Author Topic: Best Plane?  (Read 3813 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Best Plane?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 01:15:46 PM »
Originally posted by Ball
I'm sorry i didn't mean to start a fight.

It's not your fault Ball. Schatzi always argues with everybody. :cry

:rofl

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Best Plane?
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 02:00:01 PM »
i reccomend P-38 tog et the training wheels off because it easy to takeoff easy to fly but tough to master.:cool:  Then switch to the Yak9u for further training for if you can get 2 or 3 kills in that plane you can get 3 or 4 in any other.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline 1895

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
      • http://raf315.org
Best Plane?
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 05:01:59 PM »
I do NOT recommend going straight to a spitfire. I did and it screwed me up a bit. You'll be too used to flying easy and when it comes time for another plane you'll be screwed. Spits can do amazing things and turn with a hurri 2c and zeke for a few moments. Problem is all spits are easy except the Spit 1, 8 has a pretty good turn and normal roll. I would recommend if ANY spit, a 9 or 8, 16 just has super fast roll and is dweebish

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Best Plane?
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 05:31:39 PM »
are you calling me a dweeb sir?  ;)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Best Plane?
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 05:38:24 PM »
Ball,

A couple of questions for you.  

1. Have you ever flown a flight sim before?
2. Does level bombing sound enjoyable?
3. Do you want to just step in and dogfight?

Each of the planes they have listed will do you fine.  Each has strengths and weaknesses(sp).  If you have never flown a flight sim and need some basic flight training and gunnery skills I would suggest a P-38.  The guns are center mounted making convergence less of a worry and the torque effect isn't as bad as some of the other planes.

If you have basic flight skills down and some experience in a flight sim then you need to ask yourself what kind of learning curve do I want?  Spits, Hurri, Zekes will get you into fights easily, are somewhat forgiving and you can "yank" the stick to a point and still get some kills.  You can learn alot of ACM in these planes and have some fun along the way.  If you want to take the harder road and sometimes less traveled and have abit of patience then grab a p51, 109, 190.  These will have you spending more time keeping your "E" and teaching you not to just dive in, yank the stick and go in circles unti someone wins, because most the time you won't win this fight.  I think you can learn alot of finesse in the energy fighters.  IMO a person that can learn in an E fighter can play in a turn and burn fighter fairly easily.  The opposite is not always true.   P47, F4U, and some others are quite unforgiving to a new pilot and I really would suggest something else besides these planes.

If you are intersted in bombing and flying the big planes then all of the above doesn't really apply.  I used to know guys in here that spent 90% of there time flying B-17s and loving every minute of it.  If you saw thier scoring you would see maybe an hour a month total in a fighter and then they didn't score very many kills vs deaths.  This is fine as this game offers choices to everyone :D

I would say that if you decide to give the E fighters a whirl to start don't be afraid if you are getting frustrated to jump in a turner just go whack someone and then come back.

Don't be afraid to contact the training corp and set up some time learning the Aircraft and the basics.  These guys/gals are damn good at what they do and can help you out alot!

Welcome to a wonderful game than can pose huge addiction problems and become an intergral part of your life :p

S!
Rocket

P.s. If you hadn't noticed you probably asked the hardest question you can ask around here.  Everyone has their own choices and opinions.  Read through, absorb everything you can and you will be able to make well informed decisions at the minimum :)

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
Best Plane?
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2006, 05:44:24 PM »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Niki.  Decent speed, decent turn, decent visibility, very decent guns and an obscene amount of 20mm ammo.  Something else that should be considered for "My First Plane" is over the nose visibility for deflection shots and the Niki's pretty good in that area.  My only concern would be some negative training from all the ammo...this could lead some new guys to believe "spray and pray" is a valid gunnery technique.  The advantage though is that you have plenty of ammo to refine your gunnery skills.

Mace
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Best Plane?
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2006, 06:28:55 PM »
109K-4,really nothing else need to be said.Slow scissors fight a properly flown 109 will win against most any plane in the game and will destroy all american planes without exception.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Best Plane?
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2006, 08:44:31 PM »
Rocket... I think you had the best answer to his question overall

Sir :aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
Best Plane?
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2006, 09:22:17 PM »
I seen Ball in action today , and he's really good :) Thanks again matie

Really best all around plane in game is Spit 16 IMO and it's a hoot for me to fly .

Wat's wrong with comfort planes btw ? I "work" hard enough at my RL job :P hehe . I just want to have some laughs and chat while being with guys that feel the same .

Question for Ball , do u have a mic yet ?
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
Best Plane?
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »
Originally posted by Creton
109K-4,really nothing else need to be said.Slow scissors fight a properly flown 109 will win against most any plane in the game and will destroy all american planes without exception.

With all due respect, the K-4 (or any 109 for that matter), although very capable, isn't a beginner's aircraft.  Flying qualities, compression, slats, marginal visibility, crapy over the nose visibility...actually crapy forward vis all together makes this plane more challenging and probably discouraging for new pilots.  Your comment about a slow scissors is debatible, but the K-4 isn't really a plane I'd recommend to a beginner.

Mace
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Best Plane?
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2006, 11:31:35 AM »
rumer has it Ball = furballs shade .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Best Plane?
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2006, 05:52:33 PM »
no crap, get a life man.:huh

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Best Plane?
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2006, 02:05:53 AM »
Actually, it is not a shade and i have been freely admitting it is me when asked - this is not a new account it is just my normal one renamed. Since yesterday i have even put it in my squad name to save any confusion.

It is interesting to see the attitude of people towards players who have handles they do not recognise in the MA, been getting some big time abuse, i even got put down for landing kills - as if i wasnt allowed or something.  I got challenged to DA 3 times yesterday, as Furball i can only remember 1 or 2 times ever.  Also someone in the SEA Arena PM'd me after i asked if i still had time to up, and basically told me to **** off because it is a closed event.  It is a nice change to have the friendly helpful attitude towards a newbie.

thanks, all.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 02:23:19 AM by Ball »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Best Plane?
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2006, 05:41:37 AM »
Actually, it is not a shade and i have been freely admitting it is me when asked - this is not a new account it is just my normal one renamed. Since yesterday i have even put it in my squad name to save any confusion.

It is interesting to see the attitude of people towards players who have handles they do not recognise in the MA, been getting some big time abuse, i even got put down for landing kills - as if i wasnt allowed or something.  I got challenged to DA 3 times yesterday, as Furball i can only remember 1 or 2 times ever.  Also someone in the SEA Arena PM'd me after i asked if i still had time to up, and basically told me to **** off because it is a closed event.  It is a nice change to have the friendly helpful attitude towards a newbie.

thanks, all.

Welcome to Aces High, Ball ;).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
Best Plane?
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 06:45:39 AM »

thanks, all.

Dear god, yet another name to fear...

And as to the 109s, yes, those are not begginers planes. I made the mistake of trying, and have still yet to learn a thing because I am constantly shot down. Still love them, but cannot fly them (Ask furbie/ball, he pwned me in a G14 with a TBM)

I like the P-40E, simply because of the ammo compared to a 109K which I was used to.