Author Topic: Iran will not suspend atomic work, says official  (Read 1373 times)

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
Iran will not suspend atomic work, says official
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 01:32:55 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
From what I understand... it will just slow them down 3-5 years.

it stopped iraq`s a-bomb program. why wouldn`t it stop iran`s?

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 01:37:48 PM »
Originally posted by ~Caligula~
nah dude...this conflict is about land.

Nice spin. Trying to get rid of the religious aspect to the conflict must be an way to get rid of your extremist "stamp". Even so, if its truly about land, then you guys still are the aggressors, still occopying land that is not yours.

Maybe you should try to retreat to your own borders, remove the illigall settlements etc. And things might get better.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 01:44:36 PM »
Originally posted by whels
B2's  droping multiple MOABs :) or the 5k bunker busters

Clasic bunker busters don't penetrate deep enough

Depth of Penetration War head designation Weapon Systems
Penetration of reinforced concrete: 1.8 m (6 ft) BLU-109 Penetrator (Mark 84 bomb) GBU-10, GBU-15, GBU-24, GBU-27, AGM-130
Penetration of reinforced concrete: 3.4 m (11 ft) BLU-116 Advanced Unitary Penetrator (AUP) GBU-15, GBU-24, GBU-27, AGM-130
Penetration of reinforced concrete: 3.4 m (11 ft) BLU-118/B Thermobaric Warhead GBU-15, GBU-24, AGM-130
Penetration of reinforced concrete: more than 6 m (20 ft) BLU-113 Super Penetrator GBU-28, GBU-37
[edit]
Fuzing

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 01:56:12 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac
Nice spin. Trying to get rid of the religious aspect to the conflict must be an way to get rid of your extremist "stamp". Even so, if its truly about land, then you guys still are the aggressors, still occopying land that is not yours.

Maybe you should try to retreat to your own borders, remove the illigall settlements etc. And things might get better.

just tell me what do u consider "our own borders"?
in case it`s the 1967 borders, u should go find a palestinian and ask what is he`s take on this.
give up ur hopes for israelis commiting mass scuicide just to please the arabs and ur kind. we`re here,we`ll stay and if we have to go down, we`ll go down swinging.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2006, 01:58:05 PM »
give up ur hopes for israelis commiting mass scuicide just to please the arabs and ur kind. we`re here,we`ll stay and if we have to go down, we`ll go down swinging.

My hopes for Israelis committing mass suicide? where did you get that from? By the sound of your last post, you dont even want peace.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 02:14:40 PM by Maniac »

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2006, 02:28:31 PM »
Originally posted by ~Caligula~
it stopped iraq`s a-bomb program. why wouldn`t it stop iran`s?

This is not 1981.

Iran's facilities (which it insists are for peaceful purposes) are at the far edge of combat range for Israel's aircraft; They're also widely dispersed and, in many cases, deep underground.

But America certainly could do it—and has given the idea some serious thought. "The U.S. capability to make a mess of Iran's nuclear infrastructure is formidable," says veteran Mideast analyst Geoffrey Kemp. "The question is, what then?" NEWSWEEK has learned that the CIA and DIA have war-gamed the likely consequences of a U.S. pre-emptive strike on Iran's nuclear facilities. No one liked the outcome. As an Air Force source tells it, "The war games were unsuccessful at preventing the conflict from escalating."

MSNBC source
sand

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2006, 02:58:12 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac
My hopes for Israelis committing mass suicide? where did you get that from? By the sound of your last post, you dont even want peace.

to go with your proposal on peace would be scuicidal for israel.
israel pulled out of gaza. since rockets are flying out of gaza aimed at israei civilians.
why should i belive that if we had given them the west bank,they wouldn`t use it as another launch-pad to try to kill us? the int. airport of israel is just a few miles away from the `67 border. it`d be shut down for business a day after the pals took over.
and another small detail that might have missed your attention: the palestinian`s elected government`s (hamas) main goal is the destruction of the state of israel.

i do want peace, but that peace must include us living here. as i see the islamic numbnuts who are calling for the destruction of israel, would be happy if this land was reduced back to a desert and totally uninhabited, as long there are no jews here.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2006, 03:34:56 PM »
Imho it wouldnt be an bad move by Israel to show some intent in giving some land back. Give the palestinians chance to move around without passing 50 checkpoints an day. We all know why the settlements exists, and that is crowd controll.

You have an unedjucated people, an extremly poor people, an people who has nothing to live for, an people who lives in fear of bulldozers and tanks taking their homes away, and you wonder why hamas gains support?

The bombing of the Libanese infrastructure comes to mind, setting them back 10 yrs economically... I find this peculliar. Instead of supporting the economy of the surrounding countries, bombarding them with cell phones, sattillite dishes, laptops with satillite internet access, sending teachers etc to get people educated to form their own oppinion about issues. But instead it seems like isaels main mission is to keep these people living in the middle ages (midieaval ages perhaps).

If i was an palestinian,. and my home was taken from me. I certainly would be fighting you. Or if my brother or sister, father mother or friend was killed by you. As much as you would im sure.

I may sound Pro arabic, but im really not, i dont take any sides in this, but that wont keep me from speaking my mind, no matter if you deem me anti-semetic or not. I just hate the "Your either with us or against us" mentallity that hit us after 9/11 that im sick of it.

An big part of my familly got killed in the concentration camps in poland, if that counts for anything. So no im not an Jew hater, or want to see you all dead.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2006, 04:46:31 PM »
Imho it wouldnt be an bad move by Israel to show some intent in giving some land back. Give the palestinians chance to move around without passing 50 checkpoints an day.

Israel has given land back, Sinai noodleula, Gaza Strip. Giving back the Gaza Strip has done nothing for the peace process that I can see. The IDF was attacked as they were pulling out, now Gaza is just another place for Muslim extremists to launch attacks on Israel.

The check points wouldnt be necessary if the suicide bombers and such would stop.

*edit* And the Sinai is just another route for weapons to be smuggled into Gaza now. Giving land back hasnt been all that good for Israel. At this point, it's time for the Palestinians to show some good faith and stop the attacks, but that wont happen.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 04:48:38 PM by Elfie »
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2006, 08:41:39 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Story through Yahoo news, indicated that iran just denied inspectors access to their enrichment facility. I'm sure the forthcoming nasty letter from the UN will set them straight. It worked for north korea so well.

UN to do what?  Sanctions to set them straight !?  Iran has  been living  over 27 years under US sanctions, they don't care about UN or US sanctions

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »
Bush wouldn't flinch at a pre-emptive strike if Iran goes anywhere near giving him a reason to do so. He still wants to impress his dad.

(just my opinion)

Personally .. I hope Israel drives thru Lebanon right up to the opposite border ..and declares it occupied territory.. come take it back if you've got balls enough or STFU .. but .. that's just me.

It's been proven over and over that Israel needs a buffer zone.
Istrael should make one.
Permanent.
Coupla hundred miles in every direction would prolly work.
Legible signs marking it ..'buffer zone, enter at your own peril'
Foreign policy should be clear and direct: ie: You shoot at us, we SHOOT BACK ..at you, your family, your town, your dog, *anyone* in your blast radius.. cause dood .. yer ground zero.

-GE -evil grin-
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2006, 09:10:54 PM »
Originally posted by Grayeagle
Foreign policy should be clear and direct: ie: You shoot at us, we SHOOT BACK ..at you, your family, your town, your dog, *anyone* in your blast radius.. cause dood .. yer ground zero.

-GE -evil grin-

I believe that's the russian way of handling.

Back when the extremists in Iran grabbed the US embassy, they also grabbed a few Russian Nationals and Diplomats in the process.

Within the day, the KGB had agents in Iran, seeking out those responsible.

A day afterwards, some of the extremists got something from their wives, children and mothers.  One of their hands, all gift wrapped.

Within hours, the russian hostages were released.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"