Author Topic: explanation of collision  (Read 1187 times)

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
explanation of collision
« on: July 20, 2006, 11:34:12 AM »
i get that it it what it is , but if im in a buff and someone comes in on my 6 straight into my plane how do i die he lives ???? i dont care but seems to me ive lit him up he smokin and i die wierd is it the lag that decides how many rounds ????    i might need to improve my gunnery i guess
THE NAME TATERTOT IS NOT FROM MY FAV FOOD !!!!!!

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
explanation of collision
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 11:37:26 AM »
If you died because of a collision, it means the collision happened on your PC, not on his. What he saw on his PC is completely irrelevant.

If you died because he shot you down, it means his bullets hit your plane on his PC. What you saw on your PC is completely irrelevant.

It could also be a combination of the two.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
explanation of collision
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 02:01:31 PM »
I know this topic has been beat to death but I never & I mean EVER have a plane hit me & not fly away unscathed while I go down in a ball of flames. Doesn't matter if they ran into the back of me or I run into them I ALWAYS lose 100% of the time.:furious :cry
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
explanation of collision
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 02:11:16 PM »
Originally posted by MajWoody
I know this topic has been beat to death but I never & I mean EVER have a plane hit me & not fly away unscathed while I go down in a ball of flames. Doesn't matter if they ran into the back of me or I run into them I ALWAYS lose 100% of the time.:furious :cry

Excactly as it should be. You want to be able to hit someone and not have damage ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline ded

• Copper Member
explanation of collision
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 02:23:17 PM »
I had a spit16 come in from behind me last night, landed a hit on me, rammed me and ripped his elevators off. :rofl Thanks for the free kill when I was flying stupid. :aok

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
explanation of collision
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 02:48:20 PM »
See my post in the \"Funny pics\" threads to see what happened with the last Spixteen that rammed me.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
explanation of collision
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 04:26:27 PM »
Tater, I pulled that off a couple of times. It's rare and unintentional. Basically I make a rear attack and come in too hot, too fast, and blow my shot. So I duck JUST under the bomber wing, juuuuust enough to avoid ramming him, then pull up like mad to get the hell out of dodge!!

Only, if I'm "lag delayed" on his end -- if I fly PAST the wing, in front of him, then pull up I'm clear. But my image on HIS machine (time delayed) follows the same path and now pulls up through the wing. It's not something you can do intentionally but it can happen. You're still flying forward even after my "lag drone" is pulling up and you collide, but I've already pulled up and am clear of you.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
explanation of collision
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 04:40:49 PM »
Is it ever possible that two computers both see a collision???
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
explanation of collision
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 04:56:25 PM »
If you go to the CON section, one of ALF's posts had a bit where HiTech explained how it worked

Its clear as mud til you give it a listen

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
explanation of collision
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 05:09:52 PM »

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
explanation of collision
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 08:20:37 PM »
cav: Yep. When you see \"You have collided\" AND \"So and so collided with you\" it means both ends saw it.

While it has its problems, I STILL think a collision should only be recorded if both computers see it. It\'ll certainly stop the people from complaining when they only see \" collided with you\" but THEY\'RE the ones who die.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
explanation of collision
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 09:13:26 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman
While it has its problems, I STILL think a collision should only be recorded if both computers see it. It\'ll certainly stop the people from complaining when they only see \" collided with you\" but THEY\'RE the ones who die.
I disagree that it has its problems.

The only people who complain are those that, for whatever reason, can not comprehend that, if you see " collided with you" and you die, then you died because HE SHOT YOU BEFORE HE RAN INTO YOU.  You took no damage from the collision. Period. End of story.  Not that complicated.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
explanation of collision
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 09:27:59 PM »
Excactly as it should be. You want to be able to hit someone and not have damage ?

I would think that I would yes but as I stated, "It doesn't matter  if they run into the back of me" I go down in flames.

I have never seen anyone go down in flames when they hit me weather I receive a collision notice or not. IT NEVER HAPPENS!

What I'm saying is, even when I don't have a collision message, IE my system didn't see a collision never have I seen someone go down in flames or blow up because they saw a collision from me.
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
explanation of collision
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 10:38:25 PM »
Hitech has explained this just recently and here it is again. The guy that collides with you receives damage and it may not be fatal but he is damaged. You dont die because he collided with you but because you got shot. The collision message is just advisory if you want to look at it that way but it seems your reading to much into it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
explanation of collision
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 11:21:56 PM »
I must cost Dale thousands of dollars every month.....

replacing that wall he must be banging his head against over and over