Author Topic: A solution for low level Buff groups  (Read 2300 times)

Offline soupcan

• Copper Member
A solution for low level Buff groups
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2006, 10:02:16 PM »
EDIT: btw i support the addition OF 88s.:D
Addicted since tour 62.
news in game.
http://www.415thsquad.com/

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2006, 12:11:58 AM »
rethink that, you want 88mm guns for manable base defense, to stop low level bombers? doesnt make much sense, under 2000ft an 88mm is like trying to shoot down a plane with a tiger's main gun, the 5 inch american guns had proximity fuses that allowed automatic airbursts when the shell passed within a certain distance of an airplane, 88mm was set on the ground, its essentialy a question of modeling the correct ord/gun, so yes as a bomber enthusiast id like to see manable 88mm guns implimented into base defense, with realistic fuse.... and good luck hitting me with one.:aok  

This could all be perfectly settled with a B25H, and the addition of skip bombs/parafrags...so a buff go go low without being labeld a wiener.
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2006, 08:43:55 PM »
Yes! Automatic Flak-Vierlings and 88s! Double the ack intensity below 16,000 ASL, and keep it the same up high. Fill the open sky with black puffs. Light the sky afire and watch the lancasters burn!

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2006, 08:50:15 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
True enough, but they didn't do it as a SUICIDE maneuver---hangar killing is one thing, but it takes HOURS to get a cv somewhere that it might be useful, then some puke with Lancs who can't hit a turning cv comes diving in with 42k of eggs---if one plane gets thru, even on fire with half a wing, cv is gone. Just pisses me off that pukes overcome lack of skill/practice with dweebi-ness. Mebbe I'm in the minority. Our squad does cv killing missions now and again--usually with Ki67's, or a similarly disadvantaged plane---if we miss, we rtb and try it agin. I'd be embarrassed to death if someone saw me doing suiciding a cv with heavies

THANK YOU! Im not the only one who kills CVs from 15k minimum. And Stephen, NO. You are just trying to give dweebs an excuse! They are retards, and they dont deserve to be labled as "The first with the idea" and "Pioneers" or given new ordenance just because they were to stupid, to dweeby, and too pathetic to climb to altitude. Whil I support the addition of the Mitchel, dont give them even more of a reason to come in at low level. And hvae a perk-multiplier for altitude. Make it so you get a lot more points for killing a hangar if you drop from 20,000 feet than if you drop from 200. It takes more skill and devotion to go that high, so if you want more people to do that, reward those who do.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2006, 05:03:51 AM »
Originally posted by stephen
rethink that, you want 88mm guns for manable base defense, to stop low level bombers? doesnt make much sense, under 2000ft an 88mm is like trying to shoot down a plane with a tiger's main gun, the 5 inch american guns had proximity fuses that allowed automatic airbursts when the shell passed within a certain distance of an airplane, 88mm was set on the ground, its essentialy a question of modeling the correct ord/gun, so yes as a bomber enthusiast id like to see manable 88mm guns implimented into base defense, with realistic fuse.... and good luck hitting me with one.:aok  

This could all be perfectly settled with a B25H, and the addition of skip bombs/parafrags...so a buff go go low without being labeld a wiener.

I will agree, that's why I would recomn'd a mixture of AA guns. Along with the 88's you would also have dual and quad mount 40mm Bofors guns and 5" guns.

Just a thought

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2006, 04:36:14 PM »
Originally posted by MOIL
I will agree, that's why I would recomn'd a mixture of AA guns. Along with the 88's you would also have dual and quad mount 40mm Bofors guns and 5" guns.

Just a thought

I would recommend HTC to make a Christmas Gift for LTARs*****TUNGUSKA:)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 05:11:24 PM by ghi »

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2006, 05:06:21 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
We can chatter all we want...but from prior threads its apparent that HT is planning to implement a damage lag, so that if someone dies too soon after bombs hit the damage will be reversed.

That will change tactics considerably, and other suggestions will likely be...umm...filed until the effects of HT's plans are seen.

Just sayin...

You may be privy to something I'm not Sim, but I don't think this is something that's going to happen soon. He first suggested this idea 4 years ago, and I haven't seen anything other than "it's been discussed", or "I'm leaning toward it" in either that or the more recent thread, nor a mention of any updates at all in the near future, aside from the presumably ongoing plane updates.

Anyway, just sayin'.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2006, 11:16:23 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
I would recommend HTC to make a Christmas Gift for LTARs*****TUNGUSKA:)

HELLS YEAH!!!

Offline justfreds

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2006, 10:51:28 PM »
you could always perk the bombs...... make em cost a few perkies. then when dive bombin lanc noobs run out of buffs perks then bye bye bombs for em

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2006, 11:29:09 PM »
Originally posted by stephen
The tactics in this game will never be the same as WW2, If a Lanc gets anywhere near an nme base below 5000ft, then you must not control the airspace, hence you will be bombed by low buffs {not trying to be a jerk just comes naturaly}, but even if you remove the drone option its still not gonna stop it, even if you make it where any negative angle more than 15 degrees wont let buff drop ord, your still gona see guys boring in from 5k, and dropping lvl....

Ploesti B24 raid was more of an inteligence failure than a tactical one, I read that prior to launching raids allied command was issuing bullitins to anti air artillery that a forthcoming raid of B24's would be launching, hence tipping the germans off via radio {in the clear no less!}, Plus the pilots as I recall had minimal low level navigation experience, and many of the flights where missing the target or dropping on parts of the oil field that had allready been hit,,bad luck all around,

No expert here, but  imagine that a few bombs dropped on an oil refinery would lead to huge clouds of black smoke, if you were the 2nd or 3rd wave then you would probably miss by miles due to all the smoke, INMHO

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2006, 06:26:08 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
You may be privy to something I'm not Sim, but I don't think this is something that's going to happen soon. He first suggested this idea 4 years ago, and I haven't seen anything other than "it's been discussed", or "I'm leaning toward it" in either that or the more recent thread, nor a mention of any updates at all in the near future, aside from the presumably ongoing plane updates.

Anyway, just sayin'.

You can read it here http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=181845&highlight=bombs Its a bit long, but onc the main idea was beat around for a bit we havn't heard anything new on it.

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2006, 08:57:44 AM »
Originally posted by 999000
Ok and the fighter pilots will not  shoot the buff guys till we reach 10K and if we RTB getting ready  to land  under 10k they won't shoot either. Oh and btw didn't the porking of ordinace start a couple of years ago?
I think some buff guys are so decent that we will drop a line of eggs announced before hand simply right down the runway so as not to disrupt the fighter hangers. But anyway play the game the way you want and just have fun

lol, You funny.  This is the guy that brings set after set after set after set after set of 17s or 24s towards a CV at 1000ft or less untill one or two of the drones drops on the CV before the 5" get him.  15, 20, 30 minutes, what ever it takes.  It is you they complain about and you that gives the rest of the buffs a bad name.

Unless you have changed and now only fly at 10K hiting towns helping with base captures, :rofl

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2006, 10:43:06 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
You can read it here http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=181845&highlight=bombs Its a bit long, but onc the main idea was beat around for a bit we havn't heard anything new on it.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was getting at. Big difference between "eh, maybe", and "it'll be in tomorrow's patch".
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2006, 12:40:08 PM »
bomb-bay opens at under 10,000 feet above ground level, all buffs vaporize.

hap

Offline MadSquirrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2006, 01:04:48 PM »
When it's all said and done, I don't really mind low level Buffs as long as we get adequate ground defense to combat it.

Dive bombing buffs is a whole different story.

We usually get advance warning about low level buffs incoming.  We just have no defense against them.  An Ostwind will destroy most fighters with a single hit.  But you can pound on buffs and you might get an engine to smoke or maybe an elevator to fall off.  And when, after multiple hits, you do down a buff, the pilot pops over to another buff.  Oh well, lost one of my buffs.  No big loss.  Just turn and come in again.

Give me a defensive weapon such as the 8.8-cm Flak 41 or the 5-cm Flak 41 and you can low level bomb all ya want.

LTARsqrl  <>