Author Topic: Can HTC eliminate external view on Ar234 and Mosquito.  (Read 2838 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Can HTC eliminate external view on Ar234 and Mosquito.
« on: August 24, 2001, 09:37:00 PM »
All this time I thought the Ar234 had no external view like the bombers with numerous gun positions, but it does.

I can see no reasonable cause for the Ar234 to have the full 3d external view. It was only a single seater with no rear view save the periscope which had an extremly  narrow field of wiew at best.

So lets ask for HTC to remove external view from the Ar234 in the realese of 108.

As for the Mosquito its very similar to the Ar234. It had a 2 man crew who sat within inches of each other and had no view down under the bomber. There is absolutely no visibility difference compared to AH fighters.

So lets ask HTC to eliminate the 3D external view from the Mosquito before release in 108.

Now we know that HTC took out unrealistic outside 3D views for the  GVs, many people on the BBS were intially fearful of this change but now it has nearly unanimous support.

Lets face it the only reason ever given to justify unrealistic bomber 3D external views was to simulate many  viewpoints from numerous defensive gun positions. Well nither the Ar234 or Mosquito have any such postions or any other crew areas save a fighter like cockpit and they shouldnt have these 3D external views.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2001, 09:39:00 PM »
BTW Oh yes I have no HTC stement whether Mosquito has 3D outside view but Im sure it will because the Ar234 has it too. So lets just stick to the merits of the issue.

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2001, 10:04:00 PM »
Agreed, GRUN.

But when do we get periscope guns in Ar234?  :)

Regards,
Mitsu

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2001, 10:07:00 PM »
The Mosquito shown is a Fighter/Bomber, it has no bomb sight, and I assume that HTC would not model it with an outside view.

As for the Ar234, it would be real neat to get the periscope working.

I agree that the Mosquito and Ar234 shouldn't have an outside view.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2001, 10:25:00 PM »

[ 08-25-2001: Message edited by: skernsk ]

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2001, 10:37:00 PM »
Well thats what my 2nd post is about skernsk, basically HTC doesnt say there is or isnt 3D view in the Mosquito, but since, as I found out today and very much to my shock, the Ar234 has it it seems 100% certain the Mosquito will too.

Anyway its very unrealistic to the extreme and cant even bte justified by the standard AH buff 3D view reasoning of many gun positions.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2001, 12:15:00 AM »
Nah it wont have external view.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2001, 12:59:00 AM »
Nash where did you get your information? Was it from HTC?

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2001, 01:07:00 AM »
Its primary rolewill be fighter/bomber  more than likely, and will not have an external view. Why dont we just wait and see what HTC does, and when. :) it may not be with the next revision for that matter, however it it might. If I was a LW type like GH, I would be lobbying about the Fwd firing ordinance of this beast :)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2001, 02:12:00 AM »
Heh..sorry Grun had to delete post because of my sig there :)  

I think that the plane will have an external view also.  I don't know if it will and I don't know if it will be a problem.  Case in point is the IL2.  It has an external view, but that doesn't make it any better IMHO all that means is the IL2 pilot knows he's dead and can watch it happen.

I am very happy that the Mosquito is arriving in 1.08 as well as the Hurricane.  I don't think either will unbalance the arena.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2001, 02:46:00 AM »
No - why would they tell me anything? I'm just hoping  because I'm bored of all the excuses whenever guys get killed... and I don't wanna hear it when my Mossie wreaks havoc on yer sorry arse.  :D Look at you, yer practically making excuses now before you even know. And who the hell has shot anything down in external view anyway? Pathetic. You fear Canadians... admit it. I am gonna make sure you get a nice taste of B.C. lumber just for this sorry display of preemptive sniveling.

Bite on my two by four.

Submit to the power of the Mossie. It is bigger than all of us. You will be owned. Eh!

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2001, 04:55:00 AM »
Guys, the external view settings are set via the arena settings I think. I can't see them giving the Mozzy an external view.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2001, 06:24:00 AM »
So nobody here objects to the Ar234 and Mosquito not having an external 3D view when version 108 comes out?

What is HTC opinion on this matter?

Offline watjen

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2001, 06:36:00 AM »
The Mossie is a FB. Mk VI.

FB = Fighter-Bomber.

No fighter bomber capable aircraft in AH have external, I don't expect the mossie to either.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2001, 06:47:00 AM »
What about the TBM Avenger, and the B-26.   Both of them drop bombs and they are not too bad for fighting, especially the TBM.

Les
SC-Bama