Author Topic: <S> FSO squads  (Read 2936 times)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2006, 10:45:47 PM »
beep beep.

Whoa there :)   Every player that attends FSO has the right to input their views into FSO.  The CM team designs them but it's important to respect the players that Participate.  

That doesn't mean that Every player will get their way, there are some things that go on behind the scenes that make the event go off the way it does, so it's inevitable that someone won't like the outcome, that's just the way it goes.

Downfall is a great example, there were many people who Wanted the chance to run that again with the original settings, and some who Didn't like it.  Can't please everyone, but that doesn't mean it was 100% Wrong if you didn't like it or 100% Right if you did.  But that didn't stop 100% of the participants from having Input.

I think this ones just about run it's course.  There has been more time spent fighting than spent on discussing and solving problems.  I don't care What anyone thinks the problem is, it sure won't be solved this way.  There's not a single CM that doesn't have the ability to move beyond this, nor a single squad that is disposable and I am willing to lose.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 01:11:23 PM by Skuzzy »
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2006, 10:50:53 PM »
Please STOP(in fetal postion)

Don't even think about it ROC you'll violate your parole
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline mrmidi

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2006, 10:52:01 PM »
Originally posted by 68KO
beep beep

That was uncalled for
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 01:11:52 PM by Skuzzy »
In charge of nothing.
C.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
It is what it is!

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2006, 10:56:35 PM »
Please STOP

That was my Point doobs :)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2006, 11:54:03 PM »
What if I told you I had I'll three Doobs:)

Anyway.

There is not much I can add to this. Matter of fact there is very little. The problems with Frame 1 have been discussed and should be eliminated in Frame 2.

It seems people have already made up there minds, and the proverbial lines have been drawn, the beginning of these lines started some time ago.
I could probably give you an exact date but that date but it would mean little for those who are not members of the CM Team.

All I can do is apologize, learn from some failures and move on. If you can't accept that, then maybe you do need to move on and head somewhere else.

I mentioned on our Private forum that this is not new, and from time to time problems come up. And I think Skernsk was out of context when he mentioned Downfall as I think he meant to mention my last FSO, Maltese Miracle.

But thats besides the point, I'm sure Skernsk can recall some bad decisions he has made as made as a CM, Just like I can, just like 68KO can, just like any other CM or former CM can.

I reccomend everyone reading this post to view the Squad Ops forum from the beginning, I did today, Not every post, but enough to see that FSO has never been flawless. Or exempt from problems or changes in its design. Some problems stemmed from the CiC's orders, others were derived from the actions of the CMs. But I tell you what, all of the problems were adressed to some extent and people moved on and FSO still exists today. If it hadnt, we wouldnt be carrying on this conversation in this forum at this late hour.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2006, 04:18:23 AM »
Ok Guys

This thread is not healthy.

I think my Drunken, Foul Mouthed Leader is correct in saying Hit the brakes and walk away......

From those of you that I know I think that most of the FSO players and CM Team are mature adults, we all loose our cool sometimes and need to step back before we say somthing in anger that we regret later...

Go to the EW Arena and shoot down some red guys, blow off some steam.

Only then can you effectively resolve any issues that need to be looked at.

Later All
Doobs.
CM Team (Retired And Active).
FSO Squads.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2006, 11:52:37 AM »
Err...

I see outlaw quoting 60KO but not his original post. That's weird. I hope he took it down himself and wasn't censored, because that was a really lame post and I hope he realizes it.

I think we are all very aware that the CM team is an all-volunteer thing.  I also think that most of us realize that there will never be unanimous agreement on what is good and what is bad.

However, I think that the majority of the posts made here would be indicative of the general response to a particular Squad op.

Hopefully the CM staff also realizes that the sole purpose of their efforts is to entertain the participants.

There seems to be quite a bit of animosity towards daddog and some other 332 members, and I can't speak to that, I'm not aware of past interaction, but I think it would be best for all parties to drop as much of that silliness as possible.  

Daddog is looking after the interests of his squad, and when the squad as a whole has a problem with what's going on he's going to speak up, retired CM or not, whatever his past connections.  It's what I did as a CO and what I would expect a CO to do.  

If you don't care what the squads think about the ops, why are you even doing it?

Someone please install a breathalyzer on doobs' PC. :lol

Don't drink and post!@

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2006, 12:06:22 PM »
Please allow me to interdict here and say.......................... ................

.........................noth ing :)

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2006, 08:24:05 PM »
Aww jeez, if yer gonna remove KO's post you shoulda removed mine too.

Now it looks like I got my thong underwear on backwards or something.:huh

At any rate.  Nef you are right, I made several mistakes.  Some of them could have been avoided.  

Lock the thread, remove all my posts and y'all have fun Friday

:aok
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 10:17:52 PM by skernsk »