Author Topic: Bombing Questions  (Read 1138 times)

Offline red26

• Silver Member
      • http://www.red25s.zoomshare.com
Bombing Questions
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006, 01:44:21 PM »
once I hit the set key to set my cali, i dont even touch my plane Im pritty good a putting my plane in the right path before I get to the base im hitting.

I just dont understand it its like once I cali, and hit U to set my sight it all goes away with only touching U???
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Bombing Questions
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 01:59:08 PM »
In a calibration routine you hit U once to enter it and calibrate and then hit U a second time to exit.
You do not hit U again unless you want or need to recalibrate.
You drop bombs from the F6 view after having calibrated.
You can make minor course changes in F6 view with gentle left and right movement of joystick or controller.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline red26

• Silver Member
Bombing Questions
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2006, 02:10:01 PM »
rgr that once I set my sight I dont touch my stick until I kick the servo drop switch loose and its still off.

I dont mean to be a pain in yer arsh but its kinda hard to help pork a base with a bad bombing sight. Were do I go to get a replacement? Do I go to Supply or The Wing Commander and how long to ship a new scope to me im in Bamberg at a little grass airstrip the Eng, cut out for us. LOL :rofl :rofl
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline Campi

• Zinc Member
Bombing Questions
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2006, 02:45:38 PM »
when i do bombinb runs, and i'm no expert, but hit, 80% of the time.... I usually climb to 10k if very heavy, or 15-20k if not so heavy (i.e. bombinb towns, or what not)....

light up inital approach, press f6, (bombing sight)
Press U enter calibraton mode)
Press Y hold, for x+2 where x = how ever long you feel is right
Realease Y
Press U, exit calibraton mode
Wait... Adjust as needed with stick, maybe add .salvo or .delay if i feel like it
trigger bombs...
press F3 if not in combat
check skys with views.. then Press 0 (default down view)... watch target for effect.... Eject if miss... chute... rince and repeat

Offline red26

• Silver Member
Bombing Questions
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 03:03:35 PM »
All my stuff is in check Im going by the book and its still off. I dont know whats going on.

I think one of my aircrew droped my sight when they were puting it in and they didnt tell me I will have there heads for that because I have to go to wing commander over this and get a new one. and its going to take forever for it to get to me. But once it dose I will be hitting on target once agin and busting hangers.:aok :aok :O :O :t

Oh and Im just lidding about going to the wing commander about the sight. I played D & D but never got much into it.:O :rofl :rofl :rofl :lol
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline Campi

• Zinc Member
Bombing Questions
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 03:16:09 PM »
Any Ways, Crying to the wing commander never gets anything done... you need to follow Coc (chain of command), find out who worked on your plane, there should be papers, who signed off on calibration or even install of the sight, then make sure you know their chief, since you being an officer should never talk directly to an enlisted.. unless you have a specific reasion to.. the supervisor should be talked to first.... of course. telling them they are doing a good job is allowed... and not getting caught sleeping with the cute ones is allowed also.

Offline Campi

• Zinc Member
Bombing Questions
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 03:23:06 PM »
if you are still having problems i found this in the air wing library you should read it
http://www.netaces.org/ahbombing/bombing.html#title

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
Bombing Questions
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 04:20:11 PM »
what i do is get to a nice alt.. (25-28K for me).. about a sector out from target i open my doors to get plane to constant speed.. once cruising good ill go to bomb sight.. ill move the crosshairs forward pretty far, zoom in, find a tree to aim at and then calibrate while keeping the crosshairs on the tree or whatever target i pick.. ill hold my calibration key for about 10-15 seconds keeping the crosshairs on my tree..... sometimes ill have to do it twice. Im pretty good at bombing and ill hit on the money 90% of the time.  when you drop your first salvo and your not perfect calibration, your aircraft will start to speed up and that will throw your next salvo off... for example, your in lancs with 14K bombload.. your calibration is off by +3 MPH..  you release a salvo of 3 (3K worth of bombs), you aircraft is now 3000lbs lighter.. your going to be +4 MPH or more off on your next quick drop.. ive noticed this before.. look me up in the MA sometime and we can go on a run and ill show you what i mean.  my callsign in the game is ken96r30

Offline red26

• Silver Member
Bombing Questions
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2006, 04:34:51 PM »
rgr will you be online tonight?? if so I will see ya there.  

By the By I was 82nd Airborne "ALL THE WAY" :aok :O
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
Bombing Questions
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2006, 05:31:27 PM »
82nd Airborne... well in that case... your on your own pal.. ha ha ha... just kidding... ill be on tonight.

Offline red26

• Silver Member
Bombing Questions
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2006, 05:39:51 PM »
rgr Ill try to find ya if I can get on working late tonight but Im shure I will be able to get fo a little wile.:aok :O
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Bombing Questions
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2006, 09:16:34 PM »
SKUZZY!!!  Don't make me post in the Tech Support forum!  Help me please.
Anyone from HTC, please help!!!

Oh and quit hijacking my thread you noobs!!!
:D
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
Bombing Questions
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 08:42:55 AM »
read the first post i made.. i think that answers your origional question... well kinda answers it..

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Bombing Questions
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2006, 12:00:49 PM »
Originally posted by 101ABN
read the first post i made.. i think that answers your origional question... well kinda answers it..

101ABN, I do know how to calibrate, but I was just curious and want to the know the advanced stuff.  I fear only HTC can give me the right answers.

The drop to the left was done at 201mph ground speed and the drop to the right was done at 300mph ground speed.

Both were at 20k.  Both a salvo of 4.  Both a delay of 0.05.  Bombs were 100lb'ers.  No stick adjustments were made for at least 20 seconds before drop.  Anyone know why this happens?
EDIT:
oh and btw, my speed was off my 1mph on the left side drop (202mph) I checked my e6b 3 seconds prior to dropping bombs.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Bombing Questions
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2006, 02:07:58 PM »
Well, if you use the same delay in a salvo and drop two salvos at different speeds the spaceing will not be the same.
Calibrated or not the distance between the impacts will be greater just because your faster and travel a longer distance between the individual drops in a group salvo.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54