Author Topic: What’s Wrong With the Democrats?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
What’s Wrong With the Democrats?
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2006, 01:21:24 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Hmm.... This is twice from you.

Care to give any concrete examples or are you satisfied with your own fiction?

I'm not the only one saying it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/01/AR2006080101332.html?nav=rss_politics/congress

Top Democrats are increasingly concerned that they lack an effective plan to turn out voters this fall, creating tension among party leaders and prompting House Democrats to launch a fundraising effort aimed exclusively at mobilizing Democratic partisans.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2006, 01:26:15 PM »
the message i get from the photo is the fact that they can now drag the head down the street without getting shot. The fact they may have hated him is a sidebar given the fact that if there was a statue of Bush in some of those Iraqi towns, I think in some cases his head would be dragged through the streets. The diff being is that they now have that freedom.
The problem is many of them haven't figured that one out yet ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2006, 01:39:01 PM »
The message I'm getting is that our educational system has failed this young man in regards to the 3 R's.

Offline ujustdied

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2006, 02:08:30 PM »
are u talking about me??? what are the 3 Rs?????

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2006, 02:13:35 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
The message I'm getting is that our educational system has failed this young man in regards to the 3 R's.

arent you a teacher?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2006, 02:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by ujustdied
personally the democrats are the stupidest people( the ones running for office) i mean this guy on the colbert report was like" ohh well we need to go tell bush how it is and some 1 needs to stand up for the democrats and we need to take away the troops in iraq and let them defend for them selves". lmao this is what he was saying. personaly i think bush is great for what he has done. the freaking liberals are stupid prettythanges and need to learn how to run something. all they want is our freaking money. the next thing i hate about them is that they always say that there going to fix something and how everything is all wonderfull. but u know they never even once say how there going to do it. lol they never say what there golden idea is. thats why there logo fits perfect. they are a bunch of jack prettythangses.

If you believe this, you sir, well, I feel sorry for you.  News Flash Reps and Dems don't give a rat's arse about us.   Neither party accomplishes anything.  It is nothing but a "big boy's club" where the rich will always get richer regardless of who get's elected.  

To elaborate.  Take Former Michigan Governor John Engler (R).  He didn't do watermelon for 12 years.   Roads really went to chit, but here we are getting tax hikes to "repair the roads" that were never getting repaired.    Now we have Jennifer Granholm (D), not only is she a French-Canadian, but she is also as useless as ti*s on a boar.    However, she HAS BEEN repairing the chittiest roads and highways in the Union.   Bottom line, both parties blow, and to not recognize it is a definate oversight.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline PonyDriver

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2006, 02:42:22 PM »
How's about backing up to where Bush Sr. met with the Iranians in France, negotiating with them in order that they keep the hostages hostage until after the election?

The above rumor was originally tossed around by tinfoil hat wearing leftists and never substantiated. Nash, you are either misinformed or knowingly spreading lies to try to bolster an already weak position.  

Now put your hat back in the closet, post something with substance for a change instead of your usual  leftist unfounded propaganda, or just go away.

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2006, 03:30:19 PM »
yes Repubs and Dems both  are crappy

Its just Dems want to ruin our country much faster

Limp Wristed Linguine Spinned Liberals

other wise known  as a .."Lamar Latrel"

Offline PonyDriver

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2006, 03:51:03 PM »
As a conservative, I'd like to argue with you, BGB, but on some fronts I cannot.  I do not feel the current administration represents  my views on things like domestic policy, including the economy and our borders. Bush had the majority in the house and the senate and got very little done on some subjects.... unforgiveable.

Bush purported to be a conservative on these issues but i do not feel he has followed thru.  I'm disappointed

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2006, 04:29:55 PM »
Nash,

Here is your first challenge, tell me about how you were so convinced John Kerry was going to win the election against G.W. Bush with your superior intellect and understanding of our political system.

That is just one of many times you have wildly wrong on this board.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2006, 04:50:18 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
The same thing that's wrong with both parties. They have both gone to the extremes and there is no middle to vote for.

Pretty dang close to my view as well Six.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2006, 04:51:49 PM »
LOU Dobbs has a solid editorial on the piss-poor Democrats (and piss-poor Republicans but mainly Democrats) at CNN:

The Democratic Party has played a major role in helping to pass legislation that is grossly injurious to middle-class Americans and their families. This Congress, Republican-led with complicit Democrats, has cut $13 billion in college-student aid, passed numerous free-trade agreements that threaten good-paying jobs and approved an unconscionable bankruptcy law written by credit-card companies that is nothing less than a federal government heel in the neck of American families bankrupted by catastrophic illness and crushing medical bills.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/01/dobbs.August2/index.html

Charon

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2006, 04:58:27 PM »
Originally posted by Charon
LOU Dobbs has a solid editorial on the piss-poor Democrats (and piss-poor Republicans but mainly Democrats) at CNN:

Charon

Good article.

Thanks
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by PonyDriver
The above rumor was originally tossed around by tinfoil hat wearing leftists and never substantiated. Nash, you are either misinformed or knowingly spreading lies to try to bolster an already weak position.  

Now put your hat back in the closet, post something with substance for a change instead of your usual  leftist unfounded propaganda, or just go away.

Representatives of Reagan did indeed negotiate with Iranians before the election.  That is a fact.  What's not clear is whether any deal was reached.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 05:07:40 PM by FUNKED1 »

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2006, 05:31:57 PM »
Negotiations between presidential candidates and foreign diplomats is nothing out of the ordinary.  It happens every presidential election year.  These heads of state use the meetings as an opportunity to try to get a handle on what to expect from the candidate IF he is elected.

Sure the meetings took place.  No question about it.  But Captain Kangaroo's accusations have never been verified.  The Carter administration investigated them briefly and evidently found them to be baseless, for the matter was dropped.

Some of the very people who so strongly poo-pooed the rumors and conspiracy theories that surrounded Clinton are more than ready and eager to believe this one about the Sr. Bush.

This is just one more example of the Democrats refusing to squarely face their own shortcomings.  They console themselves with strong delusion;  We didn't actually LOSE that election, we were the victims of a conspiracy!"

Sound familiar?