Author Topic: This game sucks - For a Panzer driver  (Read 1785 times)

OneMan

This game sucks - For a Panzer driver
« on: May 11, 2000, 08:27:00 PM »
Drive for 15-30 minutes to get to an airfiled just to have some mega-loser tower squatter take off in his spitfire ak kill you in one pass with guns??????????????????????????????????????

What is this BS?

Why do vehicles show up on sector activity radar???????????? give us a fair chance to have some fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get rid of vehilce icons!!!!! and get rid of the obvious "black splotch" that represents your tank on the ground. Hell it is easier to my tank that a C47 at 50 feet off the deck!

Is this what HTC envisioned when they created ground vehicles?

I hope not....

OneMan

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2000, 08:29:00 PM »
I meant it's easier to spot a tank than a c47 at 50 feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2000, 08:32:00 PM »
Talk to Mighty1 about tanking... he seems to have a completely different opinion on the matter (as do many others).

Not saying that I completely disagree with you, but I have managed to hit quite a few bases alone and unmolested. Still, driving (or flying) 20-30 minutes to get somewhere does not guarantee the pilot the right to attack unhindered.  

funked

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2000, 08:39:00 PM »
The sector counters for tanks are ridiculous.

Not to mention the "dot for the visually impaired" which gives away your location from miles awya.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2000, 08:54:00 PM »

Originally posted by funked:
Not to mention the "dot for the visually impaired" which gives away your location from miles awya.

hehe, I think the long distance "splotches" need to go even for airplanes. I like the WB's style of this. The "splotches" cheapen the in-depth feeling of the game.

[This message has been edited by hblair (edited 05-11-2000).]

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2000, 09:11:00 PM »
I have had a lot of success with tanks at airfields.  Just ask the Bish!  Just drive like a madman to one of their aircraft hangers, then park it inside.  Ack does nothing to a Pz IV, and nme aircraft will contribute to the destruction of their hangers.  From there wreak unholy havoc, blasting at anything in sight.

However, I did hear that HT was going to do something about the long distance dots of vehicles.  Heck, you can spot those further out than you can an aircraft!

------------------

leonid, Komandir
5 GIAP VVS RKKA

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."

[This message has been edited by leonid (edited 05-11-2000).]
ingame: Raz

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2000, 10:53:00 PM »
what do we need?

REMOVE ENEMY ICONS FOR LOW FLYING AIRCRAFT AND VEHICLES!!!!
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2000, 11:36:00 PM »
While I agree that there is nothing like a F4U to spoil a tank battle. We do have to remember that we are in a Flight sim. That being said I do very much enjoy tanking it.
However, I would dearly love any one of the following options.

A No planes arena with special terrain built for tanks & halftracks. Keep it close, fewer hills, more "Small" ridges.

B Low clouds in a large front slowly moveing from west to east.Could vary from say 500' off the deck,up to 5k, thickness could vary from  1k to 5k thick.  This would give the tanks some cover from the high flying planes.

C FOG! or in other words, thick clouds on the deck.  Little or no visibilty, planes would have a very hard time rolling & getting up without running into something. Tanks should have 100 feet visibility or so.

D Halftrack with quad 20mm's, sorry but the m16 is pretty much just a target. Or, do a towed AA piece that has 2 or 4 20mm. Could be
placed by a panzer or halftrack. Then sits there & provides Air cover.

E 88mm Arty/Flak, bombers have gotten to the point where they reverse endlessly dropping bombs. Give us something that will shoot more than 1.2k. Manned preferably, but if not then AI.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2000, 02:44:00 AM »
<Waves from the cockpit of his FW190   >

PLease Switch to am M16, it makes the jobe even more easy   <g>
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2000, 02:52:00 AM »
Cit I know what your after...why dont you say it..
You want to get rid of not just low Icons but...ALL ICONS. your just trying to get a foot in the door....

Hans

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2000, 03:58:00 AM »
Add treelines.

Check out what I mean in M1 Tank Platoon 2.  Sprite treelines that you may drive and shoot thru, but cannot see thru very well.

Add a lot of them.

Hanz.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2000, 08:25:00 AM »
You can take a base by yourself in a tank but all it takes is 1 F4u-1c to ruin your day.

I do have to agree with OneMan that it doesn't seem right that an AC can kill you in 1 pass without bombs or rockets.

I was part of the attack on Rook HQ last night that got completely wiped out by 1 F4(Cobra).

Granted Cobra is a good pilot but come on.. 1 AC taking out 4 or 5 tanks in 1 flight without bombs or rockets?

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals
"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Oosik

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2000, 08:43:00 AM »
Hey Mighty1 - when I came back the second time in a M16 (as did one other airsid I think) we ran cobra out of ammo and he RTB on us.  May be just give them 20 or 30 rounds of death dealing ammo or make so that it takes more than one or two pings.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2000, 08:46:00 AM »
This problem is two-fold, and unfortunatley there's grumbling from more than a few players than accounts may be canceled due to the following:

Cannons on F4U-1C are much too powerful.

Icons on tanks are too easy to spot.

Would be nice to get a status of what HTC plans to do about this in the future, so those compelled to cancel have something to hang hope on, or no hope for that matter.

HaHa

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2000, 01:02:00 PM »
Don't know if you guy snoticed this but HT is putting an anti-aircraft MG on tanks now.