Author Topic: Anyone Interested In Some Serious Corsair Practice?  (Read 621 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Anyone Interested In Some Serious Corsair Practice?
« on: August 14, 2006, 01:49:48 AM »
I am looking for a partner or partners who would be game for going a number of ammo loads with me in the TA with various models of the F4U Corsair.  I'm making a transition to new equipment, and am having a very frustrating time in the process.  It really is amazing just how much one takes the edge of a plane for granted.

Whereas before my transition started, I felt I had a fairly good grasp of the aircraft and how to swing its nose around, keep it from stalling (or, better yet, get it to stall like I *want it* to), and make it hover around like a UFO, I now feel like a wallowing pig.

I'm pretty determined to get back to my pre-transition comfort with the plane.  The only way to get there, however, is practice.

I am willing to work with just about anyone, regardless of skill level.  If you are very much better then me, then you will make me push myself to relearn this aircraft's edge, while you, at least, will get good aiming practice.  If I am very much better than you, I will make you push yourself to learn this aircraft's edge, and I'll get some much needed aiming practice.  If you're better then me, I'll learn tricks, and if I'm better then you, you'll learn tricks.  This will undoubtedly be a win/win for both of us.

The TA is really the best place for this, as we can just keep on going until we run out of ammo, and have options.  We can break off when someone gets a "kill" and remerge, or we can just keep on going and get some great practice in at flying and handling the plane SLOW.  I'm fine with either option, or a combination of the two.

I will be available for the next few weeks (about until right before the Labor Day Holiday) for a few hours after 7:00pm or so EST.  After that I'm back to college and, well, good grades are more important to me then good AH2 skills, so my flying time will plummet.  I want to get comfortable with this new equipment before that, if possible, so that when I log in during the school year I'm logging in to ease some frustration and not add to it.  I've got my work cut out for me there ;)

If anyone's interested, let's set up some times and get a schedule going.

S! and Thanks,

- oh - and if anyone out there thinks a Corsair is an easy-mode plane, try changing your rudder system, and see how well that works out for you :D
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 02:28:41 AM »
You know where to find me :).

PS: I *know* how you feel. Took me three weeks to feel halway normal again after getting my X45.... months to really get used to it.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 05:52:54 AM »
vudak i just got back, i'd be happy to fly a few sorties with you :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 05:58:11 AM »
Heya John, will be glad to fly some with ya if I can catch ya online, see if we can hurry the process up before college starts back for you.........

~S~
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 08:54:11 AM »
Thanks for the replies, everyone :)

Well, I plan on being in the TA for at least an hour or so each night now.  At the very least, I can work on my tailslide alone, as that's a good chunk of the battle.

If I see any of you in there, I'll give ya a holler.

!
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 12:10:22 PM »
vudak, count me in...again.lol. ill be lookin for ya.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 08:10:39 PM »
Would really like to learn the F4U as well Vudak....I'll play target drone for ya.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline shooter1cac

• Zinc Member
      • http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3707/sapplf6.jpg
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 08:26:55 PM »
Vudak I fly the hog 99% of the time. Don't mean I'm good in it but I'll be more than happy to try and catch you in game when I'm off work and we can go to the TA. I need the practice as well!

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 10:39:59 AM »
I would love to work with you -- I've been flying the -1 lots, but dont have the feel I want for it, especially in disadvantaged situations. I would love to learn the ropes from you, and while I'm not an ace by any means I can hold my own in a fight.....

When do you log in for your hour, usually?

Simaril
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 12:38:09 PM »
I can usually be on from anywhere between 6:30 and 11:00 pm EST on weeknights.  It varies from day to day, but I can get in there if there's a particularly good time for you in that range.

Just let me know.

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 01:20:18 PM »
Vudak, that places me on the weekend schedule. Thats 10:30 pm - 7 am CET..... I wouldnt do you much good at those times.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 12:30:45 PM »
I'd be interested in learning the f4u's,seem like good a/c to fly

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 12:57:49 PM »
Yah creton why dont you get started on that

;0

Balsy