Author Topic: HT - please lower the eny threshold  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
HT - please lower the eny threshold
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 01:05:57 PM »
E25280: I've not checked the ENY in a while. Last I checked they were all almost the same, but this was some time ago. All I know is that I can kill half a dozen of them in any half-way decent plane and only get 0.8 perkies (which is stupid -- these things are HARD to kill because they're running at 350mph all the time!!).

Kind of dumb that the B17 is higher than the B24, eh? If not the other way around, they should at least be equal.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 09:52:54 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Kind of dumb that the B17 is higher than the B24, eh? If not the other way around, they should at least be equal.
Like Flayed1 said:
Originally posted by Flayed1
Also I think the reason the 17 has an eny of 15 and the 24 an eny of 20 is that the 24 will get torn to shreds and cach fire while the 17 can keep flying on it's way while taking much more damage
That is, ENY is a measure of their air-to-air value.  There is a separate category "OBJ" that measures a planes effectiveness vs. ground objects.  In this measure, Lancs and B-24s are 10s, the B-17 is 15 (smaller bombload), B-26 is 20, etc.  So, take out a ground object with a Lanc, get less bomber perks than if you take out the same object in a B-17, Ju-88 (OBJ of 25) or even an Ar234 (OBJ of 15).

(Sheesh, did I just qualify for AH geekdom??? :huh )
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2006, 08:09:48 AM »
Things seem a little worse than when I first posted...to the point that some are giving up and going to the DA to find fights.

Thats great (and I plan on doing it too) but it means that there are even fewer flying the low side. And for every vet that goes to DA, how many less experienced folks switch or leave?

Please reconsider, HT. When people complained about ENY, you responded with "if you dont like it, just switch sides." Trouble is, switching sides makes THIS problem worse.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad