Author Topic: Why remove the gondola add on for the 109F4  (Read 682 times)

Offline Revor

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Why remove the gondola add on for the 109F4
« on: July 21, 2006, 07:12:44 PM »
Someone told me a while back that there was an option for the b109F4 where you could add on gondola's giving you an extra 150 ammo rounds. Why was this removed?

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 07:37:46 PM »
It was very rare, and of the ones that came with it, most of those were removed by squadrons. Very few 109F's actually used gondolas in combat.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 10:26:24 PM »
They were removed because some newb named Revor smashed his thumb trying to add them on one day! Health hazard you know!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 12:09:05 AM »
Most 109F4s had the standard wing. To use the gondolas you needed a special wing, which was "relatively rare". The F4 we have better represents the fighter role it played in the early war (as opposed to the bomber interception).

Those that had the gondolas used them. No doubt about that. The major gripe about the F series was the lack of firepower. I can't see pilots griping about lack of firepower, having a kit that triples their cannons and then not using it.

Offline Revor

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 04:34:12 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
They were removed because some newb named Revor smashed his thumb trying to add them on one day! Health hazard you know!

Now why are you dissing me and I posted a legitimate thread? If this doesnt get see rule no.4 then I know there is definitely something wrong here. Seeing this is a "small community" I am not surprised at all
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 04:39:56 AM by Revor »

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 04:35:56 AM »
Originally posted by Revor
Now why are you dissing me and I posted a legitimate thread? If this doesnt get see rule no.4 then I know there is definitely something wrong here. Seeing this is a "small community" I am not surprised at all

ROFL..

and the no sense of humour award goes to....
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Revor

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 04:39:36 AM »
Originally posted by Furball
ROFL..

and the no sense of humour award goes to....

Oh now I dont have no sense of humor but when I post something you people act like its that time of the month? Whatever man.

Offline Revor

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 04:41:00 AM »
I have a lot of sense of humor in fact I have tons of it. I just dont like the fact that my posts get deleted and you people get to say whatever you want. Hey if Skuzzy gives me the same opportunities that he gives to you people then I'm all for the jokes.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 05:51:28 AM »
except revor, he was joking, and now you aren't.

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 05:54:37 AM »
Revor, I am in no way "dissing" you(although I should for your use of the word dissing)!  The smashing your thumb part of the comment is most obviously used to bring humor to this post as it is utterly without but needing some!  The reason I injected the humor, albeit a lame attempt from my own standards, was because, like the boy who cried wolf, I just thought you were trolling yet again!  If I did add a legitimate statement to this post it would be that "gondies suck" and totally ruined the manuverability of the aircraft in question! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 09:19:16 AM »
wow revor, lighten up. BIG SMILE!
Army of Muppets

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 09:22:15 AM »
[OT]
A wetrat may be a beaver, but a beaver is a Canadian sheep. :D
[/OT]

Yeah, I know. I had to. Carry on. :noid
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 10:12:45 AM »
with the improved 109f, gonds would be fun now
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Worship

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 01:39:26 PM »
I agree with all you sayed in your posts Revor.
GL and dont forget to push the Anti-Flame button!!!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Why remove the gondola add on for the 109F4
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 02:24:55 PM »
Someone told me a while back that there was an option for the b109F4 where you could add on gondola's giving you an extra 150 ammo rounds. Why was this removed?

It' kinda like asking for the 4 cannon Spitfire Vc.  Just because a plane had the option doesn't mean it was something that was used much, if at all.

So does it make sense for the game?  Right now the 'fad' seems to be to have as many cannons as possible and shoot everyone in the face with em.  Note all the Hurri IIcs flying in AH, or the guys taking C-Hogs.    Imagine if HTC gave us the Spit Vc with those 4 cannons.   Even better I can show you photos of a Spitfire VIII with 4 cannons that was used operationally.  Should we have that too?  

Again it comes down to what makes sense for the game.   The most commonly used 109F didn't use gonolas, just like the most commonly used Spitfire Vs didn't carry 4 cannons.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters