Author Topic: Convergence  (Read 1438 times)

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Convergence
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2006, 05:21:43 PM »
now u mention it, i dont think he was, but I managed several kills in the DA and they were evading.
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Convergence
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2006, 06:01:42 PM »
My own preference is everything set to 250, except the 1940 birds which i set at  200.  For me atleast this will down fighters with a short burst, which is what i'm after.

Macleod try shooting at the drones offline, from various angles + speeds.  I do that every now and then, it does help.  I started flying the 109 a couple of weeks ago i went offline to get used to the bullet drop, which is very different to the hispano 20mm on planes i usually fly.  If i haven't flown for a while i'll usually fly offline for 20 mins to get my aim back.   A trick i use when i haven't flown for a while is to make a conscious effort to  pull twice as much lead as i think i need to apply.  Give it a go if you are having trouble aiming.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Convergence
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »
Thanks for the tip, i'll try that. Btw is there anyway to change the drones?
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Convergence
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2006, 03:13:30 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Not very.

Remember that when you are set for long convergence, if you get a close shot your hits will be spread out and less effective.

Practicing with .target and various sights can abate scatter issues and you can hit anything at almost any reasonible distance using the sights. Knowing where the best scatter patterns are, which you can test using .target, can help a-lot.
 When it works, even 4 imaginary .50 cals will tear a foe cartoon to bits.

After about 5 min of .target aiming, I came up with a sight picture not unlike this:
@200 bottom line
400 center dot
600 top of sight.

My 9.513 hit% is still poor, but it's 100% better than it was.

Its really a shame there's zero humidity & no wind.

edit: the 600 & 200 are reversed, but im too lazy to fix it.. the concept is the same. You can also color code / modify your sights adding your own visual cues..
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 03:22:50 PM by x0847Marine »