Author Topic: r there any rules?  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Ghost Rider

• Zinc Member
Re: r there any rules?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 07:05:49 PM »
Originally posted by taylortanklover
r there any rules to aces high??

Yep, I wondered the same thing. I've only been here a couple of weeks, and it seems nobody will tell you what the rules are, but I think I figured a few of them out. I have learned them by watching others, and these rules seem to be the ones the majority follow, with very few exceptions. Since I've been using them, they really seem to work.

Ok here goes, Ghost Riders AH Dicta:

1) Always attack the enemy that has the most friendlies on its six.
2) Always fly in the biggest crowd of friendlies you can find.
3) Always fly directly at the nearest enemy and open fire at 1000 yards until all your ammo is gone or the enemy explodes.
4) Always shoot at wounded or damaged enemy aircraft first, it takes less ammo to kill them.
5) Given a choice of run or fight, always run, you can come back and fight when rule 1 applies.
6) When attacked, always run to the nearest field town or CV and circle in the ack until enemy is dead or goes away.
7) Aircraft you kill on the ground are worth ten that you kill in the air.
8) Always ignore aircraft that are airborne, if there are aircraft on the runway to shoot, remember rule 6.
9) Always fly the fastest aircraft your perks will buy, helps with rule 5.
10) Never engage an enemy aircraft unless it is already turning with a friendly.
11) Never look behind, it distracts you from shooting, see rule 3.
12) Always tune to 200 and if you get shot down immediately type, phone, wife ack, or say your kid sister was flying.
13) When you shoot someone on the runway, always send a remember rule 6.
14) Never ever send a unless rule 13 applies.
15) When you shoot someone down in the air using rule 3 it is compulsory to try and shoot them as they re-up... remember rule 6.
16) If there are enemy aircraft around, throw in a few random check six calls, it helps keep everyone alert.
17) Never check six anyone really being attacked, the enemy will only break off before you have chance to shoot it, and the friendly will only try to steal your kill.
18) If your aircraft is fatally wounded, always bail before you auger.
19) Any kill you steal, is worth ten that you don't, so always fly close to pilots you know can't shoot as good as you.
20) Last but not least, always drink when you fly, you need at least one beer per sortie, and you will fly much better after several sorties... which just proves practice really does pay.

Well those are just the few things I've noticed in the very short time I've been flying, and they seem to really work for the vast majority of players.

Good luck.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
r there any rules?
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 07:22:09 PM »
Lol Ghostrider :rofl That's somewhat remminicent of Manx's rules :)

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
r there any rules?
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 09:21:22 PM »
Ghost Rider. What are you? A comedian?  :rofl :rofl :rofl  Good stuff. U one clever guy.:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Re: Re: r there any rules?
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 11:21:59 PM »
Originally posted by Ghost Rider
Yep, I wondered the same thing. I've only been here a couple of weeks, and it seems nobody will tell you what the rules are, but I think I figured a few of them out. I have learned them by watching others, and these rules seem to be the ones the majority follow, with very few exceptions. Since I've been using them, they really seem to work.

Ok here goes, Ghost Riders AH Dicta:

1) Always attack the enemy that has the most friendlies on its six.
2) Always fly in the biggest crowd of friendlies you can find.
3) Always fly directly at the nearest enemy and open fire at 1000 yards until all your ammo is gone or the enemy explodes.
4) Always shoot at wounded or damaged enemy aircraft first, it takes less ammo to kill them.
5) Given a choice of run or fight, always run, you can come back and fight when rule 1 applies.
6) When attacked, always run to the nearest field town or CV and circle in the ack until enemy is dead or goes away.
7) Aircraft you kill on the ground are worth ten that you kill in the air.
8) Always ignore aircraft that are airborne, if there are aircraft on the runway to shoot, remember rule 6.
9) Always fly the fastest aircraft your perks will buy, helps with rule 5.
10) Never engage an enemy aircraft unless it is already turning with a friendly.
11) Never look behind, it distracts you from shooting, see rule 3.
12) Always tune to 200 and if you get shot down immediately type, phone, wife ack, or say your kid sister was flying.
13) When you shoot someone on the runway, always send a remember rule 6.
14) Never ever send a unless rule 13 applies.
15) When you shoot someone down in the air using rule 3 it is compulsory to try and shoot them as they re-up... remember rule 6.
16) If there are enemy aircraft around, throw in a few random check six calls, it helps keep everyone alert.
17) Never check six anyone really being attacked, the enemy will only break off before you have chance to shoot it, and the friendly will only try to steal your kill.
18) If your aircraft is fatally wounded, always bail before you auger.
19) Any kill you steal, is worth ten that you don't, so always fly close to pilots you know can't shoot as good as you.
20) Last but not least, always drink when you fly, you need at least one beer per sortie, and you will fly much better after several sorties... which just proves practice really does pay.

Well those are just the few things I've noticed in the very short time I've been flying, and they seem to really work for the vast majority of players.

Good luck.

Lmao:rofl :rofl :rofl

But seriously be more serious next time we are trying to help people here. Not give them bad advice. But its funny.:lol
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline taylortanklover

• Nickel Member
r there any rules?
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 08:07:56 AM »
:rofl :rofl the only reason it is funny is that u keep pointing back to a rule that has nothing to do with the current advice!:lol :rofl And u say the same rule over and over again sometimes! :rofl :rofl :lol :rofl :lol

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Re: r there any rules?
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 03:23:20 PM »
Lies, all lies.

Just remember the enemy posts here too, these dogs will try to decieve you into tactics that are favorible to them.

Ignore their propaganda to be passive. War is about being aggressive, so yank that joystick with purpose!

They'll tell you not to take a HO (head On) shot so you wont fire when they dump a load on your face. Dont "vulch" so they can take off and shoot you, or your fellow countrymen down. Dont "fly" this or that high performance plane, so you're an easier target. Dont be a "toolshedder" or "milkrunner' and deprive them of their resources.

Before taking any advice, be sure you're not being fed misinformation by an enemy agent. Check his, or her ID. If you detect any flapdoodle, report this right away.

Tools, outside AH, are available to resist these fork tongue agents who will do their best to enslave you mentally, with the goal of turning you into a double agent or passive sissylala who grows a pony tail, hugs trees and wears eyeliner.

For maximum protection, 100% free:
http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

Edit: the better AH players all wear these:

from here: http://zapatopi.net/afdb/testimonials.html
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 03:33:27 PM by x0847Marine »

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
r there any rules?
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 04:32:59 PM »
Originally posted by Clutz
Taylor. Vulching and HO's are pretty much not cool. Both of these acts are the scourge of AH.

3 main signs of a new player:

1. Taking off from a vulched field
2. Getting shot down from a head on shot
3. Whining about vulching and HOs

If you don't like being vulched, take off somewhere else.

If you don't like being shot down from a head on shot, don't fly right at another plane. Please stop telling people not to go for the HO, I get most of my easy kills that way. Using a well timed lead turn you can gain 30 degrees or more at the merge against someone determined to go for the head on shot.

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
r there any rules?
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 06:37:03 PM »
Gryffin. I know how and where to take off so I don't get vulched. I implied I don't like vulchers. I don't think anybody does. I bet vulchers don't like vulchers. Do you like vulchers? What I don't like about a vulcher is this. For instance: I'm flying from a base and am looking for a merge with a bogie. But he wont come down to fight me even though he has the E advantage. He will fly right over me to go vulch a base. Then I got to turn around and go chase him down with all that E he has to protect my country men. Fortunately most people that play have a gentleman's agreement not to vulch unless the base is being capped. I am proudly a member of this group. This is my point is all. This guy is new and I just wanted to share this gentle mans agreement with him. Weather he does it or not is up to him. I guess to each his own though. Vulchers pay bucks too for game play.

As far as HO's (or at least HO's to the point it is almost ramming) go I realize it takes two two planes to head on. But if I'm slow and low and the other guy is hi, why doesn't the head on guy fly around and behind me? I never have understood this. Seems to me that a HO/ramming is as much a risk to them as it is to me. Unless they got a secret that makes a head on work for them.  U say you do. I don't like having to be the smart guy that has to steer away all the time in this silly senseless game of chicken they seem to like to play. I say its silly and sense less for this reason: I think Ho's are not cool at all because the Internet can't process information to make a HO fight make any sense what so ever. It has enough of a problem process two planes going the same speed right behind each other. Some guy comes flying down HO 425 miles an hour crashes into me and he gets a kill for that. One time this happened to me and I hear the bullets hit my plane 1 second after I was already spinning to the ground. This is Internet lag I think.

These are the reasons I said not to vulch and not to HO. I shouldn't have used the word scourge to describe them in this forum. I apologize for that. I did not name anyone in particular. Only reason I said anything is because talor asked. I not usually one that complains very much. There is a link some were on this forum, I think Shatzi pasted it a week or so ago, maybe. Basically it says what is cool and what is not. I couldn't find it so I just picked two things to tell taylor that almost all of us agree on. Vulching and HO's. I dont know. What the heck do I know. Maybe I will just keep my mouth shut and just read threads from now on.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 08:03:33 PM by Clutz »

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
r there any rules?
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 08:14:33 PM »
Originally posted by Gryffin
If you don't like being vulched, take off somewhere else.

If you don't like being shot down from a head on shot, don't fly right at another plane. Please stop telling people not to go for the HO, I get most of my easy kills that way. Using a well timed lead turn you can gain 30 degrees or more at the merge against someone determined to go for the head on shot.

Sounds like good advise to me.

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
r there any rules?
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 09:41:54 PM »

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
r there any rules?
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 10:23:26 PM »
nice one clutz :aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline taylortanklover

• Nickel Member
r there any rules?
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2006, 10:51:04 AM »
i am new and i do not do any of those things u said!

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
r there any rules?
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2006, 02:05:15 PM »
i am new and i do not do any of those things u said!

taylor. I didn't mean for you to think I said u did any of those things if that is what you though. I was replying to another post. Not to you. Sorry if you though I said u did something. I don"t think anybody has any problems with you at all. Have fun. Take care. Clutz

I have always stayed clear of HO and vulching arguments before. I think I forgot to do so this time. Oh well, all is good. Life is short.  :)

Offline taylortanklover

• Nickel Member
r there any rules?
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2006, 02:41:04 PM »
ow i know but it is just odd that u pointed that out and i have never done anything like that before!

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
r there any rules?
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2006, 03:04:50 PM »
Your original post was are there any rules. So I said no vulching and no HO's in case u didn't know that most people don't do these things. No NO I didn't mean you at all. I really never even though such a thing. Please don't think that. That being said I realize I have had a change of opinion about this game lately. Vulchers stir things up. I got to admit vulching is a lot of fun even though I don't do it. I have done it a few times. So let those that like to do it have some fun. A HO is quite a visual thing to see.  It gets the adrenalin up some. I even like some of the bad guys on the radio 200. They keep things interesting. If this game was to be the way my first inclination of it should be, it would get real boring real quick. So I have decided I like it this way, vulchers and HO'ers and all the rest. So I guess I should say I was wra wra wra wrong. Once again, I wasn't directing anything negative to you at all. This is the first thread I have gotten myself into that I am having some trouble with. I'm going to quit posting on it and maybe it will soon go away. :) In fact I think I am going to close the BB and go hide under the desk for a few days. This is a sticky mess I got myself into. I dont do well with confrontation. Only in a dog fight.:aok
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 03:13:03 PM by Clutz »