Author Topic: Frame rate  (Read 970 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Frame rate
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 06:08:22 AM »
68Ripper, it soulds like the video card is overheating.  Screen artifacts when running the Catalyst control centers test is not a good sign.  

If it does it at a cold start, I would say it is either power related or the video card is bad.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
Frame rate
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 06:29:42 AM »
I shutdown the computer for a while then rebooted and it was fine again. Must have been overheating - like me in this heat wave we are having. Help me I'm melting!

Anyway Krusty I'll give that a shot sometime this evening when the wife (who knows more about computers0 gets home from work.

Thanks Skuzzy, Krusty and the rest, I'll keep ya posted if anymore problems arise.
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
Frame rate
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 08:58:19 AM »
skuzzy,are you saying that RUNDLL32.exe should be disabled?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Frame rate
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 09:08:54 AM »
No, not at all.  There are legitimate reasons for rundll32.exe to be running, but it is also how many spyware/malware/worms/virus's hide.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Frame rate
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 09:10:33 AM »
Does windows have the equivelant "ps -A" command one can run to see all processes, even hidden?

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
Frame rate
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 09:32:56 AM »
thx skuzzy

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
Frame rate
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 06:25:05 AM »
OK thanks all for the help guys, everything is now working well now that the Temp has cooled off! Apparrently it was overheating due to the heat wave we had here (and no aircon). My frame rates are still at 60 but in my main gun view in a tank they are now up to 40-50 and the movement is a smoother.

Appreciate all who took time out of their day to help! :aok
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Frame rate
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 10:34:08 PM »
Your frame rates are prolly capped at 60fps because you have a lcd screen , people that say their getting 100fps prolly use a crt monitor with higher refresh rate caps . To be honest , im quite suprised that your not having power supply issues with that 7800gs , usually store bought pc's dont have alot of extra power from their psu's to play with .

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Frame rate
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2006, 11:04:43 PM »
a 7800GS card requires a minimum of 350 watt power supply.  Says it right on the box and in the instructions.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
Frame rate
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 10:08:49 AM »
Well It seems to be working just fine as long as the Temp in the house stays down, now that it has cooled off I haven't had any issues with it. Maybe I'll switch to the CRT as I do have one I'm not currently using.
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Frame rate
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2006, 10:12:57 AM »
to be honest with ya, not having a the required amount of watt will cause the system to overheat as u are working the PS to its max all the time which in turn will fail alot quicker then having a 500 watt power supply.  What happens when u overloar the PS is the voltage regulators on the MB will adjust to your voltage drop on PS when u overload it.  This inturn generates more heat not only on the PS but on the MB, Ram chips, and the Video card.  It all gets magnified.  This only a suggestion to you so U don't have more problems down the road.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/