Author Topic: Mainstream Media  (Read 712 times)

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Mainstream Media
« on: November 10, 2000, 09:05:00 AM »
The mainstream media have injected themselves into our voting process.  By calling way too early the state of Florida they have corrupted our process to elect officials!!!

An investigation of the 4th estate needs to be done.  ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX,CNN all need to report news not make it out whole cloth!!!

The media has become a propaganda outlet!!!

They fail in their constitutional roll!!!

They are the ones who complain the loudest for campaign reform, but accept a huge portion of the funds expended for campaigning!!  What gross and corrupt actions!!!

There is no excuse for their actions of last Tuesday night!!!

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Mainstream Media
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2000, 09:28:00 AM »
 Have you ever watched a sports game? Or did you wait for someone to report a final score? Not quite the same effect.
 Observing the election in progress was very interesting. Of course everyone was glued to their TVs.

No private person/corporation has any obligation to report anything.

The media always was a propaganda outlet.

Constitution does not put any obligation on the media.

They are for-profit corporations making their money by selling ads and driving up their ratings. They need no excuse for doing that.
 We always could ignore the news and wait for results or watch PBS.

Electing a president is not a decision that should be done while voting is already in progress. If some pople were affected by thet, the fault is with them, not the media.

I would have voted for my choice no matter what. Why should it be different for anyone else?

miko

[This message has been edited by miko2d (edited 11-10-2000).]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Mainstream Media
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2000, 09:35:00 AM »

Originally posted by miko2d:
Have you ever watched a sports game? Or did you wait for someone to report a final score? Not quite the same effect.
 Observing the election in progress was very interesting. Of course everyone was glued to their TVs.

No private person/corporation has any obligation to report anything.

The media always was a propaganda outlet.

Constitution does not put any obligation on the media.

They are for-profit corporations making their money by selling ads and driving up their ratings. They need no excuse for doing that.
 We always could ignore the news and wait for results or watch PBS.

Electing a president is not a decision that should be done while voting is already in progress. If some people were affected by that, the fault is with them, not the media.

I would have voted for my choice no matter what. Why should it be different for anyone else?

miko

[This message has been edited by miko2d (edited 11-10-2000).]

Because the news needs to be balanced without an agenda of their own. Without coming out of the left, stay centered. Maybe the average US citizen is a handsomehunk and absorbs the media spew as if it were the God given truth. The media is left, they did their best to influence this election. It's a documented fact they (CNN, MSNBC & CSPAN) gave gore more air time than Bush during the campaign speeches. If you don't see this, OPEN your eyes. Be an educated citizen/voter inspired by fact not emotion.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
Mainstream Media
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2000, 09:45:00 AM »
The media is now feeding into chaos by their current "reporting" of the situation in Florida!!!  Nowhere have I seen a clear, educational, calm explanation of the process taking place in Florida!!!  They are purposely feeding chaos!!!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Mainstream Media
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2000, 09:54:00 AM »

Originally posted by 1776:
The media is now feeding into chaos by their current "reporting" of the situation in Florida!!!  Nowhere have I seen a clear, educational, calm explanation of the process taking place in Florida!!!  They are purposely feeding chaos!!!

Agree, they are assisting Jesse Jackson who is busy twisting this into a race issue. The BS continues to pile up here in FL. I'm proud my county gave additional votes to Bush over gore during the recount. "Both votes" gave Bush our county (Hillsborough) & the majority of the counties in FL!! Just a few were gore and these seem oddly over gored.

Eagler

[This message has been edited by Eagler (edited 11-10-2000).]

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Mainstream Media
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2000, 10:05:00 AM »

It's a documented fact they (CNN, MSNBC & CSPAN) gave gore more air time than Bush during the campaign speeches. - Eagler

Really? I'm kinda suprised by that, actually. Where is this documented? Can you point me to that info?

Thanks.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Mainstream Media
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2000, 10:24:00 AM »

Originally posted by Nash:
Really? I'm kind of surprised by that, actually. Where is this documented? Can you point me to that info?

Thanks.

I'd point you to your television with a stop watch. Deny it if you want, won't change the truth.

Eagler

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Mainstream Media
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2000, 10:29:00 AM »
For this reason (Media chaos feeding into the  confusion) is the exact reason a  re-vote would be unfair, and unconstitutional, the vote would be swayed...thank God  our forefathers foresee the future, and made the constitution with road blocks for loopholes.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Mainstream Media
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2000, 10:36:00 AM »
In Britain, the BBC has to give EXACTLY the same amount of air time to the opinions of all three major parties; whether in the form of party political broadcasts or when doing a factual summary of the issues at stake. Perhaps if the media could agree to do a similar thing in the States, accusations of bias when it comes to airtime would then be immediately refutable.

Just an idea...
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Mainstream Media
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2000, 10:41:00 AM »
Eagler - you saying you can't find this "documented fact"?

Are you saying that *you* in fact documented this by sitting in front of a TV with a stop watch?

Alot of people are gonna buy this kind of rhetoric because they are already predisposed to want to hear it. For some of us though, these kinds of cliche statements ring so typically absurd. This board is so covered with these kinds of "facts", just tossed out there as if, repeated enough, they become true. Perhaps you now beleive this particular little "fact" because you yourself have heard it enough times.

Again, if you can point me to where this documunted fact is indeed documented, I would be grateful. Otherwise, I will continue to read these kinds of posts with a chuckle.

[This message has been edited by Nash (edited 11-10-2000).]

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
Mainstream Media
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2000, 11:02:00 AM »
The decision was made to report false information to the American public Tuesday nite, FACT!!!  It was deliberate, FACT!!!  They knew voting was going on in the central time zone,FACT!!!!  The mainstream media by this action has provided proof they are bias and corrupt, FACT!!!!  The mainstream media now are in the process of creating choas by their non-stop reporting of fringe-group activity, FACT!!!

Folks, they may not be happy til we are in the streets!!!!

Maybe the cubans that attacked CNN are on the right path, what ya think?

[This message has been edited by 1776 (edited 11-10-2000).]

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
Mainstream Media
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2000, 11:25:00 AM »
Thanks Dowding, its always nice to hear how everything's better in the UK  

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Mainstream Media
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2000, 11:42:00 AM »
End of Days Alert! End of Days Alert!

I actually agree with Dowding.

The airwaves theoretically belong to the people and are regulated by the government (FTC).

I don't think that using the "equal time" aspect Dowding has mentioned would hurt a bit.

Of course, then you'd be really entertained by some networks ideas of what "equal time" is.

Candiate X is shown hugging his family, Candidate Y is shown kicking his dog. Both for 3 minutes.    

Figures lie, liars figure.

[This message has been edited by Toad (edited 11-10-2000).]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
Mainstream Media
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2000, 11:45:00 AM »
I think you are a subject not a citizen in the UK.  Which means you are allowed to live or die at the whim of one human being. Ya, sure, a nice place to live heheeeeeee

Offline Paxil

• Copper Member
      • http://marathontoathens.blogspot.com
Mainstream Media
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2000, 11:51:00 AM »
Remember... the media was basing their reports on polling... you know... asking people who they voted for when left the booth... and in one county in particular, I think quite a few people reported voting for someone their actual ballot didn't reflect. However... even if Gore tallied 20,000 more votes in Palm B County, the race was still to close to call. It is downright silly to claim media bias... because they called the race TWICE for different candidates... and it still hasn't been decided.