Author Topic: We need these  (Read 2305 times)

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
We need these
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 07:41:54 PM »
Will I think we should have some French planes. I mean they did fight in the war. They fought even when they surrender known as Free French. No matter how long france fought in the war, they still fought on the ground, air, and seas. So why can't we add some of there fighters to this game? I mean if France lasted for another 5 months those fighters in few numbers would have grown in bigger numbers. I say bring the D.520 and the Hawk 75
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
We need these
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 09:34:17 AM »
French planes would be neat to have, but ultimately, they'd end up being hangar queens. Fastest fighter posted so far has a top speed of 328mph. A very small handful may find success with them, but imho, the time spent could be better used elsewhere.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
We need these
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 10:02:31 AM »
Would need a few new options in-game -

French planes - Ability to signal your surrender.
Italian planes - As soon as the enemy gets near you, you automatically change to their side.

:)
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
We need these
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 10:04:11 AM »
That's hilarious :lol

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
We need these
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 10:11:58 AM »
I would say yes to all french planes. ( as I would say ANY early war new planes)

Especially Morane Saulnier ... ( you know why)

Curtiss Hawk would be also nice, it was Lentolaivue 32's (LLV32) main ride during the war.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 10:18:27 AM by mipoikel »
I am a spy!

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
We need these
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 10:38:43 AM »
Don't we already have the Curtiss?  Only we've got the version with the water-cooled Allison.  P-40B and the Hawk darn near identical planes except for the powerplant, right?

Offline Yoshimbo

• Nickel Member
      • http://freewebs.com/yoshimbo/
We need these
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 11:03:40 AM »
OF all the planes posted I would have to say we should have ATLEAST!

The D.520 becuz even though they fought for so little time In that time, they had 108 confirmed kills and 39 probables, losing 54 to enemy action.

and ATLEAST ONE French Bomber, just for the sake of variety

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
We need these
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 11:34:28 AM »
AMEN!
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline justfreds

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
We need these
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 01:18:07 AM »
actually commodore perry kinda set the stages for WWII   in 1853  when he sailed his steam boats into tokyo bay... (you guys need to read the book FLYBOYS) he sparked the niponese build up that eventually led  to the attack on pearl harbor

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
We need these
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2006, 01:33:02 AM »
We have a French Ju88 skin in game, does that count?

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
We need these
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2006, 01:37:42 AM »
Originally posted by justfreds
actually commodore perry kinda set the stages for WWII   in 1853  when he sailed his steam boats into tokyo bay... (you guys need to read the book FLYBOYS) he sparked the niponese build up that eventually led  to the attack on pearl harbor

I blame anglo saxan barbarians. If they hadn't caused the gradual demise of the Roman Empire, then we all could have been living peacefully under a ceasar ruled world!

Offline AKWarp

• Copper Member
      • http://10mbfree.com/edlance/
We need these
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 01:41:50 AM »
So I go into Google and I type in "French Military Victories" and hit the search button....I click on the very first page of the results and get this:

Did you mean: french military defeats  

No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - french military victories - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
- Try different keywords.
- Try more general keywords.
- Try fewer keywords.
Also, you can try Google Answers for expert help with your search.

'nuff said......

Offline Yoshimbo

• Nickel Member
We need these
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »
Ther Germans lost, the Japanese lost, yet we still have planes from them, they merely lasted longer.

to my understanding,

The poor french where taken completely by surprise when the German army came bustin in through the ardenne, keep in mind that the french where quite ready for another world war(maginot line), just not a world war that was in the mobile fashion the germans were using by their use of the blitkrieg(how u spell that?) stratagy. IF, on the other hand, the second world war took on a form that resembled that of the first, i believe the french would have handed the 3rd reich a right firm beating, or would have atleast held them at the maginot line. the french where simply unready for it.

to my understanding:cool:

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
We need these
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2006, 01:35:27 PM »
AKWarp  That sight is a GOOGLE hack.  I'm surprised it is still up.

As to having early war planes in the MA, let me just tell you that last night I took up a P-40B and got two kills with it and landed safely.  One was a LA-7, and the other was a N1K2, I also took up a Spit 1 and killed a P-51D,P-47N,and a N1K2.  So I don't want anyone telling me that early war stuff will be useless in the MA.  

The D-520 looks like it could be a match for the 109-F in firepower, and maybe turn like a Hurricane.  I've p0\/\/n3d n00bs in a Fredrich, and both Hurri I & IIC's.
I like em for the challenge.  I ues the early war stuff to hone my /\/\4d  5k![_z, Because one mistake in them and you will be in the tower fast.

Bring the; D-520, M.S.406, and Hawk 75/P-36, and let the Perk farming begin.;) :aok :rofl

Offline Yoshimbo

• Nickel Member
We need these
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2006, 02:11:59 PM »
thank you for your input.

see, early warbirds don't alwyas mean yer gonna die, or their just gonna sit around in the hangar nvr to be used.

and i agree, they do make for a very good challenge.

I hop in the hurr1, p40e (and now the e sumtimes also), from time to time, sumtimes i score sum kills, sumtimes i don't, but isn't that true for all planes?