some words of advice never leave then game when your on the way to a base because then unexpectid will happen.

i think what would make the game a lot more fun would be to make the maps smaller and put the fields closer together. then it would be a lot more fun of a map and would also be fun.

DING! DING! DING! You are the winner. This is, IMO, the biggest fun killer. When it's over a sector flight to the nearest base it makes it so boring to try and defend a capped field. Not to mention that by the time you get there there is a good change that the fight has died out, or if you do make the trip very few of your country mates do and you find yourself way outnumbered after that long flight.

It's too bad that map making is such a difficult and time consuming process.

Offline JB28

• Copper Member
A reverse thought
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 03:19:25 PM »
I believe that Mister Fork hit on a good idea in another thread that has gone on for way too long, but nobody responded to

Quote:
Second - Airfield Resources:
Addresses porking issues by having a set amount of ordinance, fuel, and ammo at every field. Up an aircraft, it depleted area/field resources

Seems to me that if each time a plane or Vehicle upped an airfield, the supplies would be reduced, this would give this game a new dimension.  of coarse, the supply convoy would resupply the base, but then again, someone would probably complain that someone is camped outside a base porking the supply convoy.......and the saga continues.  

sounded like a pretty good idea to me, but hey, that 's just me.

:aok :aok :aok

<>28

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
A reverse thought
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 04:15:08 PM »
I really had alot of fun with AH 1 ...... FM's, Fuel Burn, and the fights were  fast ferious.....and
white knuckle intense....  

Bob/CHECKERS
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
A reverse thought
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 07:21:32 PM »
Originally posted by sharp8th
whant  some            

with that whine

When you find a whine, get back to us with those original thoughts.
Nice scorpion. Sponsored by VOSS?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes when you are too close to things the obvious has a way of sliding by you.
Just looking for some alternative ideas to throw around.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------