Author Topic: Lost My Best Friend.  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2006, 08:20:32 PM »
My heartfelt condolences to you and yours :(

My Dad passed away a few years ago ..was fairly sudden, I could not get back across country to see him off, tween jobs, fairly well broke, everything was going wrong it seemed.

You *will* come thru it.

'Have a little faith, baby!' - Oddball, Sherman tank driver, Kelly's Hero's

..in yourself ..those you care for .. and in the Lord.

-GE
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2006, 12:15:05 AM »
Sorry to hear it.

Condolences
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2006, 02:56:04 AM »
gd Mac my favorite summer job was delivering Libbey glass to the bars of Phoenix(mesa,tempe,scottsdale) when I was 18

S! yer bud-Dad
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 02:58:07 AM by Pooh21 »
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2006, 03:57:22 AM »
On top of all of this, my Dads Passing, to get my mind on other things. I good outside with my 8 year old Son to toss the soft football in the Cul-de-Sac. No traffic, nicely cut lawns trimed to the curb.

We play a game called "Go Long" a game we used to play inside until we hit the chandelar and caused some damage. Mom stepped in as the Referee and now "Go Long CANNOT be played inside the house...EVER!!!"

Well we're playing "Go Long"  and having fun... he can't catch well but has a great arm throwing.  Mine you he's 8, I'm 48...this will be a factor again as we go along....

Nice pass, I run after it, great lead on me and I almost have it...I stumbled a bit, twisted left ankle which caused me to lose all traction , balance and the word "Momentum" takes over. Like a Heavy Stuka with no gear I'm making a landing...eyes off the football and look towards point of inpact. The curb.

You know you are really gonna be hurt when everything happens in slow motion...at full flying speed, no flaps extended I hit the curb with my chest right under the man teets, no bounce dead stop. Knock the BeJebus outta me... couldn't breath! Elbow bleeding like Hell, right hip wants to go on strike, left Big toe broke and the one next to it stubed, right kidney seems bruised, gasping for air.

Son comes runnng up and asks are you okay? I reply with lil air I have yes and can we play later? He said Yeah I think you need a break. I think the term in Aces High is "You have ditched" LOL

I'm walking like Ozzy Osbourne right now, had my wifey help me climb/crawl up the stairs to my puter room. Other than that I had an okay Day.
How was your's?

mac
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 04:00:00 AM by AWMac »

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2006, 11:42:42 AM »
Mac,

Sorry to see you lost your Dad. You had a great life together with him and have so many memories to keep you going. I envy you immensely for that gift you had.

You already know that you can never pay back the debt you owe your parents, you always pay it forward in raising your own kids. You have a great start on that debt, now build the same kind of memories for your kids that your Dad blessed you with.

The next few days will be your own personal trial to endure. Remember the good times, cherish the bond you have with your Dad and wish him well on his last voyage. You have something you cannot place a value on and that is the great memories the 2 of you built. After all we have in this world, only the memories and love are the things we can take forward through this life and beyond. Everything else falls away from us.

and RIP to your Dad.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2006, 03:12:01 PM »
Thanks Mav <<>> well said.  I'm even dreaming at night about him and wake up talking to him.

mac

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2006, 03:54:03 PM »
My Dads Obituary

Missing you Pop!
   <<>>

Love Always,

Fred Jr.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2006, 02:05:16 PM »
Thanks for the call COBA94  <<>>

mac

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2006, 06:43:26 PM »
Had to call the Funeral home...seems like my Mom dropped everything in my lap, called Arlington Natl Cem with wuestions, called back to the Funeral Home...Dad's been cremated already.

Called the Airlines about Breaverty Fares , them bastages...even in pain they want to drain you dry.

Andy I got the books today, been reading it off and on, Thanks my Brother.

This isn't the first time it's been thrown in my face..my Grandmother died in '82. I had to fly back from Korea and handle it all.

It all gets old. Just hanging on. Wonder who will handle me when it's my turn to pass on... but Hell I'll be 115 years old and so many perks you'll will fear me.  The only Urn at a AH CON LOL

Life goes on... the circle of Life I guess.

Andy thanks Brother.  To the rest of you all <<>> Thanks for being there.

mac
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 06:58:00 PM by AWMac »

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2006, 06:51:26 PM »
Had to call the Funeral home...seems like my Mom dropped everything in my lap, called Arlington Natl Cem with questions, called back to the Funeral Home...Dad's been cremated already.

Called Airlines, them bastages...even in pain they want to drain you dry.

Andy I got the books today, been read off and on, Thanks my Brother.

This isn't the first time it's been thrown in my face..my Grandmother died in '82. I had to fly back from Korea and handle it all.

It all gets old. Just hanging on. Wonder who will handle me when it's my turn to pas on... but Hell I'll be 115 years old and so many perks you'll will fear me.  The only Urn at a AH CON LOL

Life goes on... the circle of Life I guess.

Andy thanks Brother.  To the rest of you all <<>> Thanks for being there.

mac

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2006, 05:40:11 AM »
It just gets tougher everyday. Between the Funeral Home, Arlington, my own Mother and my Family.

I'm wearing the fake face as though I'm strong and nothing is bothering me but inside I havent stopped grieving. I can't sleep at night, can't eat,
on the phone constantly...fly a lil to just get my mind off things.

The saddest thing is My Wife and I will be the only ones at the Ceremony at Arlington. That hurts. As many friends as he had too.  The first thing out of my Moms mouth today was "Take alotta pictures"

I'm just at a Loss, I'm pulled in a dozen directions and trying to do my best for my Dad. I pray and cry at night asking for strength and direction...still waiting for answers.  I feel so Lost, but to others I look like I have my watermelon together.

I'm just making it on a thread.  I'm loosing it slowly.

mac

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2006, 07:23:26 AM »
they say "one day at a time" ...
but sometimes it is "one hour at a time"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2006, 10:00:33 AM »
Thanks Eagler....sometimes it gets down to "One minute at at time".

mac
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:32:46 AM by AWMac »

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2006, 12:43:32 PM »
Mac,

Trying times are tough for a reason. They wouldn't be trying if there were no real effort involved. You are doing what your Dad wanted. It usually falls on the kids to take care of the parent’s last wishes. Face it, who else would really be expected to do it. They raised you, took care of you and they count on you to finish the job with them.

Is your Mom not going because of money or because she can't stand going through another reminder that her life partner is gone? If it's her choice, remember she knew your Dad before you did and lived with him more than the kids. He was at least half of her life in a deeper way than even for you.

I won't say enjoy Arlington because you won't be able to like you would if you were on vacation. Just remember that you are doing for your Dad what he cannot do for himself. It's a sacred responsibility if you will to care for him and do this task. Who else could he and your Mom ask but you? Who else would have the care, concern and love for him, not to mention the strength, to do this thing for him but you?

This is not a burden even though it feels like one, it's you taking him home to his resting-place, a place of honor and distinction. Only the best get the chance to be there to rest in honored repose. Lay him down with love, respect, regret and know that this is what he wanted and needed YOU to do for him. He could count on no other to have the respect and responsibility to do this. This is a Soldiers resting-place and deserves a Soldiers labor and care to make it happen.  

Get it done, remember him, love him and do what he would want you to do and keep on living. His passing is not the end of your life. Don't make it so against what your Dad would want.

Thinking about you and praying for ya.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 12:46:18 PM by Maverick »
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2006, 04:47:49 PM »
Mav,

Thank you. That was right on target.  I'm not sure yet when I'll be going but will keep you all informed and also how it all went.

Thanks Mav,

mac