Author Topic: Bombing Questions  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Bombing Questions
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2006, 02:11:13 PM »
The picture shows that by going slower, you will have a tighter, but longer area of bombing.

That just doesn't seem right.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline red26

• Silver Member
      • http://www.red25s.zoomshare.com
Bombing Questions
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2006, 06:08:20 PM »
Sorry there Kermit de frog I didnt mean to ruin your thred wont do it agin promice.
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Bombing Questions
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2006, 06:50:42 PM »
Originally posted by 101ABN
what i do is get to a nice alt.. (25-28K for me).. about a sector out from target i open my doors to get plane to constant speed.. once cruising good ill go to bomb sight.. ill move the crosshairs forward pretty far, zoom in, find a tree to aim at and then calibrate while keeping the crosshairs on the tree or whatever target i pick.. ill hold my calibration key for about 10-15 seconds keeping the crosshairs on my tree..... sometimes ill have to do it twice. Im pretty good at bombing and ill hit on the money 90% of the time.  when you drop your first salvo and your not perfect calibration, your aircraft will start to speed up and that will throw your next salvo off... for example, your in lancs with 14K bombload.. your calibration is off by +3 MPH..  you release a salvo of 3 (3K worth of bombs), you aircraft is now 3000lbs lighter.. your going to be +4 MPH or more off on your next quick drop.. ive noticed this before.. look me up in the MA sometime and we can go on a run and ill show you what i mean.  my callsign in the game is ken96r30

You do not need to hold your crosshairs on anything to calibrate.

1) Level out
2) Open doors
3) Allow speed to stablize
4) Press F6 to enter bombsight
5) Bring up clipboard and E6B
6) Press U to enter calibration
7) Press Y for 10 sec and release
8) If calibrated speed = E6B speed, Press U to exit calibration.  If not, repeat. (Note: If you cannot get the speeds to match exactly, +- 2 mph is ok.  If the E6B speed is 2 mph faster than your calibrated speed, drop a little sooner, if E6B speed is 2 mph slower than your E6B speed, drop a little later.  This is depeneds on your speed difference and you'll have to experiment to find what works.)
9) Minimize clipboard
10) Zoom bombsight and make very small addjustments to flight path using sitck if needed.
11) Right before crosshairs cross target, release bombs.
12) Close doors
13) Fly home.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Bombing Questions
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2006, 11:38:19 PM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog
The picture shows that by going slower, you will have a tighter, but longer area of bombing.

That just doesn't seem right.

I guess before I responded I should have asked what direction those bomb runs were made.

I'm crawling back in my cave. My brain hurts!
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Bombing Questions
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 03:41:15 AM »
There was no need to ask the question fuzeman.  All you had to do was read my poorly written statements in my earlier posts.  I should have said "the drop to the left in the picture" and "the drop to the right in the picture"  otherwise, you may think I meant "my right" or "my left", and since my bombers are going down in the picture, my right would mean to the left in the picture.  Is this better. :)

Yo Red26, by the way, I'm just messing wit ya. :D

Alas, I feel like I'm getting frustrated on this thread.  I'll email someone at HTC and I hope they will be able to help me out.

Thank you all for replying to this thread.  Some great links ended up on this thread and will be of good use for me and others as well.

Someday, we all might know all the rules to bombing in Aces High II.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 03:46:07 AM by Kermit de frog »

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Bombing Questions
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 05:08:45 AM »
who are you and what have you done with kermit the typh noob?
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Bombing Questions
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2006, 01:16:06 PM »
Originally posted by Messiah
who are you and what have you done with kermit the typh noob?

After pwn'n you in the TA, I've felt that my fighter skills have achieved the ultimate fighter level, and I'm now ready to retire to bomber status.  :noid

I'm after your FH's haisseM.  I will hunt you down and stop you from upping near the furball.  I will vulch you from 30k.  I will kill your radar, locally and nationally.  There will be no place safe to hide from the all powerful and all mighty Flying Fortress.  You want to stop me?  Climb up to my level and try it boi!!!!!!!!

You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya Messiah?”

Muahhaahhahha!

P.S.
I'll still up my typhy and kill your 109 or is it the ez mode spit8?:D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 01:23:45 PM by Kermit de frog »

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Bombing Questions
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2006, 05:25:58 PM »
I challenge you to a 1v1 b17 duel