Author Topic: Lost My Best Friend.  (Read 2393 times)

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2006, 04:59:33 PM »
Seagoon,

Andy my Brother you don't know how much that call meant to me. I really needed it today. It made so much sense to me. You really made my Day.

After we talked and prayed I felt so much more better and see things now in a different prospective.  

It was strange that I had just thought about you and the phone rang and it was you. Talk about the hairs raising on the back of the neck.  Your words were perfect and the timing couldn't have been any better.

Someday we'll meet.  Again, Thank you.

GOD Bless and Take Care Andy,

Fred

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2006, 05:04:30 PM »
Sorry, Mac I missed this thread , I'll just add some words*

Veuillez recevoir mes condoléances sincères et croire en mes respectueux sentiments.

*I choose to write in french as when I write the same in english I find it doesn't sound as sincere as in french (add this to the long list of my dysfunctions)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2006, 06:17:39 PM »
Mac,

Just saw this thread....  so very sorry to hear it.  My prayers and thoughts go with you.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2006, 02:55:45 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
Sorry, Mac I missed this thread , I'll just add some words*

Veuillez recevoir mes condoléances sincères et croire en mes respectueux sentiments.

*I choose to write in french as when I write the same in english I find it doesn't sound as sincere as in french (add this to the long list of my dysfunctions)

I think this is as close as I can make.

In front of this painful blow dealt by fate, I at the same time sad and am décontenancé. I would like to bring a little comfort to you, but, today, I miss the words. Receive all my tenderness.

Thanks Straffo, Very kind words.

mac

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2006, 02:57:50 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Mac,

Just saw this thread....  so very sorry to hear it.  My prayers and thoughts go with you.

Thank you Bodhi, Prayers help in times as this.

mac

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2006, 07:09:29 AM »
Originally posted by AWMac
I think this is as close as I can make.

In front of this painful blow dealt by fate, I at the same time sad and am décontenancé. I would like to bring a little comfort to you, but, today, I miss the words. Receive all my tenderness.

Thanks Straffo, Very kind words.

mac

I've a lot of empathy because I'm trying to prepare myself for the same unfortunate event.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2006, 06:13:36 PM »
It's this week or next to Arlington.

Just got to get myself together now.

Dad is cremated now and ready for the final trip.

mac

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2006, 05:04:22 PM »
Well making some kind of progress.

Arlington Natl Cem is booked all Month of Sept for burials. I don't blame them at all, soldiers from Iraq and Afganistland.... Let the young go first, my Dad woould understand.

So I have an arrangememnt for my Fathers inturnment on October 3rd at 0900.  That was his coffee time unless we were fishin, by then he was fishin a hook outta his neck when we were fishin by then.

Had to make all the arrangenments today, flight, hotel, rental car, call the funeral home to have them confirm with the airlines it was a breavement fare.

Never deal with Best Western...even in breavement they are rude.

I'm trying to keep this as low cost as I can because I'm laid off and the wifey has the $$$... Flying into Baltimore because Reagan Natl cost too much. Will drive from Baltimore to Arlington and back.

Budget Rental car will give me a funeral relief discount..but have to call tomorrow.

But enough of me...

PropMAW lost his Son in a motorcycle accident a few days ago... I can't imagine having to do all of this for a Son when I'm just doing this for my Dad.

My heart goes out to Doug and his Family, my Prayers are with you. I promised Doug a favor and take a few pics of where his Father is inturned at Arlington while I'm there.

Thanks to all of you that responded, it was truely appreciated.

mac

Please add PropMAW and Family to your prayers as well.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2006, 09:16:21 PM »
Trying to find the most easiest way to put this.......

I called and made the Airline flights, round trip, Breavement fare on the phone with Continiential... had to pay half with checkbook, rest with credit card.  Was assured it would not be a prob. Confirmation code in hand I go to the Airport to pay and make the reservations....

I get to the counter and give the Confirmation number and explain that I need to pay half in Check and the rest on Credit Card...

Well behind the counter was a man my age and a woman a bit younger, somewhat in training. I explained all of this and immedialely the man loks down on me and rolls his eyes a few times, tells the woman this will take hours, looks at me again and acts pissed.

My cool factor just went right out the window... I had enough of this chit.

In a extremely loud voice I said " HEY THIS IS A BREAVEMENT FARE WE ARE DOING, I AM ON MY WAY TO "INTURN" MY FATHER AT ARLINGTON... ARE WE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THIS AND HONORING A VET?"

With all of the attn on him he let the woman handle it all...

I just wanted to reach across and grab his dumb asss by the tie and bring him back into Reality.... I was pissed. The Woman appologized for him... I'll call Continential later and file a complaint... now isnt the time.

People can be so cruel...this bellybutton probably has never served in the Military but being a "Airline Counter Man" means it all...

Sorry all I'm just ranting... not sleeping well, not eating well...just having a hard time.  Those that have buried their Fathers now what I'm going through.

I wish you enough,

mac

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2006, 01:27:32 PM »
Trying to find out if there is someone at Arlington Natl Cem that video records the Inturnment of the decesed for the Family.  

I would find it distasteful and disrespectful to have a Family member of the deceased to have to record or take pics of the Inturnment.

Has anyone been throught this before or as a direction to point me in?

If so please let me know. My Dads inturnment is Oct 3rd at 0900.

mac

Please PM me if you know where to point me.... I'm still in a fog.

thanks,

mac

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2006, 01:58:57 PM »
Mac,

I cannnot know the pain you are going through.  

I haven't been around here in awhile and just recently came back but we fly with/against each other several years ago.  Know that you are in my thoughts and I hope things get better as time goes by for you.  I feel honored that you feel you have enough "family" here that you can share your pain during this time.  If I can help take some of that pain from you heart and off your shoulders please let me do so.  Even though we have not met in person or chatted in several years you are my brother and I will pray for you.

Salute!
Brandon
Rocket

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2006, 02:52:21 PM »
salute mac, stay strong brother.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2006, 03:04:02 PM »
Brandon,

Thanks Bud for the words of encouragement and thoughtfulness.  It's just hard to get through all of this at the most worse time possible.  Doing the best I can and sometimes it seems short. But it's prayers and hope that will get me through this... Thanks Bro.

If it isn't one thing it's another. My focus is on my Dad. To give him the best his Son can do for him during this time. In the meantime, it's everything imaginable from every given direction. Laid off, job searching, bills piling up, phone calls from the mortgage company, airline counter pukes with attitudes and then a certified letter from the IRS... they want back taxes for last year or threaten to sieze my property.  Time to place a Kidney, testicle, fingers or toes on eBay.

Throwing my hands up and letting GOD run the show cuz I can't anymore. I could lay down and sleep for weeks right now.  Haven't slept in days on end, then I crash for a few hours.... rinse and repeat.  I'll go 3 days without eating then stuff....rinse and repeat.

Running on Prayers and Friends right now.  Thanks for the Prayers my Friend.  Thanks to all of you!  

mac

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2006, 03:56:41 PM »
AW, check your PM's

Offline Scatcat

• Copper Member
Lost My Best Friend.
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2006, 04:26:19 PM »
Sorry to here about your Dad AWMac, hang in there.

I salute you and your father for faithfully serving this great nation. May your Dad rest in peace.

Scat