Author Topic: Woman Fired for Being a Female.  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Woman Fired for Being a Female.
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2006, 08:41:34 AM »
she must be silent

One can only dream. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2006, 09:01:40 AM »
Arggghh

~AoM~

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2006, 10:52:43 AM »
Hello Dredlock,

Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Is it that all the molesters were men?
Orrr  Boys dont complain as much when molested by women? Thus we dont hear about it as much ;)

Female Teachers having sex with their male students seems to be on the upswing. Or is far more common then we previously thought.

We hear about the cases of female teachers molesting young boys for a number of reasons, because they are atypical, but mostly because of the prurient interest they attract from the audience (the typical male reaction is that those kids were lucky, they got a starring role in a adolescent sexual fantasy). The reality however is that statistically, these high profile cases that play so well in the media aren't even worth quantifying. Of the over 130,000 reported cases of  child molestation that occur in the United States yearly (and a liberal estimate is that only 31% of incidents are reported) the media "darling" cases featuring attractive younger women that play on the air are less than half a dozen.

The reality is that 89% of child molestation cases involve someone well known and trusted by the child and that between 96-99% (depending on which study you look at) involve men. That the majority of victims are very young and in the cases of women molesting children it is slightly more likely to be a female victim (54%) who is molested. What that means is that about 1 in 5 females in America will be molested at least once before they reach the age of 18. So yes Chair, it is a very dark and sin sick world we are living in.

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2006, 11:06:57 AM »
100% of priests involved in child molestation were men... i guess they better outlaw male priests.

100% of child molestation victims are children... we better keep them away from all other people.

100% of idiotic statistics are used for idiotic purposes..

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2006, 11:37:41 AM »
Hi Chair,

Originally posted by Chairboy
Perhaps this dangerous creature "man" you speak of should not be trusted to lead the congregation, then, either.  In fact, the elders, all men, should step down (they are in positions of great influence, if they cannot be trusted with children, then how can they be trusted with souls?) so that responsible women can take their places.

I don't sense this conversation is going to go anywhere, especially because for whatever reason you are having a highly emotive reaction to the whole subject. I also really don't see much point in making this a major topic of discussion on the board. So unless you have specific questions you want answers to, I'm going to make this my final post on the topic.

We obviously have very different worldviews that are coloring our discussion, I do not view people as basically good and inherently trustworthy. I view people as naturally fallen and inclined towards sin from birth. The Savior I serve came into a world he described as "lost", "dark", "sinful" and he did so to free men from bondage to sin and spiritual death. During his ministry on earth he met a lot of people who assumed that they were "well" and had no problems with sin. He attempted, sometimes in vain to show them that this was not the case, and that the only people He could save were those who,  unlike the Pharisees, knew that they were sinners:

Jesus answered and said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. "I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

I too really can't do much to help someone until, like me, their eyes are opened to the true condition of their hearts and like the Publican in Christ's parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector they are enabled to say "'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'" (Luke 18:13)

Anyway, let me close with a few personal notes. Although I've never actually cheated on my wife, I don't inherently assume that I am so strong and good that the possibility of falling prey to temptation doesn't exist. Therefore I build as many safeguards into my ministry as possible. I have an absolute policy never to meet alone with women for counseling or pastoral visitation for instance. This is in keeping with the counsel of the Bible which reminds us that while God raises up men and equips them for the ministry he counsels us to watch and pray lest we fall into temptation and reminds us that "Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall." Personally it has been my experience that the vast majority of "falls" in the ministry came from simply believing "that can't happen to me."

I have seen the long term spiritual impact caused by molestation, including the awful sorrow caused in the family of a friend who is an elder in another church whose daughter was molested in the church nursery last year. He confided that he even initially struggled with a desire to simply kill the man responsible, and it was only through a lot of prayer and crying out to the Lord that he was delivered from being consumed by hate towards that fellow. That is something that I never want to see happen in my own church.

I have also counseled plenty of women who were molested as well as men, and in most cases there are lingering problems to this day. There were almost inevitably cases of molestation in the background of people struggling with sexual sins of their own. I should also note that being a congregation made up of saved sinners, we have convicted felons in the congregation, and the catalog of felonies has included child molestation. Despite that in 4 years of running a very busy nursery, we have by God's grace had no reported or suspected incidents of negligence or abuse.    

So in any event, you may see our policies as an overreaction, I on the other hand have been taught by experience that even one incident is too many.

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2006, 11:45:04 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
100% of priests involved in child molestation were men... i guess they better outlaw male priests.

100% of child molestation victims are children... we better keep them away from all other people.

100% of idiotic statistics are used for idiotic purposes..

Who said anything about outlawing anything? Does a private organization not have the right to protect itself? Any man miffed at not being allowed nursery duty should be suspect imo.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2006, 12:09:01 PM »
Originally posted by lukster
Any man miffed at not being allowed nursery duty should be suspect imo.
And anyone who objects to being accused of a crime must be guilty, yes?
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2006, 12:26:50 PM »
And anyone who objects to being accused of a crime must be guilty, yes?

I don't know how you derived that from anything I've said.

Do you know any male who enjoys babysitting a bunch of screaming babies or toddlers that aren't his own? Or maybe even if they are his? ;)

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2006, 12:36:45 PM »
You said that any man who is 'miffed' at not being allowed to work in a nursery should automatically be suspected.  This is the exact same thing as saying that someone who tries to defend themself after being accused of a crime must automatically be guilty.  This is, like Seagoon's church policy regarding daycare, asinine and an example of a logical fallacy.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2006, 04:14:03 PM »
You said that any man who is 'miffed' at not being allowed to work in a nursery should automatically be suspected.  This is the exact same thing as saying that someone who tries to defend themself after being accused of a crime must automatically be guilty.  This is, like Seagoon's church policy regarding daycare, asinine and an example of a logical fallacy.

It's not the "exact" same thing at all. There's no presumption of guilt only suspicion. When it comes to molesting children men are guilty of it far more often than women. Most men don't especially like taking care of other people's babies or young children. I'm not saying that all of these men are child molestors but the odds aren't favorable. You're foolish if you trust children alone with them.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2006, 04:28:59 PM »
And that, sir, is a classic Ad-Hominem argument.

Specifically:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem#Guilt_by_Association

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2006, 04:45:39 PM »
 This is, like Seagoon's church policy regarding daycare, asinine and an example of a logical fallacy.

Just pull out the atheist placard and start picketing and get it over with.
I don`t see how you could be objective on any church policy one way or the other.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2006, 04:46:27 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
Just pull out the aetheist placard and start picketing and get it over with.
I don`t see how you could be objective on any church policy one way or the other.
Once again, Ad hominem, specifically:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem#Ad_hominem_circumstantial

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2006, 04:48:12 PM »
Nice placard, but the lettering should be red.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2006, 04:55:01 PM »
Originally posted by Seagoon
Hi Chair,

I have seen the long term spiritual impact caused by molestation, including the awful sorrow caused in the family of a friend who is an elder in another church whose daughter was molested in the church nursery last year. He confided that he even initially struggled with a desire to simply kill the man responsible, and it was only through a lot of prayer and crying out to the Lord that he was delivered from being consumed by hate towards that fellow. That is something that I never want to see happen in my own church.

- SEAGOON

It is not unreasonable he felt that way.
After all Didnt Jesus himself say something like

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

Personally when it comes to child molestation.
I think JC had the right idea.

Hmmmm Question though HE said

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me"

what about the ones that dont beleive in him?

Seagoon you are good.
While not a holy roller myself by any streatch of the imagination.
The next time I drive donw to Fla to visit my mother and I pass through the town of my birth "Fayettville NC"
Im gonna have to stop off and see you.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty