Author Topic: We need these  (Read 2304 times)

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
We need these
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 04:43:10 PM »
In the h2h in FFA rooms I will take a P40B and land like 3 kills against spits, temps, and La7s. I take Hurrican Mk1s and Spits Mk1s and do the same thing. People ask me what im flying and I'll say a hurrican, and then they go oh the MkIIC, then I say no the Mk1, then they go, oh :confused:

The reason why people don't fly early planes is because they think there too slow, less fire power, and easy to kill. But really if you practice with the early war planes, you become a better pilot with that plane, and all other planes in AH. If you flew the P40B, Hurrican/Spit Mk1, F4F, FM2, 109E-4, and all the other early war planes, and master those, you will become one hell of a pilot. I bet most of the Aces in AH flew early war planes when they started this game, and now they can master any fighter.

How can people with an early war fighter kill a late war fighter?
Just have to be a smart pilot. To me flying early war fighters is a good challange, helps your pilot skills, and makes the game funner when you shoot down a Spit16 with 109E-4. I love those 109E-4s.
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
We need these
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2006, 06:13:27 PM »
Voowho, I think just the opposite:

I believe many of the Aces of AH flew 'easy to fly' aircraft, and thus got so much experience, that they were able to fly the early-war aircraft properly :)

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
We need these
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2006, 10:49:37 AM »
Will thats these days, but back in a time called AH1 there was no such thing as easy to fly aircraft. :rolleyes: But I started out with the hard to fly planes, and when I flew a spit, I just didn't like how it was so easy to fly.

But Frank that just seems weird. How could you be an Ace if you flew the easy to fly planes, then went on to a hard to fly plane and still be good, thats like using hacks/cheats in Halo playing it on easy, and then after beating the game you turn off your hacks/cheats and you play all the mission over again but on Legendary, and then your the best Halo player all that cheating. I say opposite of yours frank :D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 10:55:10 AM by VooWho »
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
We need these
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2006, 10:53:08 AM »
Folks didn't fly easy-to-fly planes, eh?

Might wanna check that memory :P

Why else was the C-hog the most-used plane for a long time before it was perked? Why else have the LA7 and N1k2 had spots 1 and 2 (up until the spit16 came out) for... well forever, since they were INTRODUCED.

Folks only fly easy to fly planes.

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
We need these
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2006, 11:28:14 AM »
Well Krusty, The easy to fly planes can make a Poor pilot into an average killing machine.  That is why so many people take those planes(Succes breads complacency), while a few hone their skills on "hard to fly" planes.  I bet if you looked at the top scoring fighter pilots, you would find that they spent a significant portion of their time in only 1 or 2 planes.  Learning the subtle intracacies of those planes, so that they can dominate from any position.  Take those planes away, and I bet you dollars to dognuts, that they would quickly become middle of the pack.  Sure they have skills like identifying the energy state of their oponent, and advanced ACM skills, but they will not know this unfamiliar planes nuances.  They will get triped up by a diffrent corner speed, wider turning radius, or lower top speed.

If your used to the "bottom of the heap", flying the best will make you better.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
We need these
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2006, 11:47:56 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
I'm going to distance myself from Hornet on this one, but I must say that I'm 99.999999% sure that NO french plane will ever be introduced into this game. The role they played in the war itself was marginal. France did have a large air force, I know. However the Battle of France was over almost instantly and the french fighters were either destroyed or (in *rare* cases) turned into LW trainers. The bombers were pretty poor, as well.

It's like saying "Hey, why don't we have any Portugeuse-built planes?!?!?" -- because in the grand scheme of things, they didn't make a difference.

Sorry for the Francophiles I've hurt here, but that's the way I see it.

No French planes are likely, because you can't surrender in Aces High.
:aok

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
We need these
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2006, 01:33:01 PM »
Originally posted by VooWho
Will thats these days, but back in a time called AH1 there was no such thing as easy to fly aircraft. :rolleyes: But I started out with the hard to fly planes, and when I flew a spit, I just didn't like how it was so easy to fly.

But Frank that just seems weird. How could you be an Ace if you flew the easy to fly planes, then went on to a hard to fly plane and still be good, thats like using hacks/cheats in Halo playing it on easy, and then after beating the game you turn off your hacks/cheats and you play all the mission over again but on Legendary, and then your the best Halo player all that cheating. I say opposite of yours frank :D

Frank is right for the most part.  Look at the Aces in the Top 25.  Probably 99.99% of them are in "easy to fly" planes such as the La7, P-51D, Spitfires, Typhoon, etc.  And just because you can get a kill in a Spitfire I or a Hurricane doesn't make you an ace either....

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
We need these
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2006, 01:34:56 PM »
Originally posted by Iron_Cross
 Take those planes away, and I bet you dollars to dognuts, that they would quickly become middle of the pack.  Sure they have skills like identifying the energy state of their oponent, and advanced ACM skills, but they will not know this unfamiliar planes nuances.  They will get triped up by a diffrent corner speed, wider turning radius, or lower top speed.

Until a couple of flights were they get used to the handling of the plane and start handing your arse on a platter...

ack-ack

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
We need these
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »
Only, if you "master" the spit16, and can only fly in it, then when you try the same thing in a lesser plane, you die. It's not a matter of handling. It's a matter of consigning yourself to the short bus. You're handicapping your own learning, and you might pull off some moves that win you a lot of fights, but are 100% impossible in any other plane in the game.

So hypothetically learning only one aircraft, even if you learn it well, is a poor choice to make. More so if it's one of the so-called "uber" planes. If you ever step down to a normal level you'll be dogmeat.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
We need these
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2006, 01:59:48 PM »
Only, if you "master" the spit16, and can only fly in it, then when you try the same thing in a lesser plane, you die. It's not a matter of handling. It's a matter of consigning yourself to the short bus. You're handicapping your own learning, and you might pull off some moves that win you a lot of fights, but are 100% impossible in any other plane in the game.

So hypothetically learning only one aircraft, even if you learn it well, is a poor choice to make. More so if it's one of the so-called "uber" planes. If you ever step down to a normal level you'll be dogmeat.

That's why the Snapshots, FSOs and Scenarios are so great. You're forced out of your comfort zone and have to fly other planes and use other strategies than in the MA.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
We need these
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2006, 04:56:11 PM »
I must agree on that point. It's always fun to try new planes. Hell I tried a C2 and fell in love!

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
We need these
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2006, 07:38:00 PM »
Exactly Krusty, I too tried the Mc-202 because I wanted to dominate with the 205.  I love that little POS.  Every kill I got in that 202 gave me a satisfying Smirk of accomplishment.  With the 202 you really had to saddle up, and land a LOT of hits.  When I got consistent with the 202, I upgraded to the 205.  The extra power from the engine was like a dream come true, when compared with the 202, and the cannons were like Jove hurling thunderbolts at any enemy in front of me.  

Because I put time in the Mc-202, stepping up to its big brother the Mc-205 was a lot easier, and the skills I learned in the 202 made me deadly with the 205.  I am proud to post a positive K/D ratio wich is better than half of the MA can say.  I think that learning to be at least competent with the early war stuff, will stand you in good stead when flying the late war monsters.  Especially if you follow "family lines", you really see the development of an aircraft.  

Like the Macchi family, the engine fankly sucks in the Mc-202, and the guns don't put out the instant damage needed to bring enemy planes down.  The Mc-205 adressed those issues with a more powerfull engine, and added cannons.  Now with the 205 you have a fighter that can at least hold its own with the late war stuff, and put the smackdown on the mid-war planes.

Hey how come I'm standing on a soap box? :huh

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
We need these
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2006, 08:23:35 PM »

Not entirely true.  If you only learn about one plane then it could hinder you if flying other planes since you neglected to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the new plane.   But if you know what the plane could and couldn't do then transitioning to the new plane would be almost seamless.  I never flew the bf109G-2 until today when I dueled Storch and easily handed him his arse in a plane that he's a claimed "experten" in.  But then it takes time to study the other planes and that's time a lot no longer wish to spend.

ack-ack

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
We need these
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2006, 09:40:13 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
I never flew the bf109G-2 until today when I dueled Storch and easily handed him his arse in a plane that he's a claimed "experten" in.
:rofl :rofl :rofl
Pick on the guy who can't flame - er - fight back anymore!
:rofl :rofl :rofl

Not saying you didn't -- just saying it would be easy for you to "inadvertantly exaggerate" when the other side can't be told.  One man's "arse-handing" is another guy's close fight . . .

Besides, IMO the G-2 handles as well as the P-38s anyway, so it wasn't like you "stepped down" in any event.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Campi

• Zinc Member
We need these
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2006, 05:37:19 AM »
Originally posted by AKWarp
So I go into Google and I type in "French Military Victories" and hit the search button....I click on the very first page of the results and get this:

Did you mean: french military defeats  

No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - french military victories - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
- Try different keywords.
- Try more general keywords.
- Try fewer keywords.
Also, you can try Google Answers for expert help with your search.

'nuff said......

one word.. Joan of arc.